[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some positive things you appreciate in your life?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 9

File: 623.jpg (37KB, 823x463px) Image search: [Google]
623.jpg
37KB, 823x463px
I'll start
>I like that I'm smarter than most people
>>
There's not much point in self-obsessing, especially on an anonymous image board. You sound like a person with anxiety.
>>
>>18679013

i'm pretty good at cooking, i have a good taste in music
>>
>>18679013
I've slept with over 50 women and have half of those have been my friends gf's.
>>
>>18679026
>t. jealous brainlet

>>18679013
Nice OP. That's one thing I got going for me as well. Remember though, don't waste your intelligence. Log off the chans, and read a book every once in a while
>>
>>18679034

you aint got to lie, craig, you aint gotta lie
>>
I have a much better financial support system than most people. I at least live in comfort knowing no matter what happens to me, if all I need is money, my parents will always bail me out. I may get a verbal thrashin, I may be expected to pay them back, but I will physically get the funds one way or another.

Being a college student I know I have it far better than most my peers. I'm getting my degree 100% debt free, and I really do appreciate my luck in having parents who are well off and love me.
This seems like such a weird/minor thing to appreciate but it was the only thing I could really think of thats positive in my life. Finances are a much lower concern to me than most people.
>>
>>18679038
You are have some insecurities, you perceive my statement as a person attack on you.

P.S. A smart man doesn't need to tell others that he is smart.
>>
>I have a lot of great friends all over the world who let me stay with them when I travel
>I have a great job that lets me take time off when I want
>my parents set me up for success, I own my house and paid for my realistic dream car in cash
>I'm pretty handsome and popular on social media
>money will likely never be a problem for me
>I excel at my hobbies
My life is awesome but I'm still not happy
>>
>>18679062
>smart person doesn't need to tell others he is smart
Yes he does brainlet. Low IQs like you don't have the intelligence to determine who is smart and who is stupid, so high IQs like OP have to spell it for you outright
>>
>>18679026
OP here, just want a positive thread going
>>18679034
cool
>>18679038
Trying not to!
>>18679051
jealous
>>
>>18679066
why aren't you happy desu?
>>
>>18679067
Is it a high IQ thing to come up with completely baseless assumptions for anonymous strangers as well?
>>
I'm so confident that I can get away with almost anything. You'd be surprised how easily people let you do whatever you want if you seem that you know what you're doing and that you should be doing it. I also have a great memory and I'm reasonably intelligent, so I don't have to study to get straight A's.
>>
>>18679079
Not sure, but I think happiness is a moving target, like our brains have evolved to always have a sense of dissatisfaction to motivate us to improve our situation. There are billionaires and celebrities who seem to have it all but are ultimately unhappy.
>>
>>18679069
I can respect wanting to get some positive vibes going, people are too negative
>>
My family, being healthy, knowing there are good people in the world, my PC and internet, having a roof above my head.
>>
I have a Gateway desktop and a widescreen television I got for $70 at a thrift store (thank you Macklemore)

father is not a good father but is a good bro
>>
>>18679079
happiness comes from within, not from external sources, you will find yourself afflicted with eternal want if you seek happiness from the environment
>>
>>18679013
That I just recently graduated college and had a good job lined up a week later. Not looking forward to moving but whatever.
>>
>>18679081
Ironic statement, considering in your first post you baselessly suggested OP had anxiety. If you can't understand this statement, here is one that may be more appealing to you: GO SPORTS AND BEER! WOO, MY FAVORITE TEAM IS WINNING! THIS MEANS I SHOULD BE HAPPY, WOO!
>>
I at least try to help the people around me. I can make most peolple laugh. I am okay at coming up with concepts for things (games, movies, stoies. I am good at starting stuff just not finishing. Also I have A so that is good. Even if he is far away
>>
>>18679112
The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
While he sits by his hearth at home
Quickly finds when questioned by others
That he knows nothing at all
>>
>>18679148
>sits at home
>questioned by others
Doesn't seem logically likely lad. You would have understood this if your IQ was triple digits
>>
>>18679178
if you can't see the lesson here then that's on you, not me
>>
>I'm doing a great PhD that impresses people when I tell them about it
>I have an amazing partner and dog (separate, not the same)
>I am improving my strength and proud of the work I've done so far
>>
>i have got my own flat at eighteen with luxury shit, my parents are sort of wealthy
>i visit therapy to get over my anxiety and it seem to work

