[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gf is pregnant and turns out she's Jewish

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

>meet qt on okc
>We start dating for like 3 years
>Surprise! I get her pregnant
>We're not going to kill the baby
>We're having a boy
>She starts talking about "brit milah"
>"It's what Jews call circumcision
>"Wait what? You're Jewish?"

We NEVER had the religion talk and she NEVER celebrated any Jewish holidays. We hardly ever see her atheist parents or non-existent extended family. The Jewish thing never came up. Hell she didn't start thinking about her "faith" until month 4 of the pregnancy.

I have no problem with Jews, but I'm a Catholic and more importantly I'm VERY anti circumcision. I always assumed we'd be a Catholic family but my gf seems to want to pursue Judaism. How the hell do I share my concerns about what faith we'll follow and more importantly that I don't want my son circumcised?
>>
>>18672334
You don't.

After giving it a lot of thought, your situation is pathetic.
You are considering religions a serious problem, possibly a future cause of a breakup

Dude. I ask you : why ? Just fuck it and become a reasonable atheist. What the fuck is the point in following any religion if it literally breaks relationships ? Is this what jesus wanted to happen ?
>>
Some ideas:
>Talk to her very carefully about the danger of circumcision.
>Maybe you could try to get in contact with an more modern jewish commuity (Some donĀ“t circumcise] Or just an openminded jew.
>Get an bit educated on the subject
>>
>>18672334
You are religious and you never talked with her about religion? you fucked up.
And tell her that you dont want your son circumcised as she never told you about being jewish.
>>
>>18672360
>>18672368
I'm not such a hardcore Catholic that I'd break apart my family over it. I'm not going to break up with her, I'm worried about how to approach this circumcision thing.

My worries about how we'll practice faith as a family are a distant secondary concern.
>>
>>18672395
Have you told her already that you dont agree with circumcision?
>>
>>18672395
I don't know what kind of Jew she is, but if she's even relatively serious then she'll consider circumcision to be the number one commandment in Judaism. It is the sign of God's covenant with Abraham.

Otherwise it's possible you can compromise and have one of those fake briss things. If your son is serious about Judaism he can always get circumcised as an adult, you can't really un-circumcise someone though.
>>
>>18672411
As a 4chan autist I want some advice before I dive into this because like >>18672415 says, circumcision is serious business for Jews. I hope we can come up with some compromise but I will not stand for my son to be mutilated.
>>
>>18672424
Then as I have mentioned ( >>18672360 ) both of you should keep to the rational side of things. Do a little google search if circumcision causes any health issues and if so then simply don't allow it. Not in the name of jesus - only for your son's well being.
>>
>>18672424
Why is it so important for her to circumcise your son if she is not even practicing?
>>
2/2 - Make her understand this. If she refuses then woe be you, shit will get serious
>>
>>18672334
If you care about your child don't let her circumsize him. All it will do is desensitized him later in life. The head of a penis without foreskin will be rubbed on pants/underwear and eventually lose sensitivity. It'll take time but he once it happens he will forever think lesser of both of you for doing it to him.

Circumsicion is an outdated cruel practice. If there is a place to put your foot down for your son, this is it.
>>
>>18672334
More children in the US die every year from complications due to circumcision than are abducted, and the majority of those kids that are abducted are returned safely within 2 days of being reported missing. The kids murdered by fraud doctors mutilating infants for shekels never come back.
>>
>>18672461
I should add that there are no advantages of circumcision either. It doesn't prevent t masturbation or sex before marriage. The best the child will ever get out of it is not getting teased by other circumsized boys. You would never in a million years allow your daughter to have her genetails mutilated, so why would you ever allow your son?

I was circumsized by my Christian parents and left the religion when I was about 14. I love them, but I will always carry this scar of displeasure because they couldn't stop and see the big picture.
>>
Its 2017 wtf are you talking about
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.