[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I graduated college three years ago. I got my degree in four

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

File: MissingOutImg_1-900x578[1].jpg (66KB, 900x578px) Image search: [Google]
MissingOutImg_1-900x578[1].jpg
66KB, 900x578px
I graduated college three years ago. I got my degree in four years. Got a job soon after.

However, looking back those years are painful. I think about all the things I missed out which is everything. I didn't make a single friend, I couldn't even talk to a girl the entire time. I went through a period of experimenting with drugs. I got clean and spent most of the three years in therapy. I'm better now and I've improved immensely since then.

I can't help but look back on that time and think how I wasted it all. I was completely forgettable and didn't leave an impression on anyone. Even some people I've heard stories from at least made a friend or something.

I know I need to move on. How do you guys get past regrets?
>>
>>18673710
At least tell me you have a good degree and at least a six figure paying job after all that. Then you can think to yourself "well I worked hard while others party and now I am living better than them."
If you got some bullshit degree/make pennies then I don't know what to tell you, you wasted your time. Its not too late though, I think it only becomes weird once you hit your 30s. Go out with coworkers and shit.
>>
>>18673730
I majored in Econ and math.

I'm making $50k after fucking around and not settling down with a good job. I had a 3.0 gpa and finished 800 out of 1000 students. So I didn't have the grades to show for my lack of social life.
>>
>>18673710
>tfw I'm looking into my future in this post.

This is my 5th and final year in school and I haven't done shit except desperately try to cling to passing grades. College was just too damn difficult to focus on anything else for me.
Didn't help I went to school in this rural ass farm town where there aint shit to do and the nearest city is 3 hours in any direction. I'm envious of my sister who went to a college out of state in a big city full of young kids, not farmland where the population is mostly old black guys with criminal records living off welfare.
>>
>>18673740
I'm in LITERALLY the same position as you right now, but I'm a senior in college.
I've been trying to make friends and get a social life for the last 3 years but it hasn't happened yet. I don't think you can do much about it. Some things just don't seem to work for some people. Just try to make the most of your "right now" you know.
>>
>>18673740
Jesus dude thats rough.
I make $20k more and I dropped out of high school. Of course my work hours are long and the job is hard, you probably get to sit in office or something all day.
Honestly like I said invite some coworkers out or something, youre going to drive yourself mad thinking about the past.
>>
>>18673710

Dunno why you'd feel bad about missing out when you weren't very close to them.
>>
Nearly identical situation minus the drugs.

We both need to enjoy our youth right now. We got 2-3 years MAX before we are officially old and no longer young living a life full of regret.

We're fortunate enough to still be at the tail-end of our youth. We're going to have to make financial sacrifices/stall career progres to get over this.

My plan and what's been working for me:

1. Get on social media ASAP. Instagram/Snapchat/Whatever else and just start adding people you knew. Strong dopamine rushes everytime I see people from high school liking my stuff. Eventually you'll start adding coworkers and can do stuff with them.

2. I'll be travelling soon. Japan, Europe, Nepal, where ever the fuck else. This is your chance to be truly young again as you can spend time together with other early 20 year olds and just do fun shit.

3. Find a job with younger people. Went from an office with a bunch of 30 year olds to one with 18 year old interns and tons of people my age recently out of college. Feel like I'm actually living right now.

4. Do everything you ever wanted to do. Rock climb, skydive, get aesthetic, etc. Don't wait because none of this shit is fun to do when you're older and no one gives a fuck about you anymore.

You may think career/financial loss is too great, but do you really want to be 28 or some shit and have NOTHING worth remembering from your youth? Jobs are always going to be here, our youth is not. College is gone, but you still got your youth so use it.
>>
>>18674014
What does it matter if you do fun stuff in your "youth", or fun stuff after? What's preventing you from doing fun things after you become "officially old"? Who determined your cut-off point for fun anyway?
You're acting like people become senior citizens at 25. There's absolutely nothing preventing people in their late 20's, 30's, 40's, or even 50's enjoying life, except for possibly their health, which most can manage by taking care of themselves.
>>
>>18673730
I did this
and it doesn't help because I still think about how every waking moment of college was absolute hell where everyone with a shit major at least got to kiss a girl
>>
>>18674712
Dude there is nothing preventing you right now
You can literally go on the street and ask girls for a kiss (well maybe not yet but you know what I mean, at least approach and number) and go through 100 kiss partners in a month
Its not like you need to go to college or smart to kiss
>>
>>18674715
the point is literally everyone had a good time, partied, went to games, developed socially, had gf's or fucked around, and seemed to have a positive experience
when I went to a party I would show up hammered, get more drunk, and black out so I could forget about the 9th level of hell tier coursework that I had to wade through
graduated a virgin and will now be one forever because at this point girls are looking for some betabux to sink their teeth into
>>
>>18674720
Well go and live right now if you want it that bad or stop crying
>>
>>18673710
I'm more of less in the same boat.
+30 now and never had a social life.
I have soo much pain and regret due to not having lived.
>>
>>18673730
So I'am right when I say that going out and having fun over 30 is strange and weird.

People keep telling me "Go out, go party!".

But here I have proof that other people also think that going out at my age is strange and werid.
>>
>>18674014
You just sound like some stalker / creep / pervert who's hunting for barely 18 girls.