>>18679034
Teach me, senpai.
>>
>>18679084
how do you do that? My boyfriend can do that, he says he has 'the face'.
>>18679100
>being healthy Literally the most important thing of all
>>18679142
you're a good person desu
>>18679185
way to go anon
>>
>>18679199
Way to go to you too. It's great seeing this kind of positivity on 4chan for once!
>>
File: 610wH+PzYrL._SL1400_.jpg (90KB, 1317x1400px) Image search: [Google]
610wH+PzYrL._SL1400_.jpg
90KB, 1317x1400px
>>18679013
Reminder that everyone thinks their smarter than most and you are most likely slightly above or below the median dispite what you may tell yourself.
>>
>>18679222
>dispite
>>
>>18679222
Any sources for this
>>
>>18679026
>>18679222
Can't have positive threads because people want to put people down to make themselves look good.
What if they are as intelligent as they say? They can't do shit with it if they think they have no value.
>>
>>18679232
The concept is established enough that it has its own wiki page. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illusory_superiority

Of course, some people ARE intelligent, despite that.
>>
I have a beautiful supporting family and girlfriend, Im currently studying the thing I love and Im beating anxiety and depression so right know Im healthier and happy.

My family is kind of wealthy so all of us can concentrate in doing other things to nurture our brains and souls because money is not a big problem and its all because of the hard work of my parents.

Both lawyers and they are one of the best ones and Im so fucking proud of them that it makes me weep.

I have a long road ahead of me still but I know that if I do things right everything is gonna be okay.
>>
>>18679237
I would like to add that I just find this phenomena interesting and I'm not >>18679222

Personally I think it doesn't really matter, but valuing yourself in a way that makes you productive, competitive and become the best person you can be is great. Who cares if it's true or not.
>>
>>18679242
I've noticed a trend in this thread, the happiest people are wealthy
>>
>>18679250
If it makes you feel better, I'm >>18679185 and I'm only wealthy enough to afford rent/food/bills. Though I guess these days that counts as wealthy.
>>
File: 1504203416929.png (103KB, 540x396px) Image search: [Google]
1504203416929.png
103KB, 540x396px
>>18679066
>>
>>18679250
Its a very sad, sad reality my friend.
>>
Honestly I love that I have basically zero negative emotions. People don't tend to understand it (I've been erroneously accused of being mentally ill or even a serial killer by roommates in the past because I'm so independent), but it makes my life so much simpler. I never have to worry about all the irrelevant crap people cry about on facebook and on here. I can live a frugal, singular life by myself, and never think about being lonely or anything like that. And I can focus on my career and educational goals instead of feeling a need for a partner or family.
>>
>>18679263
sounds like you have found nirvana
>>
I have not once given up after being beaten at something over and over again, and if I was interested in said activity I've almost always beaten my rivals at a later date.
>>
>>18679260
Thanks, man.
>>
>>18679026
Being smart isnt so great to be honest, I wish I was easily amused by stuff like rick and morty
>>
>>18679319
I just fucking love Rick and Morty, in the way that I fucking love science. It's so random and cool - it's like the show was designed for us Redditors, see? My mom says I have an unhealthy obsession with the show, but she just doesn't understand how funny it. I wish I could live in the Rick and Morty world and be their friends. Everything would be really and cool and funny if I did. Rick and Morty are so funny and I'm so awesome that it would make perfect sense, but it'd be even better if Bernie Sanders appeared. It'd be so awesome I'd turn up the TV in the common room of my dorm up all the way so everyone could hear the greatness of Bernie Sanders, Ron Paul, bacon, weed, atheism, The Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, Sweden, Bill Nye, 90s cartoons, cats, and fucking loving science.
I run the Rick and Morty Club at my school - we come together, browse Reddit, make some Deadpool memes and watch Rick and Morty. We don't talk to each other but there's a cute girl there I'm gonna try and ask out. I'm a nice guy and I dress well (fedora + trench coat + brown-stained underwear + well-trimmed beard lightly seasoned with dust and corn syrup) so I just know I've got a good chance with her. I've already messaged her on Facebook, I just haven't got a response yet.
>>
>>18679263
I have this to a degree too, its amazing. I have my life plan basically sorted out with multiple options along the way and am completely comfortable
>>
>>18679263
any ideas in helping someone to find his carreer/eduactional goals when the person just can't find it out
>>
>>18679263
I used to be like this...until I started dating an incredibly sensitive man who takes offence at my passiveness
>>
The only thing that I really have going for me is my dick size.
>>
>>18679449
how big is it anon?
>>
>>18679457
A little more than 8 inches in length and about 6 inches in girth.
>>
>>18679013
I have a family and friends (although few) who support me if necessary.
I have one hell of a brother to whom, even in spite of his short comings, I look up to since I was a kid. The guy ain't perfect, everyone has their flaws, I'm just glad to have him around and that he's my brother. He can be a huge life motivator sometimes without even realizing it and I still have a lot to learn from him. I love him very much.
>>
>>18679332
Hahaha that was spot on chap
>>
>>18679488
Aww that's so sweet. I wish I had a supportive sibling like you do. My siblings are very distant and judgy
>>
>Good looking
>Well Groomed
>Intelligent
>Witty
>Funny
>Fun to be around
>Mix easily with people and it requires little effort for them to like me
>Big dick
>Well groomed
>Dress well
>Fun job
>Loving family

