[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to make money on a remote island?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: dd.jpg (58KB, 600x436px) Image search: [Google]
dd.jpg
58KB, 600x436px
I can't fucking do this anymore.

>Live on remote island
>No skills (basically a neet)
>Live hand to mouth by working small labour
>Father bipolar but smoked weed so not
>Used to be the most talented builder
>Mental health sucked the life from him
>Sits around spraying sneeze and picking nose
>Does the same shit every day without fail
>Zero motivation for anything
>Won't even grow weed or clean house
>Rarely get work myself so no release
>I sleep on the sofa and am in his presence 80% of day
>TV is always full blast cause of his shitty hearing
>Tried to fight me one night
>Has always been a sociopath since I was child
>If I stay here I will waste my life away

I'm literally wasting the last years of my youth here but there may be a chance to make some money with these hand carved stone bowls or maybe I'll pull my finger out and actually write something or do something creative. I've thought about buying some weights and working out during the evening when the TV is on to get away from him. Should I leave? What can I do to get a real career? Do you think it's possible to make money with just a laptop? Anything guys; any advice at all you can give me because I am on the verge of killing myself out of fucking boredom when I would actually like to have some fun in life.
>>
>>18669093

military?

your life is basically fucked already fyi by the sounds of it

go live with a relative or something, sounds like he's just having a negative affect on your life overall

if he's your only family and you're young then go for the military, get out now while you can otherwise you will just drift into drugs out of boredom and become a junkie

anything you do at this point there's a high risk of homelessness or living in a van, the military potentially can get you out of that situation

the fact that you're on here and not going to friends indicates you're either average or below average attractiveness, so yeh military or police.. welcome to the bottom rung of society
>>
>>18669128
I have thought about it but I need to get fit and I also definately do not have the GCSEs to even get into military (you allegedly need 3 at C or above). I also wouldn't mind having the capital to live in a van and drive the UK till I find something but I don't. And on your last point it's quite the contrary, I am above average looking but won't go to my friends because they all live in the town I left and I never want to return there. I intentionally took myself to a remote island so that I can get away from societal norms and the drudge of their affairs; also to somewhat help my father. Thanks all the same.
>>
File: 1546.png (6KB, 390x470px)
1546.png
6KB, 390x470px
>>18669128
Also
>Smoke weed
>Become a junkie
Are you 16 sage
>>
>>18669172

>UK

Ireland here. There's basically even less to do here.

There is no magic thing you can do. I spent 1 year on military, 5 years in customer support roles and then did college because I was basically in the position you're in now. I looked for every possible shortcut to make money when I was young and in the end there was simply nothing, which is my almost everyone goes to college and gets a job.

The only other alternative is selling drugs and being a laborer, retail assistant, minimum wage guy.

If you start a skill or passion now, there's basically thousands upon thousands of people who are doing it better and for longer that you're going to compete with.

Getting somewhat fit isn't that hard, and at least you can say you tried to do something with your life. Everyone has sympathy for the guy who tried their best but couldn't get there, no one has sympathy for the druggie that never even made an attempt.

Alternatively, work in a nice restaurant or café that you actually feel attached to. Usually the smaller the better. Claim the dole and get a small room somewhere.

The attitude you should have at this point is just "I dgaf I'm going to try this" and see how far you get. You have literally nothing to lose and anything you try is going to be better than your living situation
>>
>>18669350
>If you start a skill or passion now, there's basically thousands upon thousands of people who are doing it better and for longer that you're going to compete with.
I appreciate the advice as solemn as it is but I take a great stance against this. The worst enemy to creativity is self doubt; no offence Anon but you just sound like you're projecting your own doubts about a skill or passion that you 'tried your best but couldn't get there' and that's fine, don't quite your day job, but if youy aren't going to have a hobby that can turn out to be something massive then you might as well just off yourself. Look at the amount of videogames that started in someones bedroom and either went on to be the next best thing or earnt them a tidy sum. I'm 24 so college isn't out of the option still and I do have a repertoire of btecs varying in I.T so I could go straight to uni. I don't appreciate people so a job in waitering would not be my thing. I also don't know if you live on an isle in ireland but I don't just mean 'oh the uk is an island, hurrr I live on an island.' I live on an island of 100 people my man.
>>
>>18669128
>>18669350
>There are 2 posters in this thread.
>That reddit spacing
>Military
Oh you're samefagging, nice. Please stop projecting about you failed hobbies and drug addict personality. sage
>>
>>18669380

I've just known a boat load of people who you could classify as starving artists

I salute them trying because I believe the world would be a very boring place without them, at the same time a lot of them were convinced they'd make it

Ultimately I think what you need is a goal. If making an indie game appeals to you then make a game. Just don't quit on it though.

