[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone help me out of this rut? Goes something like this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1488730366834.png (361KB, 500x438px) Image search: [Google]
1488730366834.png
361KB, 500x438px
Can someone help me out of this rut?

Goes something like this

>Thinking of my future or anything controversial
>Realize everything in life is ultimatley pointless.
>No great plan or meaning
>Instantly revert to being complacent/depressed
>Do not want to do anything because of it.
>Feelsbadman.jpg
>>
I never understood this.

To me total pointlessness of it all is very liberating thought
>>
Life is an all genre video game.
Go play it.
>>
>>18684058
This

Do whatever you wants, spare the true evils of the world like rape and murder. But have fun. It's a lot easier to do stupid shit knowing there will be no grand afterlife.
>>
bump for self-interest
>>
>>18684051
Even if, in the grand scheme of things, it is all meaningless, still in the short term (say, a typical human lifetime) there clearly is a difference between being happy and unhappy.

So the purpose of any life is to get the most out of it while you're here. (That doesn't necessarily mean self-indulgence. For many, "getting the most out of it" involves loving, doing good, building things, etc)
>>
>>18684051
You have to find your Sun OP.

Your very own Sun.
>>
>>18684051
Jesus is the purpose.
>>
Having thoughts like these are "self-actualization" issues.

Majority of people on these threads don't realize that it is a privilege to stop and smell the roses for better or worse, as most of the world are employed in wagecuckery jobs and have little to no time, or care to think about the greater picture.

It seems you have the courage to think about it though, it doesn't have to be pretty. Life is all about the highs and lows, I eventually learned to appreciate both of them with the solemn understanding that you are a minority of people that entertain the darker side.

Life is all about happiness and love.
>>
>>18684936
Love doesn't exist at all
>>
>>18684079
Cringe
>>
>>18684103
Thanks man
>>
Most atheists are proud, libertarian types with a strong ego- these are good things.

Coinciding with this, your own dogma is largely rooted in fact, observation and logic.

So being astute as you are. Read about other people's experiences on their deathbeds, their last words and sometimes their near death experiences.

Some of the most famous "atheists" awake to find their afterlife is identical to their physical life. Judgement is passed by yourself, we are sentient beings built to feel the world with our senses.

Atheists are right, we have freewill and self determination. But its not an excuse for not believing in anything. The fact you believe in yourself based on your internal dialogue and the exhibition of yourself to others in life is proof that you do in fact believe in something.

The manifestation of your thoughts are critical. Eventually being an atheist, you will cling to any salvation when you are older as a "hedge" or contingency "just in case".

Well lets say you determine you are likely no more than 10% wrong- and you live with this comfortably. Well being an atheist doesn't excuse you from learning, planning and ultimately preparing to counter that 10% chance. For instance spending 2-4 days a month just contemplating the dogma that would entail this 10%.

Its almost like saying to an atheist, " there is a 25% chance your house will flood". But the atheist prepares nothing for this risk.

Is this belief from an atheist?

Is being 100% sure about anything possible
>>
>>18684051
You can embrace nihilism positively you know. That's an option...
>>
>>18684982
It is though...

Its chemicals neural firings and comparable to.heroine addiction associated to another human alongside altruism and a mating instinct and its not all disney but.. Its as real as your morning cornflakes.
>>
I like the way you think. Good to see a strong mind like yours
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.