[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anti-depressant withdraw?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_4194.jpg (28KB, 320x223px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4194.jpg
28KB, 320x223px
I recently stopped taking my Anti depressants and now my brain feels like hot garbage. Will this last forever what should I do?
>>
Self bump
>>
I was on Zoloft and I had to taper that shit until I was able to come off it completely. It was still really hard, because it felt like my brain was splitting into two.

If you stopped cold turkey then you're into one hell of a ride. The good news is that the withdrawal symptoms are gonna go away eventually. The bad news is that you're probably gonna feel worse than before you started the meds. (At least thats what happened to me.)
>>
>>18670434
I hope your doc know about it and supports it.

Also good job on posting which pills you are taking. Do you have at least 70 IQ?
>>
No withdraw lasts forever. Your brain needs time to adapt.

Stop with the help of a doctor, not by yourself.
>>
>>18670434
you should taper off your medications, especially psych medications. there's no good reason to abruptly stop unless you started experiencing some dangerous side effects.

you (theoretically - I'm not a doctor and I don't know you at all) could solve your problem by taking a small dose right now. just take gradually less and less.

ideally, you shouldn't be playing your own psychiatrist, or consulting 4chan for medical advice.
>>
Never stop brain medications like that, it really screws over your brain's chemical balance

You will get over it, as anon said no withdraw lasts forever, but this is dangerous, check your doctor as soon as possible
>>
>>18670507
I'm taking lexapro 20mg. IQ doesn't mean anything but I'm not a stupid person.
>>
I stopped because I was becoming a zombi and I didn't feel anything anymore but thanks befits I'll get back on them and slowing back off.
>>
>>18670527
I can't believe your doctor didn't warn you. He doesn't know you're going off, does he?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antidepressant_discontinuation_syndrome

Have a fun 4 weeks.
>>
File: depress.jpg (32KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
depress.jpg
32KB, 600x315px
oh god
i hate this age
I NEED MY 90s BACK
>>
>>18670590
90s kids suffer pretty bad from depression because of the big cultural changes that happened while we grew up. We were smack in the middle of a generation that lived outside as children and one that lives on YouTube.
>>
I took antidepressants for a few weeks and stopped because I didn't feel any different, and I didn't really feel any different after stopping. I'm not sure if it would affect you differently if you've been on for a long while but talk to your doc
>>
>>18670434
Yes! It does end. Coming off my meds resulted in a deep depression and horrible anxiety. It was worse than before I started taking medication. I actually stopped taking medication completely because that low from taking it inconsistently is too much to risk for my anxiety. I hope you talk with your doctor, but that is my experience. Best of luck!
>>
>>18670683
How are you doing now?
>>
>>18670590
90s kids suffer pretty bad from depression because of the big cultural changes that happened while we grew up. We were smack in the middle of a generation that lived outside as children and one that lives on YouTube.
>>
>>18670590
>>
>>18670434
I quit 40mg Prozac cold turkey and felt like shit for 2 weeks but was normal afterwords.
>>
>>18670434
Discontinuation syndrome sucks and will last 1-2 weeks usually if you stop immediately without tapering. Going off lexapro cold turkey is almost as bad as effexor and you should try tapering or supplementing it with a low dose of fluoxetine.
>>
>>18670498
I'm on Zoloft right now, and I don't like taking it. I straight up wont take it for 2/3 days sometimes...
>>
after a couple weeks you are safe to do ayahuasca, and then you can feel great again.
>>
Thanks everyone for the advice.
>>
>>18670822
Kind of makes sense
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.