[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ADHD and Anxiety Advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: strattera-250.jpg (101KB, 250x291px) Image search: [Google]
strattera-250.jpg
101KB, 250x291px
Hey guys I'm going to try to keep this relatively short and easy to digest, but basically I need help picking what kind of ADHD and anxiety meds that I should be on. I'm a 2nd year college student and during my first year it was really difficult to concentrate during lectures or retain any information when trying to study. I still made good grades but I used energy drinks and caffeine pills to supplement actual concentration and energy. I talked to my parents about it recently and apparently I had previously been diagnosed with adhd as a kid when i was 4 or 5 and my mother refused to put me on ritalin because she didn't want me to turn into a robot. Hearing that made me consider what my life would have been like if I had been able to concentrate on school during my youth and whether or not I'd be studying at a better university right now or just having a better life in general. Im also pretty sure I have general anxiety disorder but I wont get too deep into that, to keep this relatively short.

My question is, what kind of ADHD meds do you guys think work best for someone who has had this kind of problem for a while? I've done some light research so far on meds like strattera and modafinil, and possible Lexapro for anxiety. I don't want to get on any scheduled drugs like adderall or xanax because I dont want to get addicted to that shit. My roomate is also on Lexapro and Strattera and he says its helped him a lot in terms of studying and he now talks to tall of his professors after class and is experiencing better grades as a result.

In terms of being able to acquire these drugs, I'm going to the same psychologist as my roomate and he said it was pretty easy to just name drop a non scheduled drug like lexapro or strattera and get the prescribed if you just seemed genuine when describing your situation and didnt seem like you were just trying to get high.

So what do you guys think? Any advice is really appreciated
>>
How about you see a doctor?
>>
File: 1494031333238.jpg (144KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1494031333238.jpg
144KB, 1920x1080px
>>18671505
I'm about to go see a psychologist and get evaluated, I just wanted to get some advice before hand just to be sure I wasn't getting shafted with an ssri like prozac or something.That and I'm interested to see what other ADHD medication user's experiences on them are like to see if its something I would even want to do in the first place.
>>
>>18671511
Not an unreasonable question, but these drugs works diffrently on diffrent ppl and in diffrent dosage so there's going to be a bit of trial and error going on anyway. I'd say finding a doctor you trust is probably your best path to success.
>>
>>18671505
This.

Why would you think an SSRI is 'getting shafted'? You clearly know very little about medication, I strongly suggest you get offline and just take your doctor's advice when you meet with them.
>>
>>18671521
>>18671523
Yeah I realised pretty early on while doing research that I'm going to have to basically just try out meds that my doctor recommends and try something else if they don't start to work after a few months. I'm mostly just making this post to see what other people's experiences are Like, as I've heard there are some unpleasant side effects associated with adhd meds that might outweigh their benefits such as not being able to sleep or eat on occasion or not being able to enjoy leisure activities or everyday conversations. I'm looking to see if the pros of being on meds outweighs the side effects that you wouldn't get if you were to just try to deal with not being able to pay attention on your own
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.