[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A girl called me cheap because I tipped a waitress too low. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: 1397417953619.jpg (110KB, 500x281px)
1397417953619.jpg
110KB, 500x281px
A girl called me cheap because I tipped a waitress too low. I went out to lunch with a girl and the service was absolutely average, nothing awful, nothing great. I tipped her roughly 16-17%, I did the math for 15% in my head and gave her a tiny bit extra because I'm not so much of a penny pincher to count exact change but the girl I was with said I'm a cheap tipper.

Isn't 15% standard though for standard service?
>>
>>18674453
Typically.

She's probably got a different idea of what "average tip" is, especially if she ever worked in the service industry.
>>
You are cheap if you'ŗe counting 15% tip in your head. And you don't sound like you have a lot of masculine energy in you and the girl you've been on a date judging by what she said was looking probably for a MAN. Not a cheap guy who's calculating a 15% for AVERAGE service in a restaurant and then goes complaining about in on 4chan. I'd say you find a girl who's looking for someone who has a some feminine energy like yourself.
>>
I have worked in a restaurant and I can assure you that a 15% is more than generous, especially for average service. The purpose of a tip is to be used to reward people in the service industry who have exceptional customer service. Customers have spoken to my manager about my customer service and often I will be rewarded, not only by my customer but by my manager. Average service does not equate to average tip. Average service equates to no tip. Unless the employee did something extraordinary, a tip is charity. Tips are not given, they are earned.
>>
>>18674453

Your gf has worked service before, and is clearly hot enough to get a bit axtra from pervs. Her idea of a normal tip has been blown out of the water by these pervs.

Explain to her that what you tipped, is normal and if she were ugly, or a guy, she'd know that.
>>
>>18674500
>The purpose of a tip is to be used to reward people in the service industry

No the tip was used during the times of conflict to avoid paying staff so they could stay affloat. Not have to raise prices as much snd to keep profits high.

It litterally has no positive purpose other then for the owners. Service staff aren't even tipped very well even if service is amazing on average (Idc if you do it, you're not the average person).

Source: Adam Ruins everything (he has his sources listed on screen as well)
>>
What is wrong with America?

Tips should not be expected. It tells volumes about the girl you were with, OP. She might have been a gold digger to boot.

Why doesn't her employer pay her? Americans are weird.
>>
>>18674500
>The purpose of a tip is to be used to reward people in the service industry
No, a tip is a way to let service industries avoid minimum wage laws and pay their help like shit. You of all people should know that.
>>
>>18674453
15% is considered the minimum. I always tip 25% regardless of service quality, then up to 50% if the check is small (total under 15 dollars) or the service is exemplary.
>>
>>18674500
You must be in Europe. In America a 15-25% tip is considered socially mandatory.
>>
>>18674525
You're in a different country with different laws.
>The American federal government requires a wage of at least $2.13 per hour be paid to employees that receive at least $30 per month in tips. If wages and tips do not equal the federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour during any week, the employer is required to increase cash wages to compensate.

$7.25 is not a livable wage in any state except MAYBE rural parts of the south, and even then you're eating cheap food and won't be able to afford healthcare.
>>
>>18674453
Tipping is very much a localized matter. In most of Europe 10-12% is standard. In most of USA 15%. In major US cities like New York and Los Angeles, 20% is the default.
>>
>>18674453
>"And how much did you fucking tip bitch? Oh wait, you didn't tip anything at all because I had to pay for everything, and somehow I'm the cheap one. Stupid cunt."
>>
A lot of restaurants here in Texas have started putting "suggested gratuity" totals on the bottom of the receipt. These start anywhere from 18-21% and the maximum I've seen was 35% at a low quality mexican restaurant. Typically the service at these places doesn't justify a tip at all, but every time I stiff the waiter my gf stiffs me so I have to give something
>>
>>18674453
Hundreds of personal and business dinners and lunches and even at the nicest restaurants, 15% is a good tip. If is par 10%. If its horrible you should tell the manager but still give 10%. If it is stellar 20-25%.
>>
15% for poor service, 20% for average service, 25% for exceptional service, rounded up to the nearest dollar. That's how I've always done it.
>>
this thread is giving me a heart attack
I'm never going to a restaurant again
>>
Don't tip unless the waitress literally sucks your dick.
>>
>>18674699
Its not the servers but the restaurant owners pay so little they expect the patrons to pay their staff. Just don't frequent the restaurants that do this.
>>
>>18674476
weak bait.
>>
>>18674501
/thread
>>
>>18674751
I won't frequent any at all, hope your entire industry collapses!
>>
>>18674453
I hope you didn't pay for the woman as well.
>>
>Woman thought the tip wasnt enough

Did she then pay some more to make it up to what she thought was appropriate? If not, then shes accusing you of being cheap while not paying any money herself. She's passing judgement on how much money she thinks you will spend on her behalf.
>>
>>18674453
Thank god my gf got mad at me for tipping too much when I gave 20%. I found one that knows money doesn't grow on trees.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.