[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice moving on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 0

I went through a breakup from my first serious relationship a few months ago and am trying my best to move on from it. I've deleted pictures, messages social media links etc...

The problem is I occasionally get upset about it I get into a frantic mood which is unlike me and end up logging into her social accounts as she gave me her password and never changed it. I always feel like a terrible person afterwards but I'm too weak to stop myself, and I know it's stopping me from moving forward.

I can't let her know (i.e tell her to change them) as we have mutual friends and would be v difficult, but I need to find a way to stop myself in the future or make it impossible for myself to gain access again. I'm aware this is a huge lack of self restraint and I should just not do it but I can't.

Any advice?
>>
>>18672789
While I never went as far as to log into her social media accounts I did continue to check up on my ex's blog and facebook all the time after our breakup. It helped me to use a firefox addon that blocked certain URLs because it made me pause after spontaneously entering the URL and that pause was usually enough to make me realize that checking up on her shit wasn't worth it. It's still hard now a full year later but blocking her URLs was an important step for moving on for me.
>>
>>18672789

Blue board
>>
>>18672904
Cheers man yeh I think that could help a lot, just an extra barrier to be like, this isn't actually what I want to do
>>
>>18672789
Ive been through this multiple times. Wish I could say it was easy. In fact right now I still get anxious thinking about my ex and I'm with another woman already.

Most breakups are never easy, especially if it's from a serious relationship. You're taking good steps, but only you can stop yourself from logging into her social media. That alone probably wont fix everything, but time will. I feel nothing for my exes, except my most recent one because it's still fresh. However, I know eventually I'll move on. Just needs time.
>>
>>18672789
Change her passwords without telling her.

She'll assume she got hacked and she'll be forced to change her passwords again herself and (assuming she's not dumb enough to use the same password after a hack attempt) you'll have successfully locked yourself out.

Godspeed anon, don't make yourself suffer anymore.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.