[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wanna look androgynous

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

I want to be more androgynous but idk how. I was born a girl but never felt like a woman. I've always felt kind of in between a woman and a man. Already have the short hair but what would make you say "damn that's a hot androgynous... Person" if you saw them on the street?
>>
>>18671015
That's a question that relies too much on the individual. For me, usually not much. I don't tend to find androgynous people attractive. I do enjoy muscle on girls, but the square jaw doesn't really do it for me. So unfortunately, there won't really be a catch-all answer for you. What does it for one person won't do it for another.
>>
>>18671015
If they are hot, they are hot. If you aren't pretty you will never be a "hot androgynous" person, you might be the "is that a girl or a guy" person, that people occasionally give a second look
>>
>>18671015
flat tummy, upper body strength.
>>
>>18671015
You drank the retard cola that says "If I don't fit into the stereotypes of my sex, I must be something else"

You're a woman. Not a regular one, but just as legitimate as any vain lipstick smearing dress wearing type. Be proud of what you are.

I'm going to ignore what I just said and the rest of your post and I'm going to recommend the gym. Women in the gym are very sexy, to both men and women, but you don't care about that
Anyways, you should still go. Do the Four Compounds Lifts. Find a friend to go with you.
Work hard on your body and be honest about it..

You are you. There are no categories for people. At the end of the day, fuck categories. Just be you, and do what you want
>>
clothes have a tremendous effect on if someone seems feminine or masculine or whatever.

this is not the same as looking hot. Women don't need to wear buttshorts and guys don't have to wear gunshow tanks to be hot. An attractive person will be attractive even under a bathrobe.

just google "soft butch" or "chapstick lesbian" style, or look up "bois" on reddit. I consider myself heteronormative straight male and am for some reason very attracted to this particular type of girl.
>>
>>18671015
As a man, I find androgynous people confusing. Instead of hot, I have to look up if they have tits.

Most men don't care about androgynous, we mostly care about frequent sex activity (e.g. daily would be great) and that they do girly stuff for their men (e.g. cooking).

With this said, I don't mean to say you need to conform. Go out there, find your partner and just have a great time together. That's really what matters.
>>
>>18671034
Thanks for the reply. This was a silly question and I've gotten some good replies. I do have an SO so I guess I'm looking to be attractive period, not necessarily to an individual.

>>18671039
Mostly I get that look unless I'm wearing a dress. I hate women's clothes on most days.

>>18671040
Will take note, thank you.

>>18671056
Thanks for this reply. I do hate categories and feel like they hold a lot of people back. Truth is that I have never aspired to be a woman or feminine. I've always been somewhere between the genders appearance-wise by coincidence, not really trying. It's hard to explain but I'm really not trying to look like either gender for anyone else's sake. Will go to gym soon.
>>
>>18671015
Rather than trying to position yourself on some bullshit scale between m-f, look the way you want to look regardless. Confidence is hot, anxiety about superficial and material things is not.
>>
>>18671073
Ah thank you for this, this is what I'm looking for. I do like this look and appearance. I'm a hetero chick but I can get behind this. I truly need a wardrobe change once I get a job.

>>18671101
Luckily I do have an amazing partner and he supports me and my gender confusion regardless. We split the chores/domestic duties along what makes sense financially rather than just genders. It's been nice.
>>
>>18671110
Thanks. I always hear people say that to men but I guess it's true for women and anyone in between.

Also-- OP here going to bed. Will reply to any other messages in the morning. Thank you all for your input. Just needed a place to vent and hear opinions.
>>
I strongly dislike the androgynous creep in our society. You have men acting like sissies to avoid responsibility and women acting like dudes because they think the only way to not be subservient to men is by emulating them.
A healthy mind is attracted to a healthy display of the opposite sex, that's why beauty standards exist. Do you think the types of people who are attracted to an amorphous body shape don't have issues? Men are visual creatures, if a guy wants to bang a girl that looks like a guy, it means they want to bang guys, not girls.
>>
>>18671137
How about you cirkle jerk with all the other men at some alt-right corner of the web pretending you don't fancy eachother.
>>
Tranny here.

