[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DOUBLE MAJOR

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

>Be me
>Music Major
>Full Tuition scholarship
>Realize that majoring in music won't get you a job
>Thinking about getting a minor in finance. >Maybe even a double major

So, /adv/, what do you think? Will a minor in finance get me a good job in the field? Or should I just double major.

Pic unrelated
>>
Professional musician speaking: if you are musically talented enough to get a full scholarship, you should make it your career or you'll regret it. No, music won't "get you a job" because music is already the job. You can do something that 9/10 people don't understand, put your skills to use.
>>
>>18669503
Thanks for the comforting words, anon. You right, music has always been my passion and it still is (piano performance major specifically). I just worry about what's ahead, you know? I feel like I need a backup job
>>
>>18669498
Are you asking if a minor in finance will get you a good job in the finance field or in music or in general?

I'm an accounting/finance major for reference - and at least where I'm at - accounting/finance internships and entry level positions are very competitive because people in these fields need the professional experience to obtain certifications. Additionally, you will want to put forward the effort to network/join business clubs to get an edge on available positions.
If you want to work a general office/administrative job, it doesn't seem to be as competitive and can serve as a foot in the door, however.
>>
>>18669540

It's a good idea to try and have some savings to fall back on, but there will literally always be demand for pianists. If you can compose, arrange, produce, instruct etc. and you have the drive to put yourself out there sometimes, you'll always have work. There are tons of musicians asking themselves the same questions; by doing some legwork you're already well ahead of them.
>>
File: 1499759099641.jpg (52KB, 500x285px) Image search: [Google]
1499759099641.jpg
52KB, 500x285px
>>18669564
Yah, I was asking if a minor in finance would get me a good backup job in finance.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.