[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Next step with a blind date?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1483394050445.jpg (112KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1483394050445.jpg
112KB, 640x640px
I won a free dinner for two at a nice restaurant that my company owns. I didn't have a date, and didn't want to bring some girl that likes me who would get the wrong idea.

So I was kind of joking but last night I asked my friend if she knew any attractive single girls that wanted a free dinner at the restaurant with me, expecting she would laugh it off or suggest some girl I'd decline. Instead, this morning, she suggested her cute friend that is an attorney, I said she was attractive, and an hour later, I have this attorney's number.

Now I'm sitting here with the number of a girl I don't know, and I can't even redeem this free dinner until after the 12th of September, so like two weeks from now.

What the fuck should I say? I was thinking of texting her and seeing if she wanted to meet up for happy hour next week so we didn't have to sit through a long dinner together. Does that make sense? Ideas?
>>
>>18673561
Sure you can always have a predate. It shows initiative. But if you fuck it up. Your going to the dinner alone. Or still go to the dinner and talk about anything and everything. Either way she wants to go on a date with you. Your holding the cards.
>>
>>18673589

Well, if the pre-date sucks for whatever reason, we go our separate ways and I save the dinner for a later time. I can use it any time after the 12th.
>>
I would talk to her a bit before actually going for the dinner or going out thing...

But I'm quite a different guy, beauty is not enough for me.
>>
>>18673561
Meeting before hand kind of defeats the purpose of a blind date.
Did your mutual friend tell her about you? Or just gave you her number?
I was set up on a blind date once and was told to meat somewhere at a certain time. Only given her name and a pic of her.
Don't go into this looking for a potential girlfriend, go into it looking for a nice dinner with someone new to meet.
If sparks fly, cool, if not, then you had a nice dinner and conversation and you'll go your separate ways.
>>
>>18673665

The whole thing is that I don't want to go to a nice dinner with a girl I already know I'm not into that way, or a guy, especially knowing it's like $50 a plate. I don't have anyone I'm into at the moment, and haven't met anyone in a while, so I figured this was a fun and stupid way to go on a date with someone. If it sucks, it barely cost me anything, and I have a story to tell. If she's awesome, it's another good story to tell.

>>18673731

She told her about me, and I'm pretty sure shared my Facebook and job title and all of that silly shit. I just feel like it's weird to agree to a date more than two weeks from now, and be stuck spending two hours together and learning we don't like each other.

I can't even lock in a night for dinner until this VP comes back from vacation on the 12th.
>>
>>18673825
Tell her that.

"I wanna meet you at dinner, it will be a fun experience!" Or something.
But I think there should be a bit of conversation, at least, so she will feel safe to go with you.
>>
>>18673825
That's kind of the "thrill" of going on a blind date. You don't know if you're gonna love it or hate it.
I'm assuming you're pretty young(~25) so it's not like if this goes to shit, you're fucked and die without any children.
>>
>>18673836

I'm still happy to grab a couple of drinks though... I don't want to waste a nice dinner on a terrible person either. There's gotta be some conversation, I agree, but I don't want to try to keep up anything for two to three weeks without meeting, either.

>>18673856

I'm 30, but I'm not going to be unhappy if this doesn't work out. A blind date for drinks with the promise of a nice meal a week later or so isn't that bad.

I'm also super confident in my ability to get along with someone on the first date.
>>
File: Duck Man.jpg (54KB, 494x467px) Image search: [Google]
Duck Man.jpg
54KB, 494x467px
>>18673561

God, you really fucking disappointed me with that title. I thought you were talking about dating a blind chick. I have a few fetish for disabled chicks so that really got me going and I was thinking reading your post would let me live vicariously a little bit. But no, its just some fucking stupid 'blind date.' Fuck off.
>>
>>18673885

fuck you duckman
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.