[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just bought a lemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Lemon-Whole-Split.jpg (102KB, 1280x615px) Image search: [Google]
Lemon-Whole-Split.jpg
102KB, 1280x615px
I'm going to Green text this because I'm too stupid to construct proper sentences.
Preface: I have a really hard time saying no to anyone

>Really in need of a car
>Friend who is a car expert is away for a few weeks so I go without him
>Go to used car dealership by my house (it was in walking distance)
>salesman comes out, tells me to call him "Slick"
>Shows me around the lot, brings me to a 2007 Nissan Altima
>167k miles
>I already know it's a piece of shit but he's insistent on me test driving and buying
>Drive it around a block
>Come back, he has signing papers ready
>Too nervous to say no
>Buy the car outright for $4,300
>Whatever, at least it drives
>Next morning attempt to drive to DMV to register it
>Battery is dead
>Slick won't answer the phone number he gave me

I'm pretty certain I've been scammed or conned or whatever. What can I do about this?
>>
>>18673223
The fact that they even have a dedicated term in the used car market for scam cars should have been enough to deter you from buying used. Try getting a new car next time lad
>>
>>18673223
Replace the battery, a consumable item being worn out (tires, lights, brakes, fluids) in a car isn't indicative of being a lemon. If issues with transmission or the engine that require extensive labour to fix then its a lemon.
>>
>>18673223
>not going with someone who knows cars
>buying straight away
Wew lad.
As off what you can do, go back to the dealer and demand a refund. If it's bad enough, complain to whatever gov't section deals with fair trade.
>>
>>18673232
>t. car salesman
>try buying a new car and throwing handfuls of money out the window as you drive off the lot
Ding dong you are wrong.
Don't buy from Big Al's Beater Emporium and you'll be fine.

OP: go back to the dealership. If they get shitty, start telling customers what they did. They'll turn around real quick.
>>
>>18673223
op, you need to grow a fucking spine. You just spent 4.3k outright and didn't even THINK twice about it. Did you even try to haggle the price down? Let this be a lesson to you to harden up. Learn how how to say no. It's ok to be selfish, stop worrying about 'slick' and worry about you. If you could've even knocked it down to 4 grand that 300 saved would take care of this battery problem and you'd have enough left over to get a nice dinner. You could've done it too. Undoubtedly the car had dings, rust on the frames, maybe faded paint, old wheels, etc.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.