what you're feeling is a product of gender roles and feeling attacked by them. nothing wrong with being a girly traditional woman or a borderline butch lesbian type, but there are only two genders. don't confuse the associated roles with the actual gender, that's where nonbinary people fuck up and go through an embarrassing phase before they realize only a small minority of women (and I specify women because as they're mostly the targets of expression restricting roles and feel the need to counter them with stuff like this) are the 50s stay at home mom that bakes pies for the neighbors and crochets mittens for their babies. 99.9% of women do not identify with this experience of womanhood, and instead prefer another. you could be a greased up musclehead truck driver and that's still an experience of womanhood. you're still a woman at the end of the day and even if you choose to look androgynous most people will think you're some type of tranny, lesbian, or young boy and most people outside of the demographic those things appeal to will not find it attractive. if that's what you're positive you want then fine, but you will not age well in it. I've seen women approaching their mid 30s try this out and it looks awful. ultimately the nonbinay phase is just a counterculture much like punks and scene kids of yesteryear, and people almost always grow out of it and look back on it with regret.
>>
>>18671262
She sounds like she just wanna look androgynous, though. Nothing wrong with that, some people like tattoos and piercings, some people go for goth style, and she wants to look androgynous. Maybe she should drop that "I feel I'm between a man and woman" description indeed though. Like, you either want to be a guy and become a tranny, or you just wanna be a masculine/androgynous woman.

Anyways, OP. If you want to look androgynous and attractive at the same time, it's not that easy, since girls usually look like dykes when they try to look masculine and idk who finds dykes attractive really. Short hair is good, but don't keep it TOO short, and have it fitting to your face still. If you have a round cute face a very short, pixie hairstyle with short bangs may look qt as fuck and kinda androgynous due to the shorteness. If you have a face that can appear somewhat masculine at least, go for longer bangs and don't get it too short on the sides and back either, teenage boy style or something, like the girl on the right here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BQVvmvJA3sy/. Don't do typical masculine hairstyle, it's unlikely you'll look good in it.
Now for clothes: don't wear baggy shit. If you think your boobs are 2big for androgynous then wear sport bras or even a binder. Well fitting clothes is the basis of attractive. Sweatshirts and slim fit chinos for men should make you look masculine, although idk if you'll look attractive. Personally I think long cardigans have kind of an androgynous feel and they look fantastic. But yeah, wear well fit stuff.

Although all in all, this anon is right >>18671039 if your face isn't hot it won't be hot no matter what you do
>>
>>18671262
>you're still a woman at the end of the day and even if you choose to look androgynous most people will think you're some type of tranny, lesbian, or young boy and most people outside of the demographic those things appeal to will not find it attractive. if that's what you're positive you want then fine, but you will not age well in it. I've seen women approaching their mid 30s try this out and it looks awful. ultimately the nonbinay phase is just a counterculture much like punks and scene kids of yesteryear, and people almost always grow out of it and look back on it with regret.

This is not the opinions of a tranny but a judgemental asshole who has experienced all too little in life.
>>
>>18671296
I'm a pre T ftm and don't want a woman to suffer the constantly being asked if you're a 12 year old boy lifestyle. I also know a lot of nonbinary people who either use it as a cop out because they don't pass or are just transtrenders. I'm not telling OP to put on a frilly dress and high heels, I'm saying thoroughly consider what will happen when they go forward with androgyny. she's not gonna look that way forever, and needs to realize not feeling like a woman and disliking dresses doesn't make you special. none of my sister or aunts ever even wear dresses and they're all varying degrees of feminine
>>
>>18671318
*not feeling like a stereotypical woman
>>
>>18671318
You talk as if her taking up androgynous style would dramatically change something about her body, or something.
It's basically just about hair and clothes, optionally some workout (attractive androgynous people are always skinny, note that OP). Hair grows back, you can buy different clothes and eat more to stop being skinny, it's all revertable
>>
>>18671318
>I'm a pre T ftm and don't want a woman to suffer the constantly being asked if you're a 12 year old boy lifestyle. I also know a lot of nonbinary people who either use it as a cop out because they don't pass or are just transtrenders. I'm not telling OP to put on a frilly dress and high heels, I'm saying thoroughly consider what will happen when they go forward with androgyny.

