[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck do I talk to women? None of them are interested

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

File: 1434509448233.png (1MB, 1065x791px) Image search: [Google]
1434509448233.png
1MB, 1065x791px
How the fuck do I talk to women? None of them are interested in my autistic hobbies and thats all I can talk about
>>
What are your autistic hobbies?
Unless it's something that comes with a lot of assumptions that scare the listener away before you get a chance - like some collection of very specific anime lovedolls, or whatever - your hobbies don't really matter. If you're really passionate about it, it should be fine if you talk about it in the right manner.
>>
>>18679004
mostly grand strategy games
>>
>>18679122
What's a grand strategy game? I've heard this term a couple of times, but have no idea what it refers to. I keep thinking chess?
>>
>>18679129
essentially, you stare at and paint virtual historical maps for hours on end
>>
>>18679149
Fuck lad, that sounds very autistic. Don't bring this up on a first date laf
>>
>>18679162
a decade on /v/ then /vg/ with little to no other social interaction means thats all I can comfortably talk about
>>
>>18679177
you need to find new hobbies to enjoy so you'll have something in common with other people, you aren't going to pull with that attitude
>>
>>18679202
>>18679004
>tfw your hobbies are speedtyping, running, rubix cube solving, and hacking

i'm never gonna make it ;-;
>>
>>18679122
>>18679149
>>18679177
You play CK2 and EU4 right? Maybe vicky? Talk about history, talk about culture. You should have picked up plenty of that shit while playing.
>>
>>18679219
But then I can only regurgitate KC memes
>>
>>18679122
That doesn't seem to bad, to be honest? I'm sure there are many interesting concepts to those games.

Maybe it all sounds very obvious, but I'm just going to share some observations regarding that matter:
You don't want to advertise your interest by listing the many "features" it has. Most people do that, they lose themselves in presenting fact #1, fact #2, fact #3, etc. - similar to those aimless discussions about which superhero could beat another superhero. There are all those facts that don't have much fertile ground outside of their field.
It sounds very vague, but others don't want to hear self-contained facts, but rather they way they function and connect. There are very general symbols and concepts everywhere. A good way to reach those in a conversation is to discard all the terms and lingo specific to the field and talk about them with everyday language. Another good way is to try and best capture your passionate feelings about the topic.
The best I can get out of people is a polite "Aha, wow, interesting" when I tell them I modified an external effects unit for a synthesizer to be able to control its filter cutoff, which is very useful. But if I talk about how exciting it was to drill the thing open, to be confronted with those - to me - otherworldly complicated circuits, slowly working it all out and doing shit with my own hands, people tend to be a little more engaged.
>>
>>18679315
Find me a girl that wants to hear about grand strategy games and I'll tell you you're lying
>>
>>18679412
I'm not sure where you want to go with this, as I've tried to elaborate that you should not talk about the games themselves, but rather how you feel about them.
>>
you do realise many very socially competent people dont have hobbies at all. you need to learn how to talk to people, which is essentially talking about nothing most of the time.
>>
Woman are the ultimate form of normie. Either get a regular hobby or suffer tfw no gf
>>
>>18678977
Stay in front of one and press A
>>
>>18678977
In this culture, the same way you talk to men. You're almost certainly overcomplicating things and just being nervous. Overcome yourself, OP.
>>
>>18679561
Not op, but men don't have tits and I rarely have conversations with men.
>>
>>18679149
>>18679208

Painting is cool. Anyone that can solve a rubix cube i'm hugely impressed with.

Granted i'm old ASF 32 yo woman..but hey, here's my opinion
>>
>>18679474
EHH.. I take offense to that. I fall for a guy and hobbies come later. Dated a car guy for 5 years.. I ended up having my own jumpsuit, lying in the driveway arranging his toolbox, and helping out with various car stuff. I loved him and he loved it so I became interested in it too.. have faith.
>>
>>18679208
Hey, hacking is pretty cool, I used to be really into that sort of thing, but I was shit so I kind of gave up. You'll find someone who liked the same things as you someday ^_^
>>
>>18680647
go eat a dick roastie
>>
>>18680647
I've noticed this phenomenon too. Most women don't have any hobbies except going out to eat and social media, but they readily adopt their boyfriends hobbies, abandoning them after breakup.
>>
>>18679004
>>18679122
>>18679129
>>18679149
>>18679162
hahahahahahahah

I played them myself and this is so true
>>
>>18678977

just transition to normie strategy games like Settlers of Catan and Civilization.

Bam! problem solved!
>>
Women like to talk about themselves and other people
In my experience when you talk about computers they always act bored, and when you suddenly mention "oh you know our common acquaintance did this and that" they LIGHT UP
If you say "oh I noticed you are wearing x and I like it" then they levitate in front of your eyes
>>
why not just brag about how awesome you are at it, and say that its for special people ie.normal retards cant comprehend it.
>>
>>18680647
cars are the normiest hobby there is you dumb bitch
>>
Are there any conventions for Paradox games? You would think with how cult it is there would be a gsgcon
>>
>>18682649
its not nearly popular enough for a con
>>
>>18678977
>Reference a meme or something related to their tinder to get their attention
>Ask them lots of questions about themselves
>???
>Profit
>>
>>18678977
The fuck is that on the floor? Blood?
>>
>>18678977
Simple find a female that has interest on gsg

that or work on your appearance (nerd hobbies doesn't matter if you're hot)
>>
>>18679149
Start them off with Stellaris, a great game that isnt exactly grand strategy but not a bad start. People who don't like Stellaris arent worth your time
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.