[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A Career Without College

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: office140212co.png (370KB, 620x318px) Image search: [Google]
office140212co.png
370KB, 620x318px
I'm a 20 year old guy. I graduated high school in 2016 (got held back in 6th grade due to relocating and not going to school)

Since iv'e graduated high school, iv'e been selling online. And that is Ok, makes me enough for now. but it's not a career, its unstable, it can be gone at any moment.

I just want a career, without having to go to college or a trade school where I spend over 10 grand. I don't want to go to college because I don't think I have the intelligence for something like engineering, and the only thing I would enjoy studying, (History) is a pretty useless degree. The reason i'm hesitant to go to trade schools is because they feel kind of scammy and are very expensive.

I want something where I can start off at the bottom, and work my way up, something in a respectable field.

Iv'e tried hard to find something like this, but I can't find anything. Everyone wants years of experience and/or a degree or certification. I feel useless. But I don't know what I did wrong

Is there anything like this out there?
>>
How much are you making doing online sales? I'm about the same age as you selling cars and I'm doing pretty good.
>>
why the fuck would you want a career? why not simply keep selling stuff, if you already have the experience? sell more expensive stuff, learn more about it, ...
or, you could learn, say, programming WHILE selling stuff, and apply your knowledge to improve your income, or whatever
careers suck, only a few people make it to the top... which is why they are called "careers" in the first place.
also, yes, not having a degree or formal upper education WILL limit your possibilities.
>>
>>18673426
>How much are you making doing online sales? I'm about the same age as you selling cars and I'm doing pretty good.
Iv'e made 11k YTD. But thats gross income. I do make a lot more during the holidays. Maybe 18-20k net by the end of the year? It's not bad, but iv'e had listings removed by Amazon, scared of getting banned. I got banned on Ebay when I was in high school. But I was dumb then

>>18673436
I just don't know what i'm going to be doing 5-10 years from now. Will what i'm doing right now still work then? I doubt it, i'd have to adapt, but I guess thats in any field. I don't necessairly want to "make it to the top" in a career, just start out somewhere, get promoted end up making like $40-50k a year. I live frugally so I don't really want or need to make six figures

I do like the idea of learning programming on my own. That's a good idea
>>
>>18673421
find a different technical school, the one in my city is $4000 for 900 hours of class and you get an apprenticeship which will almost guarantee a job after graduation.
>>
>>18673421
>I want something where I can start off at the bottom, and work my way up, something in a respectable field.
Like what? Can you even think of a career field in the world that accepts unskilled labor in a manner where they can become anything more than a mid-level manager someplace? Because I can't.
>>
I go to a trade school for free because of fasfa, look at community colleges for welding or electrical work and find something that fits. It's enjoyable imo.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.