[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Excel for work

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: AcrobatOnABall.jpg (468KB, 624x982px) Image search: [Google]
AcrobatOnABall.jpg
468KB, 624x982px
My cousin was talking to me about a job opportunity in corporate finance but they're looking for someone with more excel experience.

I have experience in R and java, but have only used excel superficially in the past, so I'm looking to do a day class and/or teach myself important concepts. How did you go about learning excel? Which concepts or functions are crucial/frequently used? I appreciate it in advance.
>>
>>18677104
Job listings are wishlists, describing the ideal candidate. If that person walks in, the job is theirs. If that person doesn't show up, the employers will pick the best who does apply. If you can convince them you know enough excel to learn more, and that you're a fast learner, go for it.

And between now and then, teach yourself excel
>>
Most likely they need you to be able to use it as a spreadsheet. Just basic functions like lookups and pivot tables. Learn just a bit of vba to make your knowledge sound more impressive than it actually is.
>>
>>18678070
You're the third person to give me these exact recommendations now. Im going to spend the weekend getting comfortable with these things. Thanks a lot anon. I really appreciate it
>>
>>18677104
>M$hit
Lmao, go look for a job elsewhere, you are clearly too good for them.
>>
>>18678070
Can you recommend where to start when learning Excel VBA? I know there's a lot out there but I want to know what is the most systematic way to learn it.
>>
>>18678191
By examples. Try sample codes from the web and record your own macros and see what comes out. But a serious word of warning, learn as little as possible. Use it only for very simple automation. VBA is a HORRIBLE abomination. If you have programming knowledge, you will quickly come to hate it. If you don't, it's even worse, since VBA lets you do awful things that you never should do. If you learn VBA as your first language, you will learn it in such a bad way that it will make it difficult to learn real programming later, and you must unlearn it first.
>>
>>18678218
Not OP but I learnt R as a part of my science degree since a did quite a few stats electives.
>>
>>18678229
This is OP and basically same here. I learnt it in stats and econ courses
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.