[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking in good mental health

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: deflated pikachu.jpg (88KB, 406x720px) Image search: [Google]
deflated pikachu.jpg
88KB, 406x720px
Does /adv/ have any not-so-obvious tips to looking as if one is in good mental health? People like hiring managers and potential friends see my poor mental health and turn me down, which creates a cycle.

This is a request for advice, not sympathy. Thank you very much, all.
>>
>>18677408

>not-so-obvious

nope. look at healthy people, pretend to be like them, thats it. can't get any more specific if you don't.

maybe look into actually having good mental health.
>>
>>18677408

Dialectic Behavioral Therapy and then Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.

Also, 100 MG on Zoloft or its' generic equivalent.

Bob's your uncle.
>>
>>18677418

Pretending to be 'normal' or 'sane' will eventually lead to a psychotic break; I had one two years ago and lost everything.

So I enrolled in a DBT group and got on Zoloft; it's an 11 month program and the Zoloft really helps with depression and anxiety. An unfortunate side effect is it kills your libido/sex drive but honestly, it's given me sooooo much more free time to spend on my studies.
>>
>>18677424
Did the first two. Uncle's name is Dan. An SSRI or SNRI would probably provide that overrated serotonin boost, enough to appear normal at least. Solid advice.

Too bad those drugs make climax impossible for me, so I refuse them out of fear.
>>
>>18677429
You lose the sex drive too? My goal is to appear normal for an interview, just to get my foot in the door. Once I do my job well, and prove myself to be a good friend, nobody ought to care about the slouching or bags under my eyes.

A serotonin boost is what would help here, isn't it? Damn. There's that one serotonin antidepressant which doesn't increase noradrenaline levels, but it's not covered by my insurance.
>>
>>18677431

I was on Zoloft and my life was great but then I met a QT and we got into a serious relationship and the lack of sex made her feel very insecure about if I found her attractive; she was a bigger girl, not fat but as T H I C C as you can be before being considered fat.

Anyways, I got off the Zoloft and started taking Wellbutrin. My sex drive came back with a vengeance and it also gave me a lot more energy/drive but my anxiety came back too, also with a vengeance.

In the end, it made her happy but I was miserable and started cheating on her with random QTs to make my anxiety stop but it never lasted very long.

In the end my desire to make a woman happy fucked my life up for two years, kek.
>>
File: Y2duhfr.jpg (117KB, 1079x1303px) Image search: [Google]
Y2duhfr.jpg
117KB, 1079x1303px
>>18677408
Wash your hair.
Wear clean clothes.
Brush your teeth.
When someone asks you why they haven't seen you lately say you've "Just been really busy with work" instead of "I live every day under the crushing weight of existential dread and can barely muster the courage to scrape myself out of bed to feed myself".
Don't make casual jokes about suicide, people don't like that for some reason.
>>
>>18677453
my depression is situational, and I have to face the music, the bad feels. my heart is not super good, and I can't stand my dick not working, so I'll always end up discontinuing the Zolofy, girl ot not. I just need to appear normal enough for these people to give me a chance. a bad demeanor just gives people a bad first impression, and first impressions are so important to relationships. maybe I'll try to have my friends pump me up the day before the interview, or something like that. maybe even some liquid courage. I got the interview clothes and the resume all sorted out.

your view of the medication sounds very grounded. that seems like the experience a lot of people have with the meds. humans are mostly the same, right? changing your medication habits because of a girlfriend is probably iffy. I'm not a big advocate of being on these pills long-term though. they should manage crisis and then life should be designed to be sustainable. that's hard for a college student though, isn't it? that's why I decided to start with a technical cert, then maybe go to college after. best of luck to you, my mane.
>>
File: 1503433860565.jpg (15KB, 716x724px) Image search: [Google]
1503433860565.jpg
15KB, 716x724px
>>18677453
>but I was miserable and started cheating on her with random QTs to make my anxiety stop
That's what I call mentally ill
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.