[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Solo backpacking/camping advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: kungsleden.png (3MB, 4606x7794px) Image search: [Google]
kungsleden.png
3MB, 4606x7794px
How doable is it to hike 450km as a totally untrained coachpotato? I'm leaving for Kungsleden (in Sweden) the 2nd of Sept solo, what am I in for?
>>
File: DSCF0582.jpg (802KB, 1900x1418px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0582.jpg
802KB, 1900x1418px
it's gonna be ruff

well, if you're carrying a heavy pack it's a bit of a pain. my last pack was nearly 30kg and at 3500 meters i was in pretty sorry shape after the main ascent over the pass. if you can afford to, buy new ultralight shit and not your fathers gear from 50 years ago like i used...

if you're packing light and staying in hostels rather than a tent, just make sure you're prepared for a day's journey and willing to stay more than one night if you don't feel prepared for the next leg

besides that, you'll probably be going a bit slowly

but overall it sounds lovely and congratulations on being bold enough to give it a shot by yourself! i hope you have a great time.
>>
>>18674231
>>18674231
Thanks for the advice!
>and not your fathers gear from 50 years ago
I... uhh... kinda messed up already on that front. Gonna be heavy.
>>
>>18674283
So you have zero experience in backpacking?
>>
>>18674292
Some, but always day trips that lasted under perhaps 8h. And even that was years ago and not in the fjords.
>>
>>18674302
Can you please be as detailed as possible as to how you think you'll be successful in this endeavor?
>>
>>18674311
I'll keep walking until I reach the end? I'm thinking that if I fall ill or my blisters get too bad I'll take a zero-day or two. I have all the equipment necessary. You think it'll be impossible, why? Winter-weather hasn't hit yet. I don't know what I'm in for as far as exhaustion goes.
>>
>>18674322
food plan?
>>
>>18674346
Heres my list

3 Liters of milk (powder-form)
5 portions of chocolate-milk powder
7 portions of oatmeal
2 bags of ryebread
2 tubes of softcheese
4 bags of ramen
4 bags of macaroni
2 bags of creamgravy (dont know if this is the english word for it)
14 Bierwurst
3 bags of Soup
7 bags of nuts
7 snickers
2 bags 80g candy
2 bags chocolte pudding
2 bags of cookies
1 packet of chewing gum

This is supposed to be for ~10 days until I can restock
>>
>>18674365
Snickers, candy, cookies, and pudding? Really? Please tell me you're diabetic and NEED sugar. If not, replace with something nutritional like metRx or powerbar. Or the hike is a waste for the excersize value. Might as well bring Cheetos and beer.

Also... No water? Huh? I hope you have a filtration system then. Or do you plan on recycling pee?
>>
>>18674322
Pick up moleskin in case of blisters you can thank me later.

How to use; cut piece off a bit larger than your blister, cut hole in center of that piece for blister to fit in, apply over blister area so blister bubble is in the hole. Profit.
>>
>>18674380
Don't know how familiar you are with the Swedish fjords but worry not water is plentiful on the journey! If the water moves, its drinkable, and there's plenty of moving bodies of water up there, better than tap water.

I had heard you needed plenty of easy sources of energy, I'm not diabetic. I will take your advice to heart though and purchase some powerbars today.

>>18674388
Will do buddy, thanks for the advice. Just so I understand you correctly; I apply another piece over the first layer with the hole over the blister, right?
>>
>>18674395
Just one piece.
Blister should be center the hole, of that one piece.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.