[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Living after Death

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: alone.jpg (46KB, 900x597px) Image search: [Google]
alone.jpg
46KB, 900x597px
I just realized I will never get over my father's death and resent God/Christianity for it (and probably forever will) as I was once a Christian and now feel betrayed/forsaken by God for having left my solid trust in him, that my father would overcome his illness. He didn't. He died and left me in a traumatic state for a long time and I have abandoned religion/prayer/faith/hope since.

I have so many great things in front of me still however yet the void and trauma left in me by my father's sudden death only allows me to live my life "half way" never being able to fully enjoy time and experiences with the remaining members of my family.

I realize how stupid I may sound "boo hoo I hate a made up being for targeting my family and ripping us apart by stealing away my father" but that is the situation at hand and well, how does the rest of /adv/ deal with losing loved ones? And what are some steps I can take to get over this?
>>
Bumping because I haven't got over it and it's been years. I just became colder, rotten and detached. Empty mostly, but I guess that's one way of surviving too.

Some people become stronger, others angry
>>
>>18681561
>colder, rotten, detached, empty, angry

That's right where I am/have been for ages. Stuck. Sorry we're in the same boat.
>>
>>18681552

>how does the rest of /adv/ deal with losing loved ones

I see death as just another "stage", whether I continue to exist or not, it does not really matter. Not existing is roughly the same as sleeping - off you go and 8 hours had passed and you have no idea how. It's okay. I think that it is kinda pointless to mourn something that ultimately happens to all of us one day.

>what are some steps I can take to get over this?

How long has it been since your father died ? I think that you should just wait, it will go away on its own.
>>
File: how to be happy.png (103KB, 540x396px) Image search: [Google]
how to be happy.png
103KB, 540x396px
>>18681552
Apply positive nihilism on yourself.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MBRqu0YOH14
>>
>>18681578
I was 12 years old.. he was 38 when he died.. 2004... so 13 years ago.
>>
>>18681578
This is how I feel as well.

OP, our society does people a great disservice by treating death as some horrific event. And it can be, but it doesn't have to be. We will all die, it's an inevitability. Just as being born happens, we will all die. And that's okay. Whatever happens after death, it really doesn't matter because we are here now. I know for a fact that if your father loved you, he'd want you to be happy. It's okay to say goodbye to people. My father died this year and in complete honesty I've spent about 10 minutes total since his death being sad about it. After about 30 seconds of sadness, I make the choice to remember something he taught me, a day or a time we sat on the porch together, or a time we were out in the garden, and I just smile. I'm so glad I new him, and I'm so lucky he was in my life that I couldn't possibly be sad. Wallowing in grief is doing yourself a great disservice. The sooner you realize that the sooner you can be happy.
>>
>>18681581
This is true but ultimately unhelpful to someone who has no idea that emotional states are literally a choice. OP, look into meditation. That can be a good starting point. Google how to induce positive emotion in yourself and you can literally be happy 98% of the time with some practice.
>>
>>18681581
"This might be it for us"

That really grabbed me.
>>
>>18681591
Something weird and terrible happened to my memories of him after he died. All of the happy moments we shared together somehow vanished and I could only remember the bad times. Those memories were the only memories that stuck. I try to put myself inside of happy memories but can't remember any. It's sort of strange and cruel.

You're quite strong and wish you the best.
>>
>>18681586
damn that's some long time man

Go see a psychiatrist about this, consult him/her on how to cope with this.
>>
>>18681561
sounds like adulthood.

>>18681581
this, the shock of a godless indifferent uncaring universe fades. No one cares, no one ma understand, your actions and struggles are inconsequential, but in the end none of it really matters.
You're still alive.

+1 Nietzsche - Be master of your own destiny OP, this shit can't break you. You put faith in god and got fucked. You don't owe god shit.

Something personally that's helped me get over trauma is writing, write about it, reframe it to yourself. When you write it down sometimes it helps to reframe it to yourself and realize that you are past it, and come out on the other side.

Own it OP. God is dead.
>>
>>18681616
>Own it OP. God is dead.

*not OP*

Based on my theories of how bible may apply to reality it may not be true, but on the other hand I highly doubt that there is an invisible old man behind my shoulder as I write this.

The theory about more dimensions than we live in, for example.

What if god is just a casual being in the fourth dimension and he sees us the same as we see squares on 2 dimensional surfaces ? Watch this, NGT explains how 4th dimension may look like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-68SwgVrhs *from 1:45*
>>
>>18681625
if there's a god he's witnessed 4 billion years of death. Whatever anthropomorphized conception of what god is, is wrong.

there's lots of other ways you can look at god, as a historical literary figure, as a sociological abstraction, as a manifestation of human cognition.

Really, I just think of god as a way of positing generalized philosophical questions.
>>
>>18681635
I look at god in the sense "it is what it is", but people generally tend to have false hopes in the name of god and I see this as a serious problem. I have met a lot of hardcore christians that find an excuse for whatever shit that happens to them. They get lucky ? "god has blessed me" Unlucky - "god is testing me"

>"testing me"

kek

This is the biggest retardation on top of it all - he either cares, or does not care about humans and there is no in-between. Or maybe he does not exist, who knows.
>>
>>18681644
The whole "being tested" shit enrages me.

>>18681625
One day Indians will become smart enough to create a hypercube with CGI. Lol
>>
>>18681616
>writing it

Never thought of that.

>Don't owe god shit.

Precisely. But I still feel a need to "get back" at him, lol
>>
>>18681644
People who subscribe to theology have issues with contradiction.

I have no problem conceptualizing something as caring and uncaring, existing and imaginary simultaneously.

If you're looking for proof, you'll never find it, and that won't confirm or refute anything.

embrace the nihilism. reality is sets of coexisting contradictory states.
>>
I am sorry you feel this way OP.
I recommend seeing a therapist or a counsellor. Also learn more about the world including various things related to life and death.

I read something about the dragonflies. How they are born in water but then fly away never to return. Those still in the water think the ones who left have died but they havent. Those who fly away want to tell their loved ones that they are not dead, they are just in a different world but they have no way of communicating it to them. Get it?
>>
>>18681672
#vaguelyreligiousmetaphors

this is precisely the reason people buy into religion, because we're uncomfortable with the idea of people dying and just being dead, only existing in our memory. It just seems easier to imagine them prancing in some Andalusian field.

You don't need it OP, he's not suffering anymore. People die all the time, death is not that bad, its just the end of life.
>>
File: f22.gif (339KB, 84x84px) Image search: [Google]
f22.gif
339KB, 84x84px
>>18681685
>death is not that bad, its just the end of life.
>end of life

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Praise be lurd Gesus no die pls
>>
>>18681706
Christianity summed up.
>>
>>18681685
I am an atheist. I dont believe in god or organized religion. I do believe that there are things i dont understand. Let me try to explain:
An ant born in Sahara desert lives all ots life without ever coming across a human until one day a guy walks past the ant. To that ant this human is a giant being. Someone who is moving in slow motion taking giant steps. The man was lost. He jadnt seen anyone for days. He noticed the tiny ant and just for lulz staryed talking to it. Explained his situation to the ant. Told him how he was looking for a gps signal on his phone. He told the ant what a phone was and how a phone woked because of silicon, the same element that all the sand is made of. The ant did not understand anything. He wasnt capable of understanding. The giant strange being was what we call a god for him.
That been said, I also remind myself that i am a universe of atoms, and just an atom in universe. A mixture of chemical compounds and will return to being disintegrated once i die. All that matters is what i do when i am alive. I hope i am happy formore than 50% of my time alive or else whats the point!
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.