[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trying to fix head posture

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 1472270050978.jpg (634KB, 1061x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1472270050978.jpg
634KB, 1061x1200px
So I've been trying to correct my forward head posture and it's been kind of giving me a double chin, is this normal when correcting it? Like the angle between my neck and chin isn't super crisp some of my jaw hangs, does that fix itself over time?

Is this true though?
"Your skin will grow over time to conform to the contours of whatever posture you spend most time in. Thus if you spend a of of time with your head forwards, the skin will grow into that shape over periods of months.

So, if you are consistent with improving your neck posture your skin will, slowly, grow into that shape and your double-chin will eventually disappear. :-)"
>>
>>18675228
I don't really know, but a good posture with double chin is better than having a fucked up posture with a single chin
>>
>>18675228

might need some side pics to give better advice. taken with the upper back in view so we can see alignment.
>>
>>18675242
I'd prefer to have good posture with a single chin like "normal" people if at all possible

I have some breathing concerns too actually. Recently just realized there's a relation in short breaths and shitty jaw occlusion. Something about body buffer times, control pause or whatever?

>>18675251
Umm I don't have any pictures right now, can't take any atm but I can describe stuff. I have a slight overbite which I'm pretty sure means some jaw recession, but I've gotten into the habit of pressing my tongue against the roof of my mouth and pushing my bottom teeth in line with my top. When I do that I don't have a chinlet face anymore and the bottom of my chin is nice and 90~ degree angled, but if I make an attempt to put my body into a super correct, upright posture my lower jawline compresses into my neck and disappears partly. I've heard people say this is kinda normal and "most people" will have their jawline obscured but I see people who have super crisp jawlines despite all that, with varying jaws etc.

I'm not sure how I'd take the pics too. I try not to bite down if I can help it, as opposed to keeping my teeth in line and tongue flat because it gives me that chinlet appearance.

Oh, I don't think pics would be accurate right now at the moment anyways because my neck is enflamed for some reason, along with my submand lymph nodes. Unfortunately I don't think I have any old profile pics.
Think neck is swollen to allergies.
>>
>>18675277
I'm what you'd call a skelly dude, and when I first "fixed" my head posture, my jaw would disappear if I had a bit more of fat. What really helped me without giving me a weird look is fixing my whole posture instead of focusing only on my neck, but I don't know if you have the same problem as me
>>
>>18675291
Yeah that's actually what I'm trying to do, head posture back hips all that shit.

I'm not quite at being locked into good posture naturally though, I'm gradually straightening up but when I relax I still slouch/lean forward some. All the different "indicators" fuck with me though, from having to clench my ass to feeling my lower jaw tuck into itself and having to judge based on feeling whether or not I think I'm standing up straight.

On the far right in that pic, of the guy with proper posture, my neck/chin angle can vary from looking like in that, a pretty solid 90 degree angle, to a frumpy doublechin look where my jawlines kind of smashed into my neck.

I almost never have an acute neck angle like the picture of the girl in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqlxAdmky10

But if I pay enough attention I can get relatively straight angle going. My head will start to get tired though and I think I'm pushing my head forward more than what is "totally natural" because the super correct posture position kind of gives me 2 or 3 chins.

I think my face/chin might just be short in general, my face itself doesnt stick out nearly as far as that Mike guy.

So basically depending on how conscious I'm being of my neck I can resemble the good posture pic, or have no chin to 3.

When I put my head such that it's behind my shoulders and "super proper" though, my chin disappears. I think I have to lean my neck/head forward at least some to maintain a normal 90 degree angle.

I know I probably sound self conscious but, I'm by no means a fatass so it's embarrassing to be as skinny as I am but have a fat looking face if I'm not jutting it out and up.
>>
>>18675315
Yeah, it happened to me too, but I've noticed that fixing a set will fix almost everything else, so I kinda stopped caring unless my back was rounded. So what I'd suggest then is lifting some weights. With the proper posture when you lift (always use mirrors), you can fix it easily (especially since your muscles will do the job).
Also, you don't have to keep your head completely straight, mine is tilted like 10°/15° and I look better than a lot of my friends.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.