[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Identity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: 1403447622403.jpg (18KB, 374x452px) Image search: [Google]
1403447622403.jpg
18KB, 374x452px
>Mixed-raced
>Mexican man at job immediately slaps the title of "Mexican" on me
>Demands I speak Spanish
>Clarify that I speak English, and he settles down
>Start to feel a deep, irrational hatred toward him
>Feel like I could pull out a knife and stab him to death in my brain every time I see him
>Brimming hatred toward Hispanic culture as I have nothing to do with it

I don't know why I feel this way, and I'm not going to go a psychologist as I'm not going to do anything, but I'm curious as to how it relates to identity. I think it might be because I value myself and my sense of self so much that I bear any exterior force that threatens it with condemnation.

I don't hate Mestizos, etc, but I can't help but feel immense anger that I'm being wrongly attributed to their culture.

Does anybody have any understanding about psychology that can help?

I don't like to hate other human beings or cultures even if it's for a silly reason like that.

I was working at Lowes, and the racial attribution got so bad that I got a DNA test and found I'm 73% European, 15% Negroid, and 10% Ameri-indian. My body started shaking, and I went and took a shower. I started smiling and my body quaked because of how incorrect other human beings had been when branding me. 15% Negroid is virtually impossible to observe on Whites.

The entirety of my life, I've felt unique from all other races due to being mixed, and when that's threatened, I feel a deep anger at other human beings.
>>
>>18679330
>The entirety of my life, I've felt unique from all other races due to being mixed, and when that's threatened, I feel a deep anger at other human beings.

How about you start being proud of what you have personally accomplished rather than things you had no hand in.

This thread is silly OP grow a thicker skin and quit worrying about dumb shit you stupid nigger.
>>
File: f22.gif (339KB, 84x84px) Image search: [Google]
f22.gif
339KB, 84x84px
>>18679333
>nigger

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>18679333
>Grow a thicker skin

This is something that started when my skin was at its thinnest, and it's now under it.

You've no real understanding, and you can't possibly know.
>>
>>18679338

You speak like a stereotypical manchild-like cunt.
Your emotions are considerably retarded, are you sure that you are an adult on the inside ? Really, a random guy considers you a Mexican and you go bat-shit lol
>>
That's some weird shit, but just remind yourself that other human beings don't intend to hurt you.
>>
>>18679330
>only 15% Negroid
>"Heh...I'm mixed race..."
Yeah, fuck off, cunt. You're white as snow.
>>
>>18679353
>a random guy considers you a Mexican and you go bat-shit lol

Imagine living in one area the entirety of your life, and suddenly, everyone is proclaiming you're of an entirely different cultural background that you've no connection to.

I don't think you can really understand how that feels.

Despite my best attempts to logically say "It's ok" I mentally fly off the handle, but I don't reveal it. There's nothing else in the world that can get me like this.
>>
File: 1503895202998.jpg (29KB, 499x500px) Image search: [Google]
1503895202998.jpg
29KB, 499x500px
>>18679368
I'm Nigerian but very light-skinned, and sometimes people don't even realize that I'm African, and assume I'm mixed race.
It doesn't matter. You should try and see a therapist or something for these anger issues. They're not normal.
>>
>>18679368
You're just a weird person with even weirder trigger causes.

>I don't think you can really understand how that feels.

I would feel literally "muh ppl you're retarded" and move on
>>
>>18679377
Yet being mixed-raced isn't a culture in and of itself with its own unique language, etc.

It's not like there's a populace of Chinese people burdening you with the expectation of speaking Chinese despite your heritage, but there are such people where I live, and I'm expected to crush myself to appease them.

I think I'd rather shoot myself than ever speak Spanish fluently for the sake of others.
>>
>racemixing
>not even once

You should check out r/hapas. Holy fuck is that a ticking time bomb.
>>
>>18679385
>this shit coming from the race that produced Jeffrey Dahmer, Albert Fish, Ted Bundy, Dylann Roof, etc
>>
>>18679383
>I would feel "x"
>I would feel "y"
>I know everything about you despite never stepping into your shoes

Get out of here

If anyone is stunted, it's you
>>
>>18679386
Jesus grow the fuck up.

People will expect x and y for z reason. Doesn't mean you should fucking boo hoo every time it happens. So you can either quit crying about it or keep playing victim. Life isn't fair. Get over it.
>>
>>18679455
>Life isn't fair
>Buckle to other people

I'd rather open my eyes so they're not mistakable for Amerindian and keep my skin looking relatively light. I'd rather be racially ambiguous and cause confusion for others.

Go to hell, my friend
>>
>>18679407
No, I don't know all about you nor am I planning to learn you egocentric faggot

If it wasn't clear I'll say it again: your behavior is not normal and you should consider paying a visit to your local psychiatrist.
>>
>>18679470
I probably should, but my situation isn't exactly normal either.
>>
>>18679469
I'm not telling you to buckle moron and what the fuck are you even talking about?

Be your own person instead of being so attached to something you fell into (race.) I'm fucking bald but I don't cry about it when someone makes a joke.

Learning to laugh at yourself and roll with the punches is what makes people like you. Getting offended at the drop of a hat makes you a cunt. I'm not saying let people walk over you by any means. Just quit being a cunt.
>>
>>18679475
It is "normal" in terms of how unexpectable, complicated and hard life can be. You should train yourself not to trigger because of trivial stuff like a pesky Mexican. There are other things you should be worried about.
>>
>>18679483
>Drop of a hat

It's more than "Oh you're an idiot, etc"
It's a part of me that I can't control that's been a part of me since I first came into this world.

If I were to go bald, I would be able to laugh about it as it wouldn't define me from birth.

It's like calling a black man a nigger, but saying it in the cruelest way possible.
>>
>>18679498
It is some kind of a disorder, I've read about it somewhere but I can't remember it's name. Really, go see a psychiatrist and talk about it. It's not a shameful thing to do. He will probably tell you how to cope with it properly when it happens the next time and au revoir.
>>
>>18679511
Tell me if you come up with the name.

I, personally, believe I'm mentally healthy as my sister feels the same way, and it's hard to believe the odds of such a thing occurring.
>>
>>18679517
Hey, nobody is perfect. I actually did have similar occurrences when I was a child but I think I've grown out of it. It's not like you're a psycho with dementia, this is just a minor issue.
>>
op, you really just need to grow thicker skin and not let small things like this get the better of you. I'm Taiwanese/Chinese mix, but people have called me Japanese, Korean, even viet. IDGAF and neither should you.
>>
>>18679889
Hmmmm

I think you're right then, and I'll listen to what you have to say.

How do I go about growing thicker skin though?
>>
>>18680522
Nvm, wiki-how helped me out.

This is just some weird shit that I need to find a way to get over.

Logical deduction of "They just think I'm a Mexican because I'm brown and don't talk a lot" doesn't help calm me down.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.