[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do guys act this way?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_7648.jpg (77KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7648.jpg
77KB, 604x453px
I met this guy through Snapchat and we ended up going on a date together. We eventually started dating not too long after and he use be to so obsessed with me. He wanted to spend every second together, was constantly texting me and always coming to pick me up from home so we could hang.

It's only been a month and now he is just so distant? He replies to my text with one word, he replies to me in real life with just one word as well. He use to take photos of us together and always begged me to take selfies with him to show his mom. But he doesn't do that anymore. He doesn't have much time for me anymore yet he's always with his friend. I'm feeling kinda sad over it but I really don't want to smother him and get clingy.

One thing he has done is tell me he loves me when he's drunk (but I don't think we should go that far)
Is this normal? Or should I have a talk with him?
>>
>>18671063
Psych undegrad here.

Most relationships have a 'honeymoon phase' and they peter out generally within the first three months. One month is a little soon... but it's still within our accepted understanding of human courtship/mating practices. Learned this in a human sexuality class.

That said, he can also be a little crazy and or have hidden intentions/an agenda. The fact that he sought validation from his mom, by presenting you as a status symbol of sorts -- a conquest -- is worrisome.

Is he closeted gay? Is his self-esteem low? Does he have more "succssful" brothers or friends? Or is he just a textbook narcissist? Could he care more about *having you* as a conquest, and proof of his worth -- more than any actual emotional attachment to you?

Without more information on him, and maybe literally being a fly on the wall, there's no way to answer any of these questions. Be smart and don't let yourself get used. If you're pretty and attractive, then yeah, you totally might be a target to become someone's 'trophy'.

Let me know if I can be of more assistance (dunno how). Only a third psych person - I am not claiming to be a professional.
>>
>>18671093
Only a third year psych*
>>
>>18671093
Fucking psych students all the time.

1. Either it's male BPD
2. or he has a major depressive episode and can only let his friend in on it.
>>
>>18671202
We didn't witness what OP witnessed. But if there's psychopathology present. then, based on what she recounted, he's most likely a classic bipolar with maniac/mania phases.

BPD persons usually have warning signs day-to-day, if you're not totally oblivious. But again, maybe OP is oblivious and ignored some red flags.
>>
>>18671220
You sound like you're projecting.
The guy could just be an asshole and moved on to someone else but wont break it off because he's too afraid of confrontation.
OP, i recommend talking this out with them directly because chances are he eon't bring it up himself.
>>
>bitching about him being too loving
>WHAAAAAA WHERE'S MY ATTENTION WHAT THE FUCKKK WHERE IS MYYYYYYYYYY ATTENTION
You sound stupid as fucking shit
>>
>>18671237
I can't be projecting. I definitely know that I am not a bipolar or BPD myself. Although, I know for a fact that my estranged paternal grandmother, father, and half-sister are bipolars. So I'm fairly acquainted with that disorder.
>>
>>18671246
Then why are you such a shitty partner to this guy
>>
>>18671252
Hold it, partner. I am not OP. I am the first poster, the undergrad.As far as I'm aware, she has not posted. She might not even be monitoring this shit.

I don't know what we're arguing. For sake of entertaining OP, I put aside the question of whether or not she's omitting details herself, about her own history in the relationship. You generally don't get much out of people by questioning them directly, or making them feel blamed for things. You need to slowly find incosistencies or gaps to explain why things aren't adding up. Then you ask: are you hiding things?
>>
>>18671093
Hi it's op (I passed out)

Some things about him is that he believes he's borderline bisexual. He only told me and his friend about this he feels very embarrassed about it.

Another thing is that he does have ADHD and I may have never met an actual person who actually has it like him but he has his moments when he is literally screaming and trying to just run around. He does have medication that does turn him zombie mode but I don't think he's been taking it.

A lot of people including his boss have noticed he's been distant towards me lately. Not sure if that info is useful.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.