[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to not get torn apart/isolated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: 1503829525143.jpg (51KB, 600x1213px) Image search: [Google]
1503829525143.jpg
51KB, 600x1213px
I'm in a bit of a dilemma here. I'm going to be applying for some courses in a training service and finally escape NEETdom which I have been in for almost 2 years. I'm 18 btw.

The thing is, I have autism and some anxiety, but failure is not an option.

What can I, a person with no social circle, do to survive plunging headfirst into education after 2 years of isolation? Any help would be much appreciated.
>>
>>18672906

It's gonna be hard, but you can probably pull it off. Having more stuff going on in your life can actually counteract depression and anxiety.
As for your autism, remember that social skills are skills: you can practice them, develop them. The better you get, the easier interaction will be, the way being stronger makes it easier to lift the same amount of weight.

Also, if you can, talk to a shrink. Maybe get some meds, at least to get you through the early rough part.

Good luck!
>>
File: 8061c29888c66c4395d412498ba5eeda.jpg (153KB, 720x1022px) Image search: [Google]
8061c29888c66c4395d412498ba5eeda.jpg
153KB, 720x1022px
>>18672906
When you said you have autism, you literally have diagnosed autism or you're just considering yourself a bit socially retarded?

Either way, don't worry, you can do it. My advice is just go for it and do what you have to do, everything else will come naturally.

This coming from a 18yo guy with severe social anxiety and depression. After 3 years being a neet, i just realized i NEED to do something with my life. I'm at college now, taking some courses and sometimes i go out with old friends i've made on highschool. Its really hard, but manageable.
>>
>>18672906
>The thing is, I have autism and some anxiety, but failure is not an option.

Brofist!
>>
you are 18 it should be alright

I'm 27 and have no social circle cos I fucked everything up and ghosted everyone when I was younger and depressed.

now everyone I interact with has their own social circles and its difficult to infiltrate them from scratch.
>>
File: 1494816491446.jpg (58KB, 489x410px) Image search: [Google]
1494816491446.jpg
58KB, 489x410px
>>18672918
thanks for the advice, looks like im just going to have to knuckle down and get out of my comfort zone

>>18672977
i actually have a legit mild autism diagnosis i got when i was 12, but thank you, im just gonna go for it and not overthink about it

>>18672987
thanks for the morale boost, i think i just need to look at it from a positive mindset.
>>
>>18673002
that's why failure isn't an option for me, i dont want to look back on this years down the road wondering what could have been
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.