[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Friend Resents Me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

One of my friends – Jimmy - is extremely rich yet unhappy. His wife recently divorced him, and because I wanted to help him through it I roomed with him. During the course of living together, I noticed that he spent most his time watching anime and dramas instead of working or meeting people. His money was all passive income and his friends – every last one of them – is an employee that he’s paying, with the exception of myself (although I was employed by him in the past, which was how I met him).

I moved to a nearby city six months ago to start a business and have found success– yet I have found remaining friends with Jimmy to be impractical. He clearly resents my lifestyle and success, always making sarcastic remarks in response to nearly anything I ask him. For example, I recently invited him to visit me on the upcoming weekend, to which he said, “I guess I’ll need to arrange my schedule and plan around your busy lifestyle.”

Jimmy hasn’t visited me since I moved, despite my frequent invites, and has remained sequestered in his small apartment, resenting me. We have discussed a couple business ventures together on the phone, and both times showed me a side of Jimmy I don’t quite understand. Both times, Jimmy asks me to put a large sum of money upfront – say $50,000 – into a joint business account, to which I don’t agree.
(cont)
>>
I simply don’t have that much capital to throw around, unlike Jimmy. In addition, I want to plan the business strategy before putting up capital, and this upsets Jimmy, as he believes I move to slowly. Both times we have discussed businesses, he tells me shortly after that he has started the business without me.

Here’s the scary part. I learned from a mutual friend – one of Jimmy’s employees – that he has not started any new businesses. A few days ago, I nonchalantly ask Jimmy how the two businesses were doing, and he responded with lies. I know they are lies both because of what the mutual friend had told me and because of the impossibility of what Jimmy had told me (i.e., He had bought a hotel and was renting it out at $2k per night, with every night booked; the online business we had discussed was already up and running, but he couldn’t show me the website because it was private and password-encoded).

I need advice. Should I continue being friends with him? Should I tell him I know he’s lying? Why can’t he accept that I’m successful?
>>
>>18673290
Sounds like those business "deals" are a way for him to get quick cash. He has an underlying problem he's not addressing. He was misrible in his marriage right? Well he still is. He uses shows to blanket the real issue. That's why he's a passive aggressive asshole. You should tell him that straight up. Be real with him because no one else is.
>>
>>18673298
Be straight with him. Realize this. People strive to overcome and go over the next obstacle. It goes on forever. This jimmy made it, he hasn't set new goals and he's miserable for it. When that happens many people spread there misery like a disease. It's a cry for help. Doesn't mean you have to help him, it's not your problem. But you said it yourself he's miserable. How do miserable people feel good? By bringing others down. Tell him how it is. Don't tip toe around bullshit other people throw at you.
>>
>>18673306
I think you're right, and I've had similar thoughts about him before. I've tried to have discussions about it with him, but he gets extremely defensive and even makes awful excuses to physically remove himself to avoid the conversation. For example, the last time I brought up his conversation style (always turning a topic to himself), he said, "Wait, I want to be fully focused on this conversation, and I cannot pay attention because I have other things on my mind. Let's talk about this after I get a coffee."

He then got up, made a coffee, and hid in his room the entire day. I was in the living room waiting for him to come back and finish the conversation for an hour before I realized that he wasn't coming back. This happened a few times. I've sent emails about some of his issues, but he ignores them, and if I ask him if he got my email in person, he feigns ignorance.
>>
>>18673338
It's apparent he doesn't want to face his demons. Not much you can do but move on.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.