[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best state to live in and why? I hate Florida

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: J3wJ1RO.gif (861KB, 2018x1365px) Image search: [Google]
J3wJ1RO.gif
861KB, 2018x1365px
What is the best state to live in and why? I hate Florida
>>
>>18684944
What's wrong with Florida?
>>
New Jersey. People here are extremely nice and it's mostly overrun with Italians and Mexicans, both make really good food. Florida's nice but I can't imagine myself living there. I go there once every couple months for the beach.
>>
Sarasota here, fuck Florida

My heart's set on Seattle
>>
>>18684944

Texas. Houston in particular.
I hear the swimming is great there.
>>
File: qualitygas.jpg (90KB, 1134x803px) Image search: [Google]
qualitygas.jpg
90KB, 1134x803px
>>18685504
Gas is terrible there though
>>
>>18684944
A place where you can get lost in the middle of nowhere and meditate on the clarity and stillness of massive silent things.

Utah.
>>
>>18684944
i want to go to montana cuz ive been in arizona all my life and its really hot here
>>
>>18684944
Idaho or Maine. Really anything north of MA.
>>
>>18684944
oregon
>>
kentucky
>>
>>18684944
France.
>>
>>18685504
Austin. Houston. Dallas. Beautiful people. Beautiful weather. Beautiful traffic. All so beautiful.
>>
>>18685102
I live in NJ and I can say the people here aren't nice at all cost of living is expensive you have an exit tax when you want to leave this shit hole if you own a house and its overcrowded.
>>
>>18685102
This is a trap. Disregard this.
>>
California sucks dick unless you live directly on the coast or in the northern half beyond the bay or along the Sierras. I miss Florida and Georgia.
>>
>>18685095
what isn't wrong with Florida?
>>
For Fun? probably new York
If left CA, If right TX
If normal Midwest
If wanting to hi Oregon
>>
>>18686984
Goddamn I hate Georgia. California must be a real shithole if you miss this place.
>>
>>18687356
Don't get me wrong. The Sierras and north of the bay are fucking beautiful, I love going to them as often as work allows. But there is literally no opportunity outside of SD, LA and the Bay. Those areas are completely unaffordable, full of shit people, and are outdated housing and infrastructure wise, don't let people fool you, it's bordering on third world tier in some areas. As soon as my stocks are fully vested after next year I am gone.

The food here is no better than anywhere else too. The beer is shit everything is a gay ass IPA with a few rare exceptions, wine is good and so is the sushi.

For the rent I'm paying in a shit Two bed two bath with my wife I could buy a 4 bed three bath in my home town easy peasy and pay it off in less than a decade with the adjusted salary in either Florida or Georgia. I should have taken that job at Solvay.
>>
>>18687366
Dude, everything outside of Atlanta and the surrounding suburbs is like a 3rd world country. No opportunity, just poverty. I'd kill to live in a state with beautiful scenery and more than one big city.
>>
>>18687387
I really enjoyed Atlanta, savannah, and Macon. I enjoy Florida more though. Especially the weather.

By all means move to California but unless you have a PhD, family in the area, or are willing to live with Lost of roommates it's going to be a shitty time.
>>
>>18687389
But that said, if you are willing to move, I loved Mariposa and Eureka. Those are small towns are just wonderful. Both next to great national parks. I highly recommend lost coast brewery too. Their downtown brown and great white are magnificent.

There are some good things about California but it's not a place to settle down and call home or plant roots unless you make it big.
>>
>>18687398
>>18687387
Yeah. Unless you have really lucrative skills, there's literally no reason to move to CA just to be a barista or waitor or bartender.
>>
>>18687389
Yeah, Savannah can be alright for a weekend trip. Macon is probably the most depressing place I've had the displeasure of driving through in a long time. Drove down broad or main st. (I can't remember which) and it was straight up ghetto.

I'd love to move to Santa Cruz, but I doubt I could make it happen.
>>
>>18687325
I don't know. They don't like Florida.
>>
>>18687416
It really all depends on why you are moving and what you hope to gain. If you have say a master in engineering or greater, then sure, move to CA. I have known a lot of people from home move here to just be in the service industry and are now essentially economically trapped.
>>
>>18685102
NJ is the best of the Greater NY area. Just live on the East side near the Parkway to avoid the barren areas.
>if you can afford it
>>
>>18687398
My cousin who lives in Eureka/Northern Cali says it's a literal fucking hellhole where the only thing to do is drugs and white trash sluts.
>>
>>18685452

Seattlite here. I just someone from Florida yesterday. He was digging through the dumpster behind my building and talking to himself while in the throes of a methamphetamine mini-overdose. Please stay in Florida, OP. The state of Washington thanks you.
>>
>>18687624
As I said, really depends on what you want to gain or why bother to move. You could say the same thing about Alabama.
>>
>>18684944
As a Upstate New Yorker I love Florida
I usually go during march where my grandma has a winter house north of St. Petersburg
Nice old cars everywhere
Looser gun limitations
People I meet tend to be very nice
Love the landscape when traveling in the rural areas
I hear the summers are a dread of hundred degree heat. I dont know if I would like it then. plus the state will be underwater in forty years...

The desert of the southwest seems nice because I fucking hate mosquitoes and I hear its little no none out there.
>>
>>18684944
Florida (Miami) or California (Los Angeles)

Every other choice is wrong
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.