The only negatives in my life is I have no true friends, I wish I kept in contact with my old school friends but I was going through some shit and basically ghosted them.
Now they are off doing shit together without me and I can only look on.
The other thing is I am a 23 year old virgin, I am desirable to women but for whatever reason I act like a sperg around women I like, I hide my true self which is the self they would probably like.
>>
>>18679876
What's the point in having a big dick if you don't use it
>>
>>18679899
It is nice to look at but you're right, the thing is useless to me at the moment besides pissing and jerking off.
Having a big dick isn't all that great, it ruined my chances at losing my virginity.
I was in bed with a girl and I whipped it out, I could see the fear in her eyes and she said it would not fit and just blew me.
>>
>>18679013
Im starting to appreciate that I look young. Im 31, and people often think Im 18-22. I hated looking young..when I was young. lol

I think thats it actually...
>>
I have a gf
>>
>>18679013
>very loving, rich gf
>got to meet a lot of wise people
>got to educate myself a lot
>still chillin'
>I look okay
>extroverted, easy to make aquaintences
>can always manage to atleast come across self-confident
>funny for many people.

negatives are prolly my deep depressions i fall into for an entire week every other month and that my family is fucked up with my father dying.
>>
>>18679609
Sucks anon. That's a really weird concept for me. I grew up always very close to my siblings, so whenever I hear of people in your position (or worse) it just boggles my mind, I can't grasp how it must feel.
>>
File: Sad egg.png (38KB, 197x250px) Image search: [Google]
Sad egg.png
38KB, 197x250px
I don't know
>>
>>18679013
OP, but you aren't smarter than most people, especially if you are a male. On average males over shoot their intellect by a large margin and also, almost everyone in the world is of average intelligence. Furthermore, thinking you are smarter than most people and that you like that about yourself, kind of shows that you have an ego issue and compare yourself to others.
>>
>amazing relationship
>job that makes me happy
>have cool experiences and stories
>close to family
>achieving my goal in life
>gotten through depression
>kind, empathetic, helpful, intelligent, creative, attractive, interesting, and a good person
I'm just happy and it's great
>>
Outgrew 99% of my spic family, a nice 6'2.
>>
>>18679013
Ok, I'll give it a try.
>I'm better than most people I know at art, and I never took an art class outside of highschool
>I'm good at running RPGs and telling stories
>I know how to take, edit, and produce video
>Same with audio
>I do have a good group of friends despite growing up in a tough city.

It's funny, as I'm typing this I have a little voice in my head saying:
>Yeah, but...yeah, but...yeah, but...

Is that normal?
>>
>>18680340
H-how did you get such an amazing lover?
>>
>Decent job that will carry me my entire life if I play my cards right.
>Good personality
>I think I'm hilarious
>Decent looking
>Very lucky to live where I do and have so much free time to trifle around with hobbies.

As for the intelligence question - I've been told I'm intelligent my whole life but at 26 I am in the same situation as 18 yr olds fresh out of high school. I may notice more and have more "awareness" of some type but if I was really that intelligent, I think I'd be a little better off than I am right now. Also, I wouldn't struggle with the inane and stupid shit I do struggle with. Intelligence is very nuanced, book smart people like that Google memo guy are completely oblivious as to how to act like a normal human around others and if you ask me, that makes you pretty retarded.
>>
>>18680366
what job?
>>
File: Sother Heritage.jpg (275KB, 736x1104px) Image search: [Google]
Sother Heritage.jpg
275KB, 736x1104px
I like that I'm gay, women make great friends but are just too much trouble to be constant companions.

I like that I'm white.

I like that I have a college education.

I like that I come from an upper class family.

I like that I come from the south and thus have better manners than many of our northern neighbors.

I am proud to be of southern heritage and stock, my family fought for the confederacy, and I am proud to have direct descent to one of the Roman Emperors.
>>
>>18680367
Military.
>>
>>18680354
We met in high school, and we went to a mutual friend's party. I'm an autistic fuck, so I sat at a table by myself while everybody else danced. He saw me being my usual awkward self and sat down and talked to me. He never left my side the entire night. It's hilarious because I was in a very stubborn phase of "Love isn't real, all relationships are stupid and pointless endeavors that inevitably lead to fighting and heartbreak. Best to just leave emotions on the backburner and keep things at friends with benefits". But the more we hung out, the more I liked him, and the more I liked him the more vulnerable and open I got, and the more it scared me and made me want to run but I couldn't. He ended up moving 6 hours away after that, and we've been LDR since, but I'm not going to throw away what we have just because I can't drive to his house whenever I want to fuck him.
>>
>>18679013
I like that I have money, a car, a good roommate, and good health. My job can be stressful and it is never predictable, but at least it is paying the bills and is more or less enjoyable. I could easily quit and find another job if I was that upset by it.