Something more practical would be like learning to surf or learning to fish, both of which might lead to doing something you'd enjoy and can be either solitary things or involved with other people. You might make a living doing either

Alternatively you could make music or paint etc and see how that goes.

The most important thing is to just start something, and then keep working on it each day. Even if just a little bit.

I mean in your heart what do you want to do?
>>
File: TkMSK4njzLU.jpg (173KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
TkMSK4njzLU.jpg
173KB, 1280x960px
>met girlfriend online from X country in 2014
>Met her in 2015 in real life
>Fell inlove for real
>Made plans for the 20 next years
>Cheated on me in summer 2016 sexually (she still virgin)
>Her parents couldnt stand the dude because of his orgins so she decided to be with me also because she loved me
>Went to a huge depression with bad consequences
>Decided to forgive her
>Met her in christmass 2016 and spent the whole holiday and even christmas with her family in her X country
>I was sure that she was the one , i was the first one to be introduced to her family
> Decide to study in her country (x country) in september 2017
>She started telling me since mid august that she don't feel same as before with me
>Decided to break up but she was okay to stay friend with me because i couldn't go back to my country bcz i paid the unrefundable tuiton fees
>She admitted that she was with the dude that she cheated on me last summer 2016 and she did more sexual things with him (she still virgin)
>They do not date but they are friends with benzfits because of his origins so she has no futurz with him , she said its temporary with him
>She said there is maybe a possibility that we will return together if she feel something in real life with me , she study in the capital of her country and return each week in her hometown where the dude lives
>I am destroyed

What can i do , any advices please? , I am totally lost .
I fucked my life and i just need anything that could change that i am lost , help please
>>
>>18669467

once a cheater, always a cheater
>>
>>18669499
I cheated back as a personal reason
What can i do
Im stucked ...
Any adv?
>>
>>18669499
As a personal revenge *
Not reason

>>18669499
>>
>>18669438
I'm not an artist nor do I classify as a starving artist/struggling writer. I do have some practical skills i.e stonework as I mentioned and I was also a husbandryman for salmon farming. In my heart I suppose I would like to write a book honestly.. I try to work on writing in general a little everyday..

>>18669467
Why are you trying to fucking hijack my thread? No seriously, why have you not just made your own thread? What a prick. In all fairness though I also met a girl in 2014 from Omegle and had been talking until recently, that was a big goal but I have suspicions her countryman have no concept of fidelity and she is no different (Predisposed to white lying, have caught her out). Your girl is not a virgin trust me. If she's fucking you around this much then leave case closed..
>>18669499
>>18669505
>>18669510
Go make your own thread.
>>
>>18669512

Just keep working on your writing then, maybe set a goal of writing the first chapter by the end of the year.

Maybe see if you can do a course on english literature, that way you can meet other people who might enjoy writing if that's your kind of thing. By meeting other people like that they may open doors for you.

I would probably try to leave though. If he's the kind of father that is too fucked to try and improve his life, you probably won't be able to fix that and he's only going to have a negative affect on your life if you're just short of swinging at each other.
>>
>>18669535
You being with the like-minded could help but then I really don't want to integrate because people honestly make me feel shit about the state of society. I get your point though, it could be a path. The problem is I genuinely don't want him to be any more depressed than he is; as much of a cunt as he has been in my childhood and evidently now still I want to help him wake the fuck up. There really sin't anything I can do though; all of my recommendation are met with distance & non-compliance and my best option is to convince him to sell up so we're both in a place with more opportunity that would be better for both our mental healths. I do love this island though..
>>
>>18669546

It honestly depends what you want in life. If you really feel you want to distance yourself from people you're in the ideal place to do it.

You can still look after your Dad from another place, and drop by from time to time to check on him. You don't necessarily have to live with him to help him. Indeed time apart can do people a lot of good sometimes.
>>
>>18669571
Yeah you're right, it's just getting the capital to do up another croft on our land that i could live in which would be such a healthy project, like especially if he helped me with it.. You know honestly going back to college for a course in english lit to hone my grammar and meet some new people who might change my perception sounds like a really good idea. I feel like I could stick with what I'm doing but I'm doing it wrong and could use the guidance again.
>>
>>18669585

If you have at least one other relative you can pitch this too and get on board it would be a good idea too.

Regards society, you just have to look out for the people who are looking to get away from it too. There are a lot of people out there that are trying to make their own world too that aren't zombies. They're rare but they're out there.

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/books/walk-write-read-and-make-the-world-your-own-1.2214093

Try to find stuff like above, especially in college. If not, set it up yourself. Sometimes just going for a walk with people you find interesting can lead to things and often will at the least be therapeutic.

Either way, good luck OP. Try to keep a goal no matter how small ahead of you.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.