[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Damaging my garden, what do?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 2017-09-01 18.47.55.jpg (3MB, 2981x1676px) Image search: [Google]
2017-09-01 18.47.55.jpg
3MB, 2981x1676px
I thought it was a rabbit destroying my garden but it's this guy instead. But everywhere I read on the Internet says to not kill the fucker. What do?
>>
>>18679854
Relocate the fucker
>>
File: 1372672232120.png (96KB, 332x333px) Image search: [Google]
1372672232120.png
96KB, 332x333px
I don't want it to become some other dudes problem by raiding their garden tho.
>>
Please don't hurt him.
>>
ruger to the noggin the end case closed
>>
>>18680004
drive somewhere rural then? Its not hard
>>
>>18679854

1. Congratulations, you trapped a nuisance animal.
2. In many states, it is actually illegal to relocate and release certain species when trapped. Raccoons, possums, etc. That's because they are nuisance animals.
3. If you call animal control, for that particular animal, it's going to get euthanized.
4. Good lesson on people needing to be prepared before trapping animals.
5. Rifle or shotgun to the back of the ear should kill it humanely in one shot. Don't be one of the hillbilly dicks that throws the cage in the water and pulls it out a few minutes later.

>>18680009
>>18680012
>>18679905

I've lived on farms my whole life. This is a necessary and tragic part of living off the land. Ideally OP will dispatch this critter and then recycle it, though it is hard for most people to recycle possum. But it does taste pretty good if cooked right and sometimes the fur is usable.

PS: OP, it's usually not rabbits. It's usually raccoons or the little fuckers you captured.
>>
File: 407831.jpg (31KB, 500x486px) Image search: [Google]
407831.jpg
31KB, 500x486px
>>18680010

I got a pellet rifle I can shoot in town. But anything more I can't use legally.

But if I drive someplace rural, where should I drop him off at? Some place woodsy or fieldy?
>>
>>18680038

That's some straight dick Anon. Thanks, I was prepared for a coon or a rabbit. But this possum caught me off guard.
>>
>>18680040

A powerful .22 pellet rifle might do the job, but anything else and you're just going to piss him off, and that's unfair to both you and him.

You could get away with a .22 rifle, subsonics, do it in your house. Get some plastic sheeting to go around the cage before doing it, or else you'll have a mess. For added protection do it in the basement (if you have one) or put a couple of old books/something down to act as a backstop. Shouldn't be necessary with subsonic going into the skull of a critter like that, but let's be prepared.

Or take it out to the country and shoot it, but releasing it as I said is illegal in many areas and honestly it's just as torturous for the animal. It's never been in that area and hard truth is that another critter or a car or something will pick it off because it's not in the natural environment.

If you have to, just call animal control, but they're going to kill the fucker.
>>
>>18680049

Gotcha, I have a .22lr rifle too. Are they that thick skulled? If so would it be advisable to drive out to the country and just off it with my 9mm instead? I will handle the remains and mess accordingly.
>>
If you're dead set on killing it, call animal control. They can probably euthanize it more humanely. I work at a wildlife rehab place and they mix up this gas they inhale to where they pass out and then die. Sounds better than a bullet that might not hit the vital parts.
>>
>>18679854
You can always just do what this guy suggests
>>18680038

Simply drown it for no mess, no gunshot in populated area and easy clean up
>>
>>18680066

Small critters generally have thick skulls. But behind the ear or behind the neck typically work well, even with a .22.

To put it in prospective: There was a raccoon in my yard once in the process of trying to kill a chicken. I shot it damn near point black with .410 buckshot. Lower jaw completely missing, It ran after me in my yard hissing trying to bite me and here is my fat ass running around trying to reload a single shot .410 trying to shoot it again. Took three shots. It's something you have to account for, but easier to do this humanely if the animal is in a cage. Give it a little bit of food, get behind it, and dispatch it.

>>18680072

Can be a pain in the ass, especially in smaller towns. Gas is CO2, which will also work, but by the time OP sets up a chamber to do it correctly he could have just shot it.
>>
>>18680072

Except they're closed for the day and this guy needs food and water or immediately dealt with.

>>18680081

I couldn't imagine putting another life through something like that. I might be a an asshole, but I'm not into torturing or suffering.
>>
>>18680097

I've dispatched hundreds of said critters over the years, but I'll admit that every time I have to do one of these cage jobs I will tear up some. No fun in it but it's gotta be done, and no reason making it sit in a cage all night without provisions and scared.

And with animal control, it'll probably sit in a cage for a few more days until someone is assed enough to put it down.
>>
>>18680097
My momma always used to say
>It's not torture if you are killing them
It does effect the taste though so be careful
>>
>>18680094

Yeah the gas thing sounds humane, but that's just a pain in the ass to set up properly. The city limit is only 5 miles up the road.

It's in the cage, I got some ground cherries to feed it while I dispatch it with my 9mm.
>>
>>18680110

Good man OP. Remember, aim for the soft area. Front of skull is hard as fuck. Might not kill it but also might ricochet and hit your ass instead. Have seen a .223 bounce straight off an armadillo before.
>>
>>18680105

I hesitate with chipmunks in a cage, but I follow through. Idk, I have no problems shooting game. But the fish in the Barrel thing irks me each time. You're right, I guess the worst thing is I was expecting a rabbit or something like that. Just not a possum.
>>
>>18680115

Thanks Anon, you too.

Those armadillos have leprosy, Nasty critters.
>>
If anyone cares to know. I just got back from handling the situation. I ended up using my 9mm and used a HP Gold Dots for good measure at a buddy's home out in the country. It's remains are properly disposed of (buried) and I did have some tears well up in my eye before I pulled the trigger.
>>
>>18679854
you have two options,Relocate or kill there is sadly nothing in-between... If you relocate it has to be 4 or more miles away or it will come back shortly.. same things go for squirrels raccoons and skinks
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.