[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

College degree or not?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: 1499227354763.jpg (34KB, 450x412px) Image search: [Google]
1499227354763.jpg
34KB, 450x412px
Wasnt sure if this was the best board to post to, first time on this board, didnt see anything related in the catalog. Pic Unrelated.

I keep hearing people saying you dont need a degree to get a decent job anymore.Usually this is advice from people WITH degrees already and established somewhere, which makes me questions the validity of their advice.

Ive been working for a couple tech companies for about a year and half and was making decent money before being laid off due their financial issues. Ive been applying to help desk jobs and Jr. Systems admin positions and cant seem to get any bites..considering finishing my degree in information systems. should I or shouldnt I? FYI: I live in Los Angeles if that changes anything.

TLDR; Are B.S. still worth getting in 2017? Are they still needed? Are certain field easier to get into that others without degrees?
>>
>>18679915
If you're already in the shit and see the finish line you're pretty much already gonna complete it. Don't take up valuable front page space please.

sage btw
>>
>>18679921
lol
>>
File: 1501566352888.gif (2MB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1501566352888.gif
2MB, 450x450px
>>18679915
Anyone else?. Preferably not someone with actual advice other than "get off the front page" ?

And to clarify, finishing my degree would mean me having to go back to schoool after a 5 year absence.
>>
File: 1501479757877.jpg (404KB, 1536x1409px) Image search: [Google]
1501479757877.jpg
404KB, 1536x1409px
>>18679915
>>
Look at it this way anon, if you dont get a degree and the future ends up becoming a highly competitive ultracaptitalist society, you are fucked. Conversely, if you do get one and you end up not needing one to get by, you can climb higher even just a tiny bit than high school grads.

Times are changing fast with AI taking over jobs and the American zeitgeist falling etc, no one really knows what's gonna happen. Play it safe and get a 4-yesr degree at least.
>>
>>18680872
ok. makes sense. Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>18680872
Good soul.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.