[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am still in love with my ex-girlfriend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Capture+_2017-08-30-21-39-47.png (176KB, 640x648px) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2017-08-30-21-39-47.png
176KB, 640x648px
So, /adv/, I left my girlfriend not to long ago, and I was hoping you could help me move on. She cheated on me; she was flirting with other guys on Facebook and tried to meet up with them for sex, I left her as soon as I found out, and have no intention of getting back with her. The problem is, I still love her. Even though she was jealous and irrational, she cared about me, and would have done anything for me. We were exceptionally close, she was my best friend, my only friend, the only friend I needed or wanted. We were together for a little over a year, and the cheating totally blindsided me. I don't know how much was a lie, or how much was true. I've sworn off relationships, and have decided I'd be happier alone. How do I get past her, though? I still love her, I miss her everyday. Thanks, /adv/.

>pic unrelated, didn't know what else to use
>>
> she cared about me, she would have done anything for me
I know for the most part (besides the cheating) that she could've been a good girlfriend. But a girlfriend who cares about you and would do anything for you is not someone who would cheat on you. See things for how they are, not how they seem.
>>
>See things for how they are, not how they seem.

Nor should you see them how you want them to be.

Until you can do that, you aren't fit to be with anyone anyway. Doing so is realizing that she did not have your best interest in mind after all, and in turn did not love you the way you wished she would.

Lying to yourself is so amazingly easy and it works so very well.
>>
>>18673745
>>18673732
Thank you. This is OP. My browser crashed, which is way I may be counted as a different user.
>>
From a practical standpoint, treat your love to this person as an addiction. It is something you don't want anymore, because it is hurting you. It is your brain being programmed to like something and it needs time and proper approach to reprogram itself. The days to come may be harsh, but it will be so worth it in the long run.
>>
>>18673724
You did the right thing for yourself by breaking up with a cheater who is selfish and not the princess you assumed. Its normal to struggle with the suddenness of her betrayal and you cannot just flip a switch off if you are in love. This takes time, you didn't fall in love overnight so you ease out of love. Most of us have dealt with multiple relationships ending and the best you can do is immerse yourself in something so you aren't dwelling on this every second of every day. Eventually the pain you feel will subside but it is gradual. I hope you have gotten rid of reminders of her and cut all contact and not monitoring her.
>>
>>18673724
> Even though she was jealous and irrational she cared about me, and would have done anything for me
except not be jealous, or irrational, or not a cheater

come the fuck on dude

>I've sworn off relationships, and have decided I'd be happier alone. How do I get past her, though?

this is some magical bit where you suggest the good answer before you ask the question and you don't even know it, it's hilarious

you may be happier alone, probably not. talk to other girls
>>
Nice pic though.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.