Over 24, you life is OVER!

I will say it again, when you are over 24 you life is OVER!
>>
>>18674722
holy fuck you are thick, did you not go to college?
remember that six figure job I "at least had"? all the waking hours that doesn't take up is time I have left to come home, eat a meal, then collapse into bed you stupid fucknut
those four years were a prelude to a squandered miserable lifetime that is IMPOSSIBLE TO IMPROVE, it doesn't matter how much money I make or how valuable my degree is
>>
>>18674696
The "Cut-off point" is what society deems acceptable !

It's acceptable to party and have fun when you are at UNI.

Once you graduate, you are expected to settle down into your career and nothing else.

At least that is what my parents, teachers and society keeps telling me.
>>
>>18674736
Maybe save money and quit that job
My most sexual times were when I was on welfare haha
>>
>>18674737
Dude move to a big city Paris Amsterdam Berlin NY London doesnt matter, nobody gives a fuck and tells you how to live your life there
>>
>>18673740
your GPA is better than mine and frankly I think you're mainly just hung up about a woman and beating yourself up about the rest of the things that had nothing to do with a relationship (nobody cares 'bout your grades in the professional world, just do your job good and learn how to do more of your job and other people's jobs) because you feel like you deserve to beat yourself up

>>18674736
I know stuff like >>18674722 sounds cruel but either you think you can, or you think you can't. I'm sure it will sound retarded to you, as it did to me, that you can think yourself happier but the only thing that sustains most of the negative loop you have is your belief in it. If you are a prisoner in your own thoughts and words that pretty much precludes actualization in real, material life

Maybe you think you're just telling it like it is by saying your life is miserable and that unironically talking about aspirations is douche-y but there is such a thing as unproductive, or even untrue, self criticism
>>
>>18674749
I live in Amsterdam. I once tried to go out when I was 26. I went to a night club "Escape".

Most people all gave me werid looks. When I looked at most people partying they seemed to be 18-22.

I felt like an old grandpa and left after 10mins.
>>
>>18674768
is it that easy to tell the difference between a 22 and 26?
>>
>>18674768
Are you for real? I was in Amsterdam last weekend, I cant imagine sitting at home while you are surrounded with so many beautiful girls. Well you dont have to go to a club, you can just hit the street at night and see where you end up. I am asked for ID every time when I buy beer even though I am 21, women treat me like a child at first glance, this is a different side of the coin, but it doesnt prevent me from doing anything. I could be saying "oh I wish I was 26 and all grown-up and confident and rich", because honestly in my experience, most girls confessed to me they go for older guys, so I dont know where the perception of weird looks came from. Until your hair is grey I think you are more attractive with age.
>>
>>18674733
I think I remember you from the thread about that 27 year old asking about dating. Please let's not start this.

>>18674768
Are you certain they looked at you weirdly because of your age? Could it have not been something else, such as your nervous mannerisms, or the fact that you went alone? Did you try to talk to any of the people there? Socialize? Or did you just stay by yourself?
>>
>>18674782
That is me.
>>
>>18674779
Yes, I'am for real. I'm not that handsome, on a scale from 1-10, I might be a 3-4 at most! I have no social skills, I would not know how to start a conversation. Let alone a conversation with a girl.
>>
>>18674782
Yes, I went alone. I have not friends or social contacts.
Also read >>18674789
>>
>>18674772
no, it isn't. he's a paranoid retard.
>>
>>18674789
>3-4/10
well, there's your answer. has fuck all to do with age so stop whinging about something most people don't have the ability to do like determining age difference down to the exact year by sight alone, when it's really that you're just the same uggo you were 5 years ago.
>>
>>18674793
Then your problems aren't really related to your age. By stressing about your age, something not worth stressing about since you can't change it by the way, won't do you any good and will just stress you. Many people are far less concerned about age than you are by the way. In my university I have a classmate in his 30's regularly socializing with late teens and early 20's year olds. And no one cares about his age.

>>18674784
You really need stop to giving a shit about your age.
>>
Are you me? The real kicker is the fact that if you didn't have any friends in college, you'll never have any friends for the rest of your life. Have fun being a 28 old man who has nothing else to do than go to the library to read every day.
>>
>>18673710
I can relate. I was depressed in high school so I pushed away a lot of potential friendships.

I've accepted that it's not something that I can change and that feelings of regret aren't productive.

Another way of thinking about it is that these experiences were necessary to become successful as who I am today
>>
If it makes you feel any better OP, I'm in the same boat, although have a year left to finish uni. Haven't a single friend since 9th grade (10 years ago; I dropped out of high school),

My advisors keep telling me to try find other extracurricular activities on campus. Many people are robots on campus, so we're not the only ones. Don't compare yourself to Chads and Staceys.
>>
>>18673710
>How do you guys get past regrets?
I move forward and become better than everyone else.
>>
piece of advice for those who are still in college:
Just start introducing yourself to EVERYONE. In a class? Introduce yourself to the teacher and the people in your classes. Random person on campus with a cool shirt? Say hi. In an elevator for the dorms with some random chick? Ask her what major shes in and act very interested.
People love confident and charismatic people, and if youre just one of those guys who sits and sulks in their chair during lecture without knowing a single person, youre doing it wrong.
t. a junior in computer engineering
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.