Your concern is certainly amiable, but your experience is yours and even if it were to be the case with OP wouldn't you wan't her to find that out by herself rather than never tried?

>she's not gonna look that way forever, and needs to realize not feeling like a woman and disliking dresses doesn't make you special. none of my sister or aunts ever even wear dresses and they're all varying degrees of feminine.

Again, you're just a judgmental asshole.
>>
>>18671345
are you androgynous presenting yourself?
>>
>>18671353
Somewhat. I am a skinny guy who dresses like a faggot, people sometimes take me for a girl which is pretty annoying but I can't do much about it since it's more because of my face than my clothes (wish I could grow a beard).
>>
>>18671350
idk why you're being so touchy about this, it's literally not judgmental at all. shit, if you need to ask 4chan about a lifestyle change you're contemplating at that point it should just be a no

my point was its literally a fact of life that women age, once you hit your thirties you can't pass as anything but a butch lesbian without resorting to hormones. and barelyany women like wearing dresses, so why does that contribute to not feeling "like a woman"? sounds like a psychological problem in response to pressure to be more feminine or some shit

>>18671365
things are a bit different for afab ppl in my and others experiences
>>
>>18671189
Don't compare me with those chucklefucks - if anything, they blatantly love fags and mentally ill manchildren who mutilate their body as long as they line up with their opinions. It's not a coincidence that throughout history the vast majority of men were masculine and the vast majority of women were feminine, and it's not because of some mythical secret society that somehow manipulated the entire world to adapt arbitrary roles before the wheel was invented.
>>
File: fag.jpg (20KB, 291x286px) Image search: [Google]
fag.jpg
20KB, 291x286px
>>18671368
I guess. When people aren't sure of your sex looking at you then they try to figure out upon hearing your voice. Girls rarely have voices like guys, so it's easy to figure out when you hear masculine voice. But then when you hear a feminine one you're not sure if it's a male kid or a female adult. Sounds like a pain in the ass.
I still think she could go for cute androgynous when people wouldn't mistake her for a prepubescent boy. Prepubescent boys don't usually wear faggoty clothes.
>>
>>18671385
Ah forgot to say, pic related is me, easy to mistake for a girl isn't it
>>
>>18671368
>my point was its literally a fact of life that women age, once you hit your thirties you can't pass as anything but a butch lesbian without resorting to hormones.

No, and again a judgmental asshole.
>>
>>18671372
It's not a coincidence that throughout history the vast majority of men were masculine and the vast majority of women were feminine.

This will always be true as masculinity will always be defined by whatever most men do.
When behaviour change, so does the meaning.

Also, you're more fun when you pretend to be a ftm tranny.
>>
>>18671434
No, it doesn't. Playing video games isn't considered masculine and baggy shirts and sweatpants aren't considered feminine. It doesn't matter what time or place you are, with some very few exceptions you'll get the same ideas of what traits are masculine and feminine.
>>
>>18671262
OP here. I'll take note of all that. I know that all women have different experiences but I have just always felt miles removed from what it's like to feel or look like one. It seems so alien and undesirable to go through any of life as a woman. That's just my opinion. The aging portion is something to consider, you have a point.

>>18671295
Outside of this thread I've never said the thing about feeling between a man or woman. My SO knows that I don't super identify as a woman but those are just my deep feelings. On the surface and to all I meet, I still am very much female - just not feminine. And thanks for the fashion advice. My face isn't masculine and I have a petite frame. Seems like I have cardigans in my future.

>>18671318
I've had my hair short for 7 years (now 22) and have been misgendered on occasion. It used to bother me when I felt like being a guy was "wrong" but now I'm more comfortable with it. I didn't mean to come off as sounding unique by disliking traditional fem things.
>>
>>18671015
Depends on the person. They aren't hot at all to me, as I like woman who look like woman. I guess you just need to be pretty naturally, I dunno. It's a tough question
>>
>>18671385
>>18671390
OP here - I truly don't see you as looking like a woman at all. I could tell from the thumbnail that you are a man. The jawline kind of gives it away. Still handsome tho.

As for the voice thing I see what you mean. I definitely have a feminine voice which I'm happy about.
>>
>>18671015
>hot androgynous
Not possible. I am sorry.
>>
This is mental illness
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.