[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gifting therapy sessions anonymously

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

I want to gift therapy sessions to someone but idk how to go about it.

Basically, my ex suffers from depression, and she left me when she fell back into deep depression.
I have accepted the breakup and not looking to get back together, but i still really want to help her be happy and improve her life.

I think the best thing for her would be to go through therapy, which she only did when she was hospitalized in the past.
I would like to send money to her family (probably her brother) and ask them to use it to pay for her therapy and not tell her it was me who paid for it.
I'm thinking of sending something like 1 or 2 thousands.

Is this crazy? I know it may sound crazy but i really want to help her out cause i know she's has serious things to deal with, and i want her to find happiness in life. I have more money than i need.
Is there any better way I could go about this? Maybe instead of wiring the money to her brother I can contact some local psychologists and ask to pay for some kind of "voucher" and they can mail it to her house anonymously?

Please help me to figure out the best way to go about this.
>>
Anyone?
>>
>>18667373
She's your ex. Her well-being is no longer your responsibility, nor should it be your concern. There's lots of people suffering in the world, and now she's one of those "other people."

Anonymously gifted therapy sessions (if that's even a thing) are a little tacky and presumptuous at best, and outright insulting at worst. Plus, even if she doesn't know who gave them to her, YOU do, and it sustains an emotional connection you should no longer have. Spend it on yourself OP
>>
>>18667373
therapy is $15 an hour, theyre either going to pocket it or tell you what the fuck
>>
>>18667505
15$ an hour? Damn i wish i could get those prices... maybe in the third world.
More like 150/hr :/
>>
If you really want to help your ex, which really, why would you, she left you.

But if you really wanna do it, drop the whole anonymity thing and just tell her that your concerned about her well being and that you think therapy is a good route to take. Obviously she would have to value your opinion if she was your gf at one point, just let her know its out of the well being of her, and not romantically related.
>>
>>18667511
talking about it with her is not an option. We have mutually decided to not contact each other since the breakup. And I know she would never accept a gift from me, the only option would be going through her family.

I understand what you and the other post are saying, she's my ex and i shouldn't care, but she's also a person i used to care a lot about and her happiness is still important to me.
In a way... i feel like i want to do this mostly because i want to be able to say i have done everything i could to make her happy and make her defeat depression. I feel like it would kinda clear my conscience. Because if one day she ends up killing herself or something, i could never forgive myself unless i did everything i could to help her. So in a way it's more selfish than anything.. to make me feel better i guess..
>>
>>18667535
If you're that concerned that you want to make an convoluted plan to gift your ex therapy through some elaborate scheme. I think you can find it in your heart to break a no contact rule to just talk to her
>>
>>18667556
well she has blocked me on social media and told me to not contact her in any form, physically or online, so i want to respect her wishes, and i think its important to respect peoples wishes. I also do not wish to talk with her now.

Furthermore, I had already told her i could pay for her therapy when we were together, and she said she couldn't accept it. So i know she wouldn't accept it. If i have to do this it has to be anonymously or through her family.

I've been thinking of writing to her brother because he's the one who is hosting her and taking care of her now. First of all i just anted to send him a message thanking him for all he has done for her, he truly has been the greatest source of happiness for her and he has done so much so i wanted to thank him (but maybe its weird now that im not with her anymore?). And in addition to thanking him i was thinking of sending some money for support.
>>
Maybe i could just tell her brother that i know some good therapist in her city who will give a discount, and then only if he asks more i will offer paying for it.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.