[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Afraid of everything.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: fear.jpg (157KB, 1200x801px) Image search: [Google]
fear.jpg
157KB, 1200x801px
My parents and friends call me a pussy, a coward, a punk, etc for being afraid of bugs and spiders and dogs and generally being afraid of going outside because people are crazy and you could die at any second. I know it's not manly to act this way but I just can't get over my fear. What do I do? I guess I don't want to be a coward forever and I want my family and friends to respect me at least a little bit.
>>
If you're really stuck, you might want to look into Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. The basic idea, is that you learn to reprogram your response to triggers, it's a fairly successful method for people dealing with obsessive compulsive disorders, and anxiety.

If it's really stopping you from functioning, get a little bit of basic counseling, there's a lot you can do with it on your own too.
>>
theres other fears you could face to look 'manly' right?? just do something else that makes you look tough and i dont mean like lifting weights, beta male shit.. i mean face other fears you have
>>
>>18681677
Bravery is not the lack of fear, it is stepping up to face your fears. Life without daily acts of courage is meaningless and dull. Everything becomes a boring color of beige and that is called depression. Face your fears or they willconsume you. Only you can help yourself. I used to be like you and my parenrs woild never allow me the crutch of medication. It was always sink or swim, and let's face it, that's how life is despite how cozy we wish it was. Face your fears or end up killing yourself from shame and depression. This is what it means to be masculine or "manly" as you put it.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.