[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is college worth it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1504230780648.jpg (54KB, 480x549px) Image search: [Google]
1504230780648.jpg
54KB, 480x549px
After high school I took a break and went to college until 3 years later. I've been there for about a year already and I feel really unmotivated to continue. I'm actually not sure what career to take at all. I've been wanting to be an artist but I feel like becoming a cartoonist or storyboard artist wouldn't make me too happy. I've been really depressed and I'm desperate to move out of my parents home since I don't get along with them. But even if I get a job It wouldn't be enough to rent even a studio since where I live everwhere it's expensive as fuck. What should I do?
>>
>>18682433
If you want a respectable non-trade job then yeah
>>
>>18682728
>trades
>not respectable
>>
Sometimes in life, you should ignore your feelings and emotional state. While it does suck that you feel this way, perhaps sticking to school is the logical way for your future. Although, I would strongly advise to always think about your major.
Ive had the same issues starting college, dropped out (if i didn't, i would have finished general ed by now). Came back a year later and decided what I really wanted to do. Eventually these feeling will subside.

As for your issues at home, you may want to find a job and very cheap housing. Maybe get assigned with roomates? I cant comment to much about that, since idk your area at all.
>>
Don't invest in college unless you have a plan. If you're not in a field with good job placement rates and you're not networking, you're basically just putting yourself into debt.
>>
>>18682433
It is time for you to decide what you want to be when you grow up.

College is designed to serve two groups of customers - those who want careers in fields that require college, and those who just enjoy learning things for its own sake.

If you are in neither of those groups, college has nothing to offer you. Note that I am NOT saying you're not good enough for it. It may not be good enough for you.

The world will always need plumbers.
>>
>>18682925
>reading comprehension
Anon wrote a respectable non trade job which means a job that isn't in trade, but is also respectable. He said nothing about whether trades are respectable.
>>
>>18682433
What do you intend to use for your degree?
Do you know the job prospects, market and starting salaries?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.