[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Too picky about company?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Bird-mating-dance.gif (2MB, 322x242px) Image search: [Google]
Bird-mating-dance.gif
2MB, 322x242px
When it comes to forming friendships with people, i'm pretty damn selective, with things like intelligence, interests, personality, and social ability. I can count my friends on one hand. I'm not bothered by this.

But, I've been toying with the idea of perhaps looking to get a girlfirend. Or at least an fwb. But I'm wondering how this can work with how picky I already am with just platonic relationships. I know some girls I could approach, but I have basically no interests in common with them. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to spend time with them and enjoy it.

How do you deal with this? Do relationships have to be necessarily based on friendship? Or can it be just a societal dance that you do, and the traits of the other person doesn't matter, beyond some basic compatibility?
>>
I'm very similar to you. Basically even if I get along with somebody, if they aren't (somewhat) intelligent, don't share my interests, and don't operate on the same wavelength as me than I don't really hang out with them on a regular basis. I have a few friends but not many as a result of this. But I actually do have a gf who fulfills all of those criterias, she's really smart and intellectually stimulating to talk to, and she even likes dumb anime shit like me. What I'm saying is if you don't mind being alone for a while it is possible to find a gf that fits your high standards, it just requires a fair amount of luck. You can find a gf that you don't share common ground with or don't enjoy talking to, but really that depends on how much you'd be willing to put up with for the sake of getting your dick wet.
>>
>>18678173
>but really that depends on how much you'd be willing to put up with for the sake of getting your dick wet.
Very aptly put

How did you happen to find/meet her? Did you spend any time looking/trying beforehand?
>>
>>18678200
I met her online through various friend circles and we kinda just played video games and shit together, not just us two but the whole group I mean. Eventually we became very close friends. One day we just kinda confessed to each other and found out we both had mutual feelings. Pretty happy moment.

To respond to your second question, getting a gf was never really a priority for me. She's my first one and I developed feelings for her because of her personality, not because I was ready to jump on any girl available. That's not to say I wouldn't fuck any woman I found attractive or whatever, but I just wasn't interested in committing all that time and effort. If I'm only dating my gf for the sex I'd rather just spend that time hanging out with my friends. That's just me of course I have no idea how much of a priority it is for you.
>>
>>18678207
>online through various friend circles

Now that's something I don't do at all. Perhaps I should look into it. Intuitively seems like a higher chance of finding both compatible friends and compatible relationships.

Seems like a dumb question, but I have to ask -
how did you get into online communities?

I really appreciate your input by the way; thanks for it
>>
>>18678236
I play a lot of video game, so I naturally meet people through that.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.