[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A Career For A Neet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 1497797445397.png (2MB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
1497797445397.png
2MB, 1280x768px
I'm twenty-two, currently living with my mom, had my heart broken from a long relationship ending, and I'm really just wanting to start feeling independent. I've worked two jobs so far, Goodwill and Walmart, and I disliked both. Retail just isn't for me, it's far more exhausting than one would be led to believe.

I want something more than a job, I want a career, sadly, I didn't go to college, nor do I really want to. I didn't even attend highschool, I got my GED at sixteen. Is it possible for someone with only two years of retail work experience and little education to get a well paying, satisfying, career?

I don't want to live a lavished life, I'm a simple guy who just enjoys the internet for entertainment, so location isn't a problem. Well, getting there might be. I live on the coast of Oregon, so maybe a job on a fishing boat or a fish hatchery? I was thinking even the possibility of working on a oil rig. Maybe I'll even just settle for a call center, wouldn't be making the big bucks, but at least I'd just be sitting at a desk.

I don't know, any ideas?
>>
>>18683531
>Is it possible for someone with only two years of retail work experience and little education to get a well paying, satisfying, career?
Well it's not just going to fucking land in your lap if that's what you're hoping. If you want to improve your life, you're going to have to crawl out of your mother's basement and do something, it's not just going to 'work itself out'

And cut the 'oh I don't like working retail' bullshit. You have literally nothing going for you, you're not in a position to be picky about what you do for a living.
>>
>>18683543

I know it's not going to 'land in my lap', that's why I'm inquiring of possibilities for me to pursue.
>>
>>18683531
You can get tons of good paying jobs without formal education but you're going to be working your ass off.

You don't need to work retail, cable companies always need field techs and train on the job so no previous experience is required. Instead of looking at pay look for 'no experience needed' jobs, Craigslist job postings are full of those types of jobs, the last 4 jobs Ive had were from there and all of them were new fields to me.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.