[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A question to martial fighters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Slavyane.jpg (66KB, 540x410px) Image search: [Google]
Slavyane.jpg
66KB, 540x410px
How can you hurt a person you're fighting with? I really want to compete in fights, but I can't understand the psychology of fighting for sport.
How can you hit a person hard if he didn't do anything bad to you? If I hit a person, he gets angry at me, doesn't he? I did a bad thing by hitting him, I shouldn't do that.
I feel like no matter how strong I could be, I would still lose because I wouldn't want to hurt a person, especially knowing he will want to hurt me too.
>>
Hitting other people in competition has nothing to do with hate. I mean it can, but really it's all about the joy of fighting and for the art. I love a good fight. It is the best place to practice what you preach and to improve yourself. So the joy of being able to try out all my tricks is what gets me into it.
>>
>>18677003
Well what about the feeling of being knocked down? Do you feel resentment towards the guy who pummeled you? I find it hard to believe you don't experience negative emotions when being hit.
>>
>>18677090
It's a game, and unless it's street fighting there are no stakes. There's about as much of resentment as losing a board game or videogame. Unless the opponent is a shitbag or disrespectful, which is rare considering nearly every gym teaches humility.

However if it is a street fight and it IS life or death there is no more important skill to learn, that purpose drives fighters with a sense of value, and it can be addicting like any other hobby.
>>
>>18676827
Think about it like this: there are bad people out there that will hurt you and your loved ones whether or not you want to hurt them, and they WILL do it unless you prepare to stop them. If that logic doesn't sink in then you're going to have to experience real loss before you understand the value of preparing yourself against those that wish to do you harm.
>>
>>18677090
It might not be for everyone, but there is a joy in combat. When losing or getting hit, there's a feeling of "Good shit, well played" or "Ahh shit, I could have gotten around that". A form of respect is born. But it comes from having a good mental attitude towards the whole thing.
>>
>>18677090
You respect people that defeat you.
>>
>>18677142
Weird, it just seems so logical to be angry at someone who hurt you...
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.