[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to be a more positive person

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

I get the comment a lot that people don't like being around me because I'm so negative. I get that, nobody wants to be bummed out all the time, neither do I.
I just don't get how people do it, ignore all the shit that gets thrown at them and make up good things that in no way shape or form outweigh the garbage in daily life and focus on that. Feels like focusing on only 10% of life and just being blind to the rest of it.
And with that post, I'm sure you can see my problem. How do you be positive without just ignoring everything? How do I just get over being wronged, fucked over, and taken advantage of?
I really do want to be a better person. I just have no idea how to flip around my thought process when this is just how I've thought and reasoned things since I was 7 years old.
>>
Same situation pal, just focus your energy on cheering your pals up instead of being a bummer. We're all going to die in a ball of nuclear light so you might aswell be what I like to call an
'Optimistic nihilist' if ive spelt them correctly. Believe me life aint great but complaining about it wont fix it
>>
>>18678903
I guess, but not complaining about it gives me ulcers man. I stress out until it actually starts to affect my physical health without an outlet.

Because I guess I should have said I tried to just keep my mouth shut when I didn't have anything positive to say and after about a month of doing that and basically contributing nothing at all in terms of conversation because I never had anything to say that wasn't shit I ended up throwing up a lot whenever I got overwhelmed with something.
Eventually I blacked out in class and was sent to a hospital because I stopped being able to sleep right.

There is a significant relief I get when I talk about how shit my life and the world is.

So that's why I asked about how to genuinely be more positive, because faking it was literally killing me.
Though now that I've written that out, I figure maybe a second question I should be asking is healthier stress relief/coping mechanisms?
>>
Guess coming to 4chan to ask about positivity was a bad idea? lol
>>
Op>>18678896
>I just don't get how people do it, ignore all the shit that gets thrown at them and make up good things that in no way shape or form outweigh the garbage in daily life and focus on that.
>>18678933
>There is a significant relief I get when I talk about how shit my life and the world is.
"Good things don't outweigh the bad stuff" huh? "Only 10% of the things in your life are good"?

The fact that you can be here bitchin about your life shows that you are among the richest of the world.

You have electricity, water and heat 24/7. You have access to a computer and uncensored internet. You aren't too paralyzed, mutilated or retarded to use it. You have taught write and read. You aren't too exhausted from slaving or too scared of slandering your motherland to not express yourself. You were cared enough as a child so you didn't go feral but learned how to have social interaction with people and even analyze your own situation.

But remind me again what your problem was exactly? ...Did someone say something to you the wrong way?

Get perspective. Learn about the world.
>>
>>18679309
Surviving is very different from living man. Just because I'm not a starving child in Africa doesn't mean I have no problems. I may not have as many, but I still have problems. That meme of "you're not allowed to ever feel unhappy unless you have it the worst off in the whole wide world" is shit tier thinking.
>>
>>18679567
>Surviving is very different from living man.
What does that have to do with anything? You asked how to deal with stupid shit people say.

>Just because I'm not a starving child in Africa doesn't mean I have no problems.
But you can learn to see your problems in perspective. What do you think for example a person from North Korea would do if he was put in your situation? Would he complain or just laugh it off like "whatever man"? Why would you call those things "problems" now? You have problems because of you.

>That meme of "you're not allowed to ever feel unhappy unless you have it the worst off in the whole wide world" is shit tier thinking.
Could you even consider that thinking is why you think "only 10% of life is good"? Why do you think your thinking isn't the shitty one here if you are the unhappy one?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.