[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

best friend and love?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1504124102565[1].jpg (361KB, 1000x1502px) Image search: [Google]
1504124102565[1].jpg
361KB, 1000x1502px
Hi /adv/,

I have a best friend (25 like me) who I also am deeply in love with. She has those feelings for me as well, but just ended a very long term relationship (8 years) and still lives with her now ex-boyfriend. We told each other about our feelings half a year back, when I fell in love with her and she still was in this relationship. We haven't "done" anything yet. No, we didn't fuck and we didn't kiss. Although both of us really want to this wouldn't be "right".

She will not have any of those things with me in the near future and she won't have them "for fun" if we don't get more serious in the direction of relationship. That she is still living with her ex, whom she "will always love", and the fact that nothing big has happened in the last half year is eating me up and I consider moving on, even though I don't think I will love someone so deeply in the next years. Both her and her girlfriend think their relationship was lacking something and they most probably won't pick it up again (but I am not 100% sure, I know not that much about their situation).

The thing is that I have depression and suicidal tendencies. Without her (as my best friend) I won't stand through this. Calling her was the thing preventing me from jumping when we had no contact for a month.

I can not build up distance to get away from her and I can not get together with her anytime soon, if at all, and that's breaking me over and over again. What should I do?
>>
>>18673119
>still lives with her now ex-boyfriend

Do you know for sure the relationship is actually over? Does she have kids with him?

>I consider moving on
that's the correct move
>>
>>18673119
>still lives with her now ex-boyfriend.
>still living with her ex, whom she "will always love"
Are you pretending to be retarded?
>>
>>18673137
On most levels it is over. I don't have the insight to say more. She doesn't have kids with him, no. He also has depressions and she didn't dare to leave him like this.

How to move on without killing myself on the way by losing my best friend?

>>18673143
If retarded means in love, then yes.
>>
I feel like women in general do not like men who they view is liabilities. She may love you back but in the end the fact that is her helping you out with your depression makes you a liability to her.

Women look for men who can help them through tough times more so then they look for people who they can't help. That's just the way people are in general.

I think if she really thought you were a good enough choice, you would be dating at this point right? Anyhow, there's no shame in having problems, but I think you should move on.
>>
>>18673156
>How to move on without killing myself on the way by losing my best friend?
if she isn't letting you put the dick inside then she is just stinging you along. Realizing you deserve better than to be her back up emotional crutch would be a good first step towards extricating yourself from the shit show that is her life.
>>
>>18673174
Sorry, I typed too fast, but what I mean is "more so then they look for people who they can help"
>>
>>18673174
I am in fact helping her with quite deep problems of her childhood as well. She told me she needed me as much as I need her. Which makes it even harder to just walk away, as she depends on me as well.

She doesn't think I am at the moment a good enough choice with some of my flaws, that are all very related to the depression. I can be very harmful with my words in my lowest moments. But this is something I will work on and change regardless of her.

Guys, I see that I should move on. But how should I do it without losing my best friend? The trigger of my depression is that I feel utterly alone and lost, without anyone to care for me. If I lose her as my most important person, I will fall into a bottomless pit. I don't really have other friends or family I feel so deeply connected to.
>>
>>18673192
dude she is dicking her current live together boyfriend right now while you piss and moan about how sad about this you are. Its pretty sad and you shouldn't feel bad for moving on, youll get over it.
>>
>>18673175
She has so high moral standards that she wouldn't have told me she feels that way in the first place. In the beginning she even told me there was no future for us just so I could move on and she could handle her shit.

But she just couldn't bear it that way.
>>
>>18673197
Yes, it's possible. I don't know what they are doing right now, but it's possible. That hurts even more, but can't make me get away from her, sadly.
>>
>>18673192
The reason shes not in a relationship with you is because you aren't emotionally(I don't know about your financials or material wealth) a better choice than her ex. You aren't an upgrade, people learn from relationships, they learn what they want and don't want, you don't have or have enough of what she wants.

A woman can be completely compatible with a hobo but she still wouldn't be with him because hes a hobo (extreme example but point stands)

You're stuck between a rock and a hard place. Without her you fall into a deeper depression but the status quo also depresses you because you can't be with her.

You best option is to keep the status quo until you find a something that can pull you out of your depression/rut thats not her. Right now you need her as a best friend lest you become more depressed, but thats not a long term solution.

Go to therapy, do what you need to not be depressed without her. Don't expect anything to happen with her. Don't leave her yet, fix yourself without using her. Good luck anon, some random stranger on the internet believes in you
>>
>>18673192
You need to facw your fear of abandonment head-on if you want to make progress with this aspect of your life. Someone who was truly romantically interested in you would date you in spite of your flaws. This is more on her in that respect. She says she "needs you as much as you need her"; well, maybe you really don't need her as much as you think you do. If you can learn to stand on your own two feat, the confidence that goes with it will attract other, more deserving girls. She isn't worth your time; the fact that she lives with her ex makes this incredibly messy, and what's to say she won't go back to him at any point if you two were to actually get together?
>>
>>18673206
Thanks a lot, random stranger! That really means something.

The choice would be emotionally, I am quite sure about that.

That is, in fact, the best answer I read so far. Thanks again! I am in theraoy for more than half that year and progressed very much. But it's still a very long run.
>>
>>18673208
You're most probably right. Thank you!

I hope I don't need her as much as I believe. And the fear that she goes back to him would be most probably there, unless something "big" happens. Which is very unlikely.
>>
>i have a cuck fetish if i dont fulfill i will kill myself

people like op should just do it, tbvh
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.