[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can't drive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: KWrB7XX9.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
KWrB7XX9.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
How did you guys learn how to drive?
I have no car, no transportation and I haven't been taught. Well, I did drive my Granddads big ass Ford F150 every once in a while on his property, but it's been years and he's passed away since then.
I'm mainly afraid of driving on the pavement with other idiots. I've been in a few crashes when I was young, and not one of them were the drivers fault. I just can't relax on the roads.
No one but my granddad was willing to teach me. So, how did you guys do it?
>>
>>18672564

google: driving courses near me

Also >not one of them were the drivers fault

?
>>
I learned in a shitty 10 year old car with balled tires and a slippery clutch in an icy parking lot.
I highly recommend learning stick in the most shitty environment you can find. I can pretty much drive anything now after that.
>>
>>18672576

"Bald," my friend.

Not "balled".
>>
>>18672580
I was thinking I spelt that wrong. Never bothered to look up how to spell that.
>>
>>18672564
Well my dad stuck me in the drivers seat of a 5 speed manual transmission 1990 jeep Cherokee and I made two loops around a parking lot before taking it on the highway for a multi day road trip. Terrifying but effective.
>>
>>18672568
I never got a license either. I failed a driving test miserably. Passed the written test (permit) just fine.
- I was a passenger in all the accidents I have been in. For instance it's pitch black, the other car had no headlights on and was in our lane. The most scary thing I ever experienced by far.
>>
>>18672597

You just need experience behind the wheel 2bh.

I went from being pretty scared of driving to commuting 100 miles daily for my job. Ask a friend to borrow his car or pay for driving lessons. If you don't have enough money/friends to do either, you probably won't have enough money to buy a car or get gas anyway.
>>
>>18672720
>Commuting 100 miles for a job
For your sake, I hope you make at the very least 60k a year.
>>
>>18672770

It's 100 miles both ways (50 miles one way).

And no, I don't make 60k. I do it for free.

I actually do it for free. It's a complicated situation that's actually pretty depressing, but we're focusing on getting the OP to be comfortable behind the wheel!
>>
I can't ride bycicle.
But i never had interest for it.
Same with car. Too many idiots on the street. Be it a driver or walker
>>
>>18672796
My sincerest condolences.
But yeah, OP!
>>18672564
You gotta get a friend, family member or pay someone to help you out. Driving really isn't hard, even though dummies make it look hard. It's all about being comfortable behind a wheel, which if you have a place that does go-karting, try doing that.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.