[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wanting to be in a relationship is weakness?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: corinth1546.png (492KB, 660x664px) Image search: [Google]
corinth1546.png
492KB, 660x664px
Is wanting to be in a relationship a form of weakness? I can only say this cause' I am 24 and have slept with 11 people responsibly (I've been attached to all of them in some way or another) and have been in a relationship with like 4 of them. I've seen people post on here about how it physically pains them to not have someone to love but I am at the point where I see it as a weakness, that you can't be alone and stoic in the face of carnal desire. Is it a weakness?
>>
What do you expect ? Should I put up together a list of 100 random rules and claim that rule 48 is that wanting a relationship is a weakness ?

How can you be so naive ? How can you take random blokes on the internet so seriously ?

>inb4 you'll probably get mixed answers, "no" coming from reasonable people and "yes" coming from chads and alike.
>>
File: shrekko.jpg (16KB, 353x334px) Image search: [Google]
shrekko.jpg
16KB, 353x334px
>>18672639
Are you drunk? I get the greentext but what? I want opinions not some unspoken convention you literal sperg, fuck.
>>
It is if we're talking about codependency. I have around the same number of confirmed kills as you but I have a hard time putting up with their bs. It's the same as money desu. Once you've gotten what you've longed for you just want something else afterwards. Too many Bros putting women on pedestals.
>>
>>18672672
I totally feel this in a sense, like you'll get complacent is the issue. You learn all their nuances and minor quirks & quips then eventually get bored in the norm of it all; lusting after the next best think. Much like money, yes; You can earn so much and then need more for something bigger. But then I have had girls who I would go back to for a while or even consider being with because they tick so many boxes. Like I am at the point where I am so happy and feel strong for being alone (not fapping to excess to delude my expectations or cessate some urge) but I live in a place where everyone wants you to be in a relationship and procreate. But yeah it goes back to not wanting to tolerate the bs... I just want some opinions...
>>
File: gxowm85k.jpg (245KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
gxowm85k.jpg
245KB, 600x750px
>>18672631

Although I've never been in a real relationship ( only ons) I see myself wanting one because I'd like having someone to wake up to and to love. From what I heard, you learn alot about yourself through romantic relationships, more so than any other form.
That being said I feel slight contempt for people who need a relationship in order to function and in fear of confronting one's self. My ex-roommate comes to mind. I've never seen her spend a night alone and now that she has a boyfriend he's at her place every day of the week. There's something so attractive about the autonomy of cat-like people.

>>18672672
>Too many Bros putting women on pedestals
I have no problem attracting women at first but when she happens to have a personality I admire and would like to "copy" I can't help but glorify her and put her on a pedestal. It's ruining my chances with great girls cause they always freak out how strong I'm coming off. How do I not do this anymore?

>>18672684
>I am so happy and feel strong for being alone
Nice, my man. Tell me your secrets
>>
>>18672727
Only once (was that a typo?)? Yeah for me it's similar; you know it would be nice to cook for someone and groom to be well presented for them but the >secrets are doing these things for yourself. To bring up the most overused cliche trope 'you have to learn to love yourself before you love other people' but truthfully it's only possible for me to do so having been with some people and having been a part of their 'world' fully. I have lived so many shades and learnt empathy by seeing the absolutes of these worlds. Find a fuck buddy anon and learn her, get attached but don't hang on her . Also your whole copying point is near suicidal and yes it is definitely ruining your chances. You have to learn yourself and florish from within, the issue is this doesn't happen for some people until they saturate themselves with the affairs of others; maybe what you are doing is a step in the right direction but objectify it and be rational; you will never be someone else and you can only be yourself.
>>
>>18672753
my greentext didn't work, that's embarrassing sage
>>
>>18672753
>but truthfully it's only possible for me to do so having been with some people and having been a part of their 'world' fully.
It's a catch22. How can you love yourself when the people you (want to) love won't love you?
I'm just experiencing the worst heartache I've ever had because of a girl I "dated". She had a narcisstic and cold personality but she was in many ways one of the most fascinating person I've met in real life. People like her just have that magical "thing" and I have a hard time not admiring such personalities and standing up for myself when I have no problems not letting people walk over me otherwise. Of course no one could love a doormat. But how could you be in a relationship with someone you didn't admire and think greatly of, let alone love? Wouldn't that just be too coward to face loneliness? I have the feeling only people who could love anyone could love me :(
>>
>>18672631

Being lonely hurts more for some people than for others. People need different things.

Talking about it in terms of "weakness" isn't gonna lead you to any accurate conclusions.
>>
I'm going to bed I will check it in 10 hours if it's up.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.