[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to fix an inferiority complex

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1402793076214.jpg (75KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1402793076214.jpg
75KB, 300x300px
How to fix an inferiority complex
>>
>>18676467

deconstruct the illogic that built the conclusion supporting the sense of inferiority.

complex will crumble and healing can begin.
>>
>>18676481
What if it is built on logical conclusions about myself with unchangeable external force feeding it?
>>
I was afraid to go outside, because I felt everyone was better looking and better dressed than I was. Then I went outside. I'm still afraid, but I now know that I'm not the ugliest and not the worst dressed. Maybe your fears are similar.
>>
>>18676499

then you might be trying to force your being into a structure that is incompatible with who you are/what you are capable of. Thats not necessarily an inferiority complex.

I'm an office worker and a decent one. Should I have an inferiority complex to a pro football athlete?

Nothing in my life converts meaningfully to theirs in a professional sense. You could make a case about their income level, but thats a losing game all the way up to the top 1%, so it doesn't seem logical to engage in that.
>>
>>18676467
Whenever a problem arises you likely think "What's wrong with me?" v "what happened there?" The difference is a personal assessment v a situational assessment. How do you think like that? I don't know. I'm not a shrink. But you're in a very bad place in terms of long term success anon. You need to get help if you can't help yourself. Also, you ever write down what you want and how you're going to get it without self flagellation?
>>
>>18676527
My inferiority stems from people who are better than me academically, physically, economically, socially, have more important skills, know more, etc having achieved all that in the same time I've been alive. I blame my parents not pushing me to a path like that (they didn't really give a shit after I wasn't good at sports) and also living in a country with less push on stuff they were pushed to young and supported but I feel that's just making up excuses for my own personal downfall of just being retarded. The people like this I know and I can't avoid are the type to call someone retarded for not being as good as them (insults dont matter tho) and serve as a constant reminder that I'm far inferior to the majority of my friends and if I try to get better it won't matter because they'll be even better by then and they already got to that level way before. I don't know what to do I can't go a day without thinking about how shit I am compared to so many people and everyone around me either reminds me or is a reminder of that fact.
>>18676518
Not a physical problem
>>18676536
It really is a problem of what's wrong with me. Why am I worse? Am I just retarded and should kill myself?
>>
>>18676558
No don't kill yourself. Get therapy. Your brain is kinked like a hose and they'll help you unwind it. You're not the only person who has this problem. That's not to say that you're not important. You matter. You get to decide how much. Let a professional help you. They know what's gong on down to the very organelles within the brain.
>>
>>18676558
Your inferiority complex may stem from something deeper than just comparing yourself to people (which you should never do, if you want to be a confident person). Perhaps see a Psychoanalyst to talk issues, and see if they can resolve any past issue that is causing you to feel inferior?
You shouldn't feel inferior to friends at all, being better than someone is just subjective bullshit that doesn't really mean anything. What if you have some hidden talent, skill, intelligence that could potentially make you better than others? And how do you REALLY know for sure that they are actually better than you? You don't know that. You are just suffering from self limiting beliefs that is causing unecessary suffering. In all seriousness, see a therapist. CBT Therapy works too.
>>
>>18676558
>My inferiority stems from people who are better than me academically, physically, economically, socially, have more important skills, know more, etc having achieved all that in the same time I've been alive.

This line of reasoning fails a logical review as a objectively legitimate reason to feel inferior. At no point, regardless of their place in life is someone else not more successful in some sense and across some domain. There is always someone better, and its a supreme act of personal malfeasance to engage in a personally destructive mode of competition with people you were never going to be in the same domain of competition anyways.
for one, there is no guarantee that:

>I blame my parents not pushing me to a path like that (they didn't really give a shit after I wasn't good at sports) and also living in a country with less push on stuff they were pushed to young and supported but I feel that's just making up excuses for my own personal downfall of just being retarded.
even if you had such things when younger that you would have achieved a level of success to satisfy such an illogically founded inferiority complex. and two:
>The people like this I know and I can't avoid are the type to call someone retarded for not being as good as them (insults dont matter tho) and serve as a constant reminder that I'm far inferior to the majority of my friends and if I try to get better it won't matter because they'll be even better by then and they already got to that level way before.
even if you had such things when you were younger, if you surround yourself with crap people, then your illogical complex would instead suffer from those crap people making you feel like you could ALWAYS be doing more than you are. The vicious circle with that kind of circuitous thinking never ends. its objectively a negative feedback loop...more
>>

>I don't know what to do I can't go a day without thinking about how shit I am compared to so many people and everyone around me either reminds me or is a reminder of that fact.
you may be using too wide a perspective to make an effective judgement on the management of your life. How old are you, anyways?
>>
File: smugggggg.jpg (43KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
smugggggg.jpg
43KB, 1024x576px
By developing a superiority complex. It's hard to feel inferior when you are just so much better than everybody else.
Of course, you will never be as good as me. That's a given.
>>
>>18676467
By fixing things that are causing your inferiority complex.
But oh wait, you already know that is the only way to permanently fix your problem, the only reason you made this thread is in hopes of hearing that "you aren't as bad as you think :)".
>>
>>18678227
>develop superiority complex
>something happens that you interpret as an attack against your superiority
>start to doubt whether you are superior at all
>feel inferior
repeat
>>
File: smug412.jpg (51KB, 907x718px) Image search: [Google]
smug412.jpg
51KB, 907x718px
>>18678326
It's the perfect scheme.
The trick is to constantly improve yourself so over time you replace your superiority complex with actual confidence.
>>
anon you have value
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.