[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you deal with being average?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 9

File: 9h18hSY.jpg (526KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
9h18hSY.jpg
526KB, 3264x2448px
Once the facade melts away, all your hopes of being someone that matters in this world, the dreams of things you create and others admire die, what do you do?

Mediocrity is a truly terrifying concept. How do you deal with that descriptor being what your life will be? Will it be the constant reminder you're not a creator, an inventor, a leader? How do you deal with being average?
>>
File: mommy figure 2.jpg (108KB, 857x960px) Image search: [Google]
mommy figure 2.jpg
108KB, 857x960px
>>18667291
Combination of ice cream, csgo, shitpostibg and fucking your average gf hard each night.
>>
File: 1416970941369.jpg (29KB, 544x416px) Image search: [Google]
1416970941369.jpg
29KB, 544x416px
>>18667380
I have to do something with the average gf department, though. Doesn't do it for me anymore.
>>
File: are asian obese.jpg (366KB, 2269x1600px) Image search: [Google]
are asian obese.jpg
366KB, 2269x1600px
>>18667382
Tier her up, blindfold her, spank her ass and fuck her like a slut she is?

http://mojoupgrade.com/
>>
File: 1493849581274.png (90KB, 198x235px) Image search: [Google]
1493849581274.png
90KB, 198x235px
>>18667398
I'd rather not.
>>
File: mommy figure.jpg (178KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
mommy figure.jpg
178KB, 1080x1349px
>>18667404
Not what?
>>
File: feels.gif (1MB, 320x171px) Image search: [Google]
feels.gif
1MB, 320x171px
>>18667291
I don't. I'm autistic (diagnosed), have a very high IQ (tested by a psych when I was diagnosed with high functioning autism), and I have a big dick. None of this really matters because I live a very average life though so everyone I know or meet thinks I am average, and I prefer it that way.
>>
>>18667432
>high iq
I hope you are doing some stem degree.
>>
File: 1407701715568.jpg (47KB, 356x345px) Image search: [Google]
1407701715568.jpg
47KB, 356x345px
>>18667380
tfw avg gf lives in europe
>>
>>18667432
>because I live a very average life though so everyone I know or meet thinks I am average
Well, you are average, if you live an average life.
>>
>>18667291
start lifting, change your hair cut
>>
>>18667508
done both
>>
File: 1395791399037.jpg (15KB, 217x251px) Image search: [Google]
1395791399037.jpg
15KB, 217x251px
I don't know if its the insane expectations my parents placed on me, or my over-achieving sibling, or my successes earlier in life. I have no drive and every day is a constant reminder that I've squandered all my potential

feels bad man
>>
Become better
>>
>>18667291
Just be yourself.
>>
>>18667291
I'm 25, just graduated, finally moving out of my parents, haven't been laid in years, and landed a 50k job.

If I can do it you can too. It's never too late brother.
>>
>>18667639
No offense mang, but I dont think worse advice could possibly be given
>>
>Middle of the line stable life is terrifying.

Spoken like a true upper middle class sheltered child. Get a job faggot. Your life is boring because YOU are a fucking boring person who spends all their time on boring shit because you are too much of a pussy to go outside.
>>
>>18667709
you got me senpai but I do have a job and I do go outside so...
>>
>>18667728
Then you have even more resources with which to stop being boring. You have less of an excuse now.
>>
>>18667739
I dont think avg=boring though. I dont care about what others think, other than my parents because they gave me such a wonderful life

I feel like im disappointing them constantly with every minute that goes by. Squandering my potential is ripping me apart too. Wondering about the what-ifs. smoking weed daily and destroying any motivation and ambition i had. Now I have nothing
>>
>>18667758

Couple of things. Do you want to live in extraordinary life? Are you just doing it for the sake of your parents?

So you think smoking weed is destroying your potential. Stop it. Weed is a giant waste of time and money. Here's the weed/vidya cycle. "Geez I need to fix my life/get better. Well I'll play just a little vidya/smoke a lil weed. Wow it's already 10:30, I'll start working on my life tomorrow, I'll only smoke a little weed and vidya tomorrow for sure."

Life is a giant "what if". That never goes away. You need to start making things happen. What are you blowing your time on? Video games? Friends? Commuting? You need to have tomorrow be the first day you no longer do those things.
>>
>>18667773
I do want to live an extraordinary life, and I feel like I have the potential too, but then I've never done particularly well in anything I've tried, which shatters the illusion every time. I've been a 78% in everything I've ever done, no matter how much effort I've put in

I'm on month #4 of not smoking daily, mainly because I'm done uni and am living at home. Right now I'm blowing my time on being depressed, I do none of the things you mention
>>
>>18667800
Literally git gud.

Sounds like you're in a cycle all the same. Whatever is eating your time needs to stop. You don't need to becoming the king of something, but you seem to have a desire life a great life.

Do you want to change the world? Do you just want to have an adventure? You said you are trying things and only "78%" at them. There are plenty of successful people who sucked complete ass through MOST of their career.

What makes you happy?
>>
>>18667800
I'd guess your more after recognition than having an interesting in creating, leading, etc.

What do you even mean by being extraordinary, making lots of money, being famous? You've got to actually have a concrete goal.
>>
>>18667846
as teenage angsty as it sounds, nothing really makes me happy, I don't even remember when the last time I was. I've never really accomplished anything, or really been proud of myself. I don't know what I want, I don't know what I need and I don't know what will truly make me happy, if anything.

I wonder sometimes if I'm even able to be happy. My life, since my early teens has been depression with the odd moments of happiness, rather than the other way around which is what I'm assuming most people have. Feeling this way is not an exception to me.
>>
>>18667856
I want to accomplish something. To be proud of myself. To come as close as possible to my idea self, or to at least try
>>
>>18667856
Creating something that inspire others, or at least something they enjoy would be tremendous as well, but I take your point. It doesn't seem so shallow to me, but maybe it is
>>
>>18667880
I think most people's life is 99% vague uncertainty and "I guess this is what I should be doing". People call that "I'm doing good" or "okay"

In terms of making or doing something that others will enjoy/use/be inspired by, I would say just try and find something you at least don't hate doing. Key word "hate". I am an animator for a living, I love animation and I like making animations. That being said sometimes animation just feels fucking tedious. You won't enjoy every minute of anything.

When Michelangleo painted the Sistine Chapel, he fucking hated painting and didn't even want to do it.

You ca never know what will be a success when you are creating shit, just make sure you complete it. Even if you think it's shit.
>>
>>18667886
I'm not saying that you're shallow, I'm just saying you should ask yourself why you don't have anything specific you want to accomplish? Most artists or inventors, or whatever were passionate about what they did, they weren't trying to inspire others for the most part. And a lot of the time they drew derision for their efforts, look at Van Gogh for example.

Again here you are looking for approval from others. You're not trying to fulfill an artistic vision, you're trying to please others.

You say you're not happy, and not proud of yourself, I would work on that, rather than accomplishing some gargantuan, unspecific task.

Find something you genuinely enjoy doing, don't be so quick to look for confirmation you are exceptional. Besides, Liking what you're doing naturally leads to being good at it.
>>
>>18667291
Just rock out that you're you, be happy you're you and not trying to be someone who's top tier in the eyes of society. Notr that I didn't say perfect. No ones perfect

also, if pic related is a selfie of you then holy shit you must be my twin brother
>>
Not op but thanks for this thread a lot of this shit rang true to me.
>>
>>18667291
I'm thankful I don't live in some third world, war torn country. Mediocrity is fine with me. As long as I can make enough to live a comfortable life and save I'd be good.
>>
Better than being below average...
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.