[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>graduate high school go to community college for two years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1503193495063.jpg (10KB, 250x246px) Image search: [Google]
1503193495063.jpg
10KB, 250x246px
>graduate high school go to community college for two years
>haven't received all credits yet but can transfer
>mom wants me to go away to school
>tell her again that I have some weird mental issues and want some therapy
>she agrees to set it up again but never does (again)
>don't want to disappoint her any further so lie and tell her I picked a college
>snowballs now everyone thinks I want to go there
Fuck, I want to live independently but I'm lacking passion and direction. I don't know what's wrong with me but I just feel emotionally vacant. I just don't care about anything anymore. This isn't the first time in my life I've been this apathetic. I've told my family before that I wanted some therapeutic help to figure it out and they agreed but nothing ever comes of it. Now I've just spent over a grand paying off my last semester of CC and I'm going to apply to some school I don't even care about. I'm beginning to think college just isn't for me but if that's the case I really don't know what is. There's nothing in this world that I'm interested in doing right now but laying in the bed.

I really don't know what I'm asking for here, just letting off some steam.
>>
Why don't you set up the therapy yourself?
>>
>>18674943
I don't know how. My healthcare is still under my Mom's
>>
>>18674826
Nobody can stop you from going and getting a full time job. You sound like you lack direction. Having to bust your ass 40+ hours a week will teach you a lot about yourself. I hate sitting down and learning. I think with my hands so I work with my hands.

Here's the break anyway, the future of the workforce is in certifications amd trades. Learn to weld or something. Be a mechanic. Get an IT cert in something. You lack passion and motivation because you know that this ignorant path your parents have set for you isn't the way forward.
>>
>>18674950
This guy's right.
Go to a trade school and work.
This will help you get into a routine and meet people.
Also make sure you eat right and stay healthy. I can guarantee your life will be in order within the next couple of years.
>>
>>18674950
>>18674953
Yeah, I'm working nearly 40 hours a week right now but it's not a real job. I think ultimately I want to be able to earn enough money to where I can begin making investments but that's all I'm really sure of. still iffy on how I'll get to that point. I heard welders can make pretty nice money but it's pretty intensive on the body.
>>
>>18674826
Pick something you have the slightest interest in and pursue it for a year

It may not be what you want to do with the rest of your life but its the right thing to do
Just make sure it's something YOU want not what your parents, friends, girls or anyone else wants

If it's something you can't really make money from like art then get a job in the meantime and pursue the art on the other time
>>
no University = homeless bum
yoy wanna be homeless bum?
>>
>>18675034
This is utter nonsense. This is coming from someone without a 4 year degree.

You want to know how to get ahead? Learn how to be a good salesman. Once you learn how to benefit sell products (i.e. best buy) you can do the same thing for yourself with people in lucritive positions. The way to get ahead in this world is through connections where you have built trust and confidence in powerful people. These people can get your resume considered above others in a position that may indeed be outside of your relative wheelhouse, but it will get you a lot farther than "I am university graduate 9457. Like my peers I have no connections in your industry and no real-world skills. You will be rrspinsible for teaching me how to wipe my own ass since it wasn't on my syllabus. How likely are you to hire me?"

Build your reputation and it will propel you forward. If you're not university material why try and fit a square peg into a roud hole? Go do your research over the course of working full-time on possible careers that interest you, take your time, and once you find something go back to school, get your certs, and live happy. You don't need to make bocoup bucks to live comfortably. Round where I live I own my own home and have enough money to go out and eat a few times a week with my girlfriend for about 45 grand a year. Don't buy the university hype. Make your investments, diversify your assets (gold and stocks) and live your own life.
>>
>>18674826
Professor writing here.

College is designed to serve two groups of customers - those aiming for a career that requires the degree, and those who enjoy learning for its own sake.

If you belong ot either of those groups, or think you might, then go. If you don't, then college will simply have nothing of value to offer you.

(Please see that I did NOT say you might not be good enough for it. IT might not be good enough for YOU)

At this point in your life the one thing you have more of than anything else is Time. How about a bargain with your mother - you take a year off before going to college and use that time to explore alternatives, like trade school, and also to get counseling to help you sort out your thinking.

The absolute worst possible result of that would be that you'd end up getting out of college a year later, which is no big deal at all.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.