[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting a tattoo/boyfriend doesn't approve

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0501.jpg (44KB, 467x700px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0501.jpg
44KB, 467x700px
So my grandmother passed away 5 years and since then I've wanted a tattoo in memory of her. I knew exactly what I was gonna get. Now that I'm old enough, have enough money, and have the perfect drawing and placement of the tattoo I'm looking to get it within the next few weeks. I just learned jUst how upset it makes my boyfriend (he said he really loves my skin and he thinks it's not pretty) I've been dating him for two years and I'm not letting it stop me. I'm still gonna get the tattoo. I just don't know how I'm gonna feel about the fact that there will be a part of my body he doesn't like and I'm kinda scared of what he's gonna be like when I'm getting it and all that. Idk how to go about it?? Any thoughts?
>>
You sure he isn't queer? Tattoos are a plus.
>>
>>18673394
Just explain to him how much your grandmother meant to you, and if he's a good bf he'd understand and support you in your decision.
>>
>>18673642
>Muh taste is the best
How insufferable

>>18673394
What exactly did he say to you?
>>
>>18673642
Tattoos are one of the big red flags that say "I'm a massive whore", so I tend to avoid them.
As far as your question OP, if you really care about the relationship then don't do it. I probably can't talk you out of it but it doesn't really matter to me because I don't know you. Tattoos make a woman look cheap and trashy, I don't care how " beautiful" the design is. If you are going to do something that your boyfriend has expressed clear discontent over then I wouldn't expect your relationship to be perfect.
Personally, I would probably leave your ass if you pulled that shit with me but I'm not your boyfriend so I couldn't tell you how he would react.
>>
>>18673642
>Tattoos are a plus.
Like with HIV, having a + isn't always good
>>
>>18673394
He may break up with you, or just deal with it, he will most certainly find you less physically attractive though. Don't get a fucking tattoo for "the memory of your dead grandma." Thats the stupidest shit iv'e ever heard
>>
>>18673675
I mentioned that tomorrow is the day I find out when I can actually get the tattoo (I had surgery recently so I need to get cleared by my doc first just to be safe) and he clearly changed his demeanor and made a face and I got some snark when he said okay so I just asked if he was gonna be that way the whole time and he said "oh very much so" and when I asked what he was planning on doing when it came to telling me and he told me he wanted to cross that bridge when we came to it and I said no we need to talk about it and he just said idk you know I don't like them and I love your skin so you know where I stand and that was it
>>
>>18673898
you're both right

tattoos are generally shit, and he is being a controlling snob

I would do anything to get rid of this tattoo, not for some snob fuck, but for myself. I wish I didn't run and have some degen pump into into my veins because I was desperate after losing someone I loved

it's a cheap fix. maybe it'll help you feel better about your grandmother, but there's a good chance you'll come to regret it.

the smaller and less of a tattoo it is, the better. if it's just your grandmother's name very tiny, then you'll probably regret it less

also get the best tattoo you possibly can. every little detail is going to matter. the amount of skill the artist has is really really going to matter. this is permanent.
>>
>>18673914
The tattoo I want is a really personalized hummingbird that I drew with my cousin who's an artist and has his own tattoo artist I'm driving four hours to meet with every detail in the bird and the bird itself has a meaning so not only is it to remind me of my grandma but is has plenty other meaning to me. I wanted it in my inner arm since it's the only tattoo I plan on getting I didn't want it to be in too much of a random spot I wanted to be able to look at it and be able to hide it for a job if I needed to. But yeah I don't want to give up on this bc I know I'm always gonna want it. It's been five years now and it's still a major want of mine. I just really value my relationship with him and idk what to do. I hate stepping over his feelings but it's important to me ...
>>
>>18674101
My trashy college friends get similar tattoos in similar areas. You're basically gonna be walking around with a tramp stamp to anyone who doesn't know about your dead grandmother motivations. Like holy shit a humming bird lmao.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.