Overall, I guess I am just grateful I have options. I can chose a different trajectory in the worst case scenario.
>>
>>18679013
I appreciate that I had a great upbringing, leaving me mentally stable in a world where many people aren't so lucky. Hats off to my family because I'm very thankful.
>>
>>18679013
I live a life that is probably more stable, peaceful, and informed (I guess this isn't always a necessarily positive thing) than the vast majority of people living or dead. I enjoy things that would be mind-blowing to people just a few generations behind me.
Basically the problems I face would seem like little out of the ordinary, but the positives of my life would seem incredibly amazing.
>>
>My father doesn't charge me rent
>I live in a first world country.
>>
>>18679013
I got a full ride to my dream college on an academic scholarship. For the past 2 years, my meals and living expenses are 99% paid for, as well as my education and training for my future job. Plus, I still have time for vidya.

[spoiler] If only I had some friends I could talk to...[/spoiler]
>>
>>18680602
teach me senpai
>>
>>18679013
I like the fact that I've never had a yeast infection. I must have a strong vagina.

Took me a while to think of one.
>>
>>18681263
a yeast infection isn't that bad lmao
It's sad if that's the only positive thing you could think about your life
>>
File: 1502582878235.png (460KB, 400x527px) Image search: [Google]
1502582878235.png
460KB, 400x527px
>>18681267
I don't care. Don't take this away from me. My vagina is strong and resiliant to infection.
>>
>>18681276
My vagina is strong too desu
but a yeast infection is no biggie
It's not even a health problem
>>
File: 1501742301488.png (142KB, 686x441px) Image search: [Google]
1501742301488.png
142KB, 686x441px
>>18681290
I found ONE good thing! And you had to tear it away from me! What's wrong with you? Why would you do this to me?
>>
I appreciate how mentally resilient I am. I have one of the most fucked up family situations I know and yet I grew up to be a confident, success-oriented person in a happy relationship with the love of my life. I also cut my parents off without any signs of guilt. Yay me.
>>
>>18681460
I've noticed that people who have fucked up families tend to be more confident.
>>
Every girl I meet says I'm funny, I guess that's something to be proud of. Maybe.
>>
>>18681638
It really depends. My sister who was treated the same is a wreck with severe self-worth issues. I've noticed that usually it's one of the two extremes: either you overcompensate with an overblown ego or you go in the opposite direction and act like a doormat. I lucked out in the sense that I was more predisposed to be extremely confident.
>>
>>18681648
Can confirm
>>
>>18681642
That's a great thing. Many spergs here have difficulty even approaching women, you can make them laugh!
>>18680128
It has to do with parenting anon.
>>18680331
I'm not a male anon. I don't have an ego issue, I just notice I fare better on the intellectual spectrum than most people.
>>18680349
Use your skills productively anon
>>18680391
How did your southern relatives react to your gayness anon?
>>
>>18679013
I'm in a healthy relationship, I'm reasonably intelligent, I'm emotionally stable, I've become comfortable with my benign level of crazy, I have a lot to be proud and happy for.
>>
I like to think I'm at peace with my own mortality. I've learned to live in spite of the voice in my head telling me to kill myself everyday.
>>
File: 1502094990930.jpg (95KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1502094990930.jpg
95KB, 1280x720px
I understand that there is always a solution and that no ones opinion matters
>>
>>18679142
Literally me. Brofist
>>
I know my priorities, I'm emotionally independent. I have a few best friends, one of whom, whom I've known since kindergarten, recently told me that he sees at least a spark of genius in me. I think I have good taste and reasonably good looks. I live in a first-world country. I think I know philosophy and I have a multi-faceted personality, but that's not always easily separable from moodiness.
>>
>>18679013
I get home cooked meals everyday and most of my friends don't, pretty grateful for that desu
>>
1. My little girl.

That's pretty much it. She's the reason I wake up, reason I work, reason I take care of myself and handle my business like a responsible adult. Everything I do is for her, if it weren't for her I'd have already killed myself.
>>
>>18679013
I like my mom and dad. And my dog. I also like my hobbies.
>>
Developing hobbies has made me happier and feel like I'm worth something.
Thread posts: 99
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.