[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My girlfriend of three years wants to move to Italy to study

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: 3481px-Italy_1494.svg[1].png (2MB, 3481x4167px) Image search: [Google]
3481px-Italy_1494.svg[1].png
2MB, 3481x4167px
My girlfriend of three years wants to move to Italy to study Philosophy or something similar in a year. She basically just loves that country even though she hasn't been there. She wants me to go with her, but I'm not really enthusiastic about it. I have a steady job here, an apartment, all my friends and a sports club I'm in charge of. She does not have a job yet, she's 20, all her money comes from me and her dad, who is divorced to her mother, but keeps sending his ex wife money for the daughter, most of which her mom keeps to herself. So her plan is that her dad will give her the money to move to Italy. Her mom also said that if I don't go with her, she will, because she doesn't want to let her go there alone. What should I do?
>>
>>18674496
Talk to her till you find a solution that works for you both.
If you absolutely don't want to move, and she absolutely wants to move, and there is no compromise to be made - you break up.
>>
>>18674496
Tell her to visit it, as a tourist at first, maybe she'll change her mind.
>>
Where are you from?
>>
>>18674496
Most university classes here in Italy are taught in Italian, and they expect you to have a decent level of Italian to go through University.
Does she speak any?
>>
>>18674497
She suggested once that she'll just go to study there and will come back when she'll be done/or visit during summer. I'm not a big fan of this option either though.
>>18674498
I can take her there for her birthday, but I bet she'll love it, because I'll make sure she'll have a great time with me on vacation. Or would it be better if I let her go alone there?
>>18674503
Northern Europe.
>>18674505
She's been studying Italian with a private tutor for about 3 months now, plans to continue for the rest if the year. I doubt she'll be able to study in Italian, so she'll be looking for English classes.
>>
>>18674510
>I doubt she'll be able to study in Italian, so she'll be looking for English classes.
There are virtually no humanities courses in english.
STEM, economy and engineering offer courses in english, but basically all humanities are in Italian only. She'll need a nearly native level of Italian if she wants to study philosophy here.
>>
>>18674515
Well, I'll let her know that. You sure there are no humanities courses in English in Italy?
>>
>>18674496
Whatever you want.

It sounds like she's going with or without you. If you're serious about being with her, you should probably follow her. If you're too invested in what you've got going where you are now, maybe try long-distance. Or just end it now knowing you can't deal with this decision she's making.
>>
>>18674496
show her the wikipedia article on Paris Syndrome
>>
>>18674537
I've never heard of any. I also have done a little research and it seems to be the case.
I might be wrong, tho.
>>
>>18674515
Well, I'll let her know that. You sure there are no humanities courses in English in Italy?
>>
>>18674497
She suggested once that she'll just go to study there and will come back when she'll be done/or visit during summer. I'm not a big fan of this option either though.
>>18674498
I can take her there for her birthday, but I bet she'll love it, because I'll make sure she'll have a great time with me on vacation. Or would it be better if I let her go alone there?
>>18674503
Northern Europe.
>>18674505
She's been studying Italian with a private tutor for about 3 months now, plans to continue for the rest if the year. I doubt she'll be able to study in Italian, so she'll be looking for English classes.
>>
>>18674569
http://www.uni-italia.it/it/corsi-in-inglese

I did a little research on that site.
When you select "bachelor" and search for courses in History, philosophy and shit like that, it says no results.
If you search for courses of literature and such, it shows that there is a course in english for media and performing arts in Rome, but that's it.

So yeah, I'm reasonably sure.
>>
>>18674496
So she wants to go to Italy to study something she can study in America while also not even being able to take care of herself? Jesus is she still going to be on dad/boyfriendfare while she's over there or is she going to eventually start paying for her own wants?
>>
>>18674582
We're from Northern Europe. Yeah, she "plans" to work there, but all the initial funds and all that she plans to get from her dad. She also asked if I can send her money if I won't go with her.
>>
>>18674596
how Long are you two together?
How old are you btw?

i would say dump her.
>>
>>18674496
Prepare to see her disappointed because Italy is a trash country with asshole people
>>
>>18674613
All of that info in the OP post. 3 years together, she's 20, I'll be turning 27 soon.
>>
>>18674629

well to be honest i think she just uses you and her father for the money.
She will prodably dump you if she finds someone who pays her even more.

Better break up with her and move along and find someone better and more mature to build something together.
>>
>>18674642
While she certainly likes the money and expensive stuff I gift her, I really don't think it's all about the money. She is just very irresponsible, not mature enough and inexperienced when money. So she just takes it all for granted, never having to earn for herself. But it's not the money that's the problem here, really.
>>
>>18674657
The problem is you will prodably find no compromise.
She clearly wants to go there (even if the decision may or may not be dumb) and you will not convince her not to go there.

Why waiting for her to get mature and spending time and money on her instead of searching the right girl for you?
Perhaps a long distance relationship can work for you both but chances are high it won't last because she is too young and naive and perhaps she finds someone else there.
>>
>>18674615
t. buttblasted tourist who got scammed
>>
>>18674615
Italy has a lot of nice places if you stay away from the big cities, which holds true for almost any western country these days.
>>
>>18674496
>philosophy
https://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en-us/careers.html

Just let her go. Time for new gf.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.