[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it autism?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1357373953570.jpg (71KB, 559x598px) Image search: [Google]
1357373953570.jpg
71KB, 559x598px
Why do people always look at me like this when I talk? I'll think that what I'm talking about is completely normal but people still look at me like I'm fucking weird.
Another one I'll get all the time is "ohhhh kay" after I say something sometimes, or I've noticed a lot of girls talk to me in a really patronizing tone. Like they're talking to some poor little retarded kid or something. It's like they feel sorry for me or look down on me or something.
>>
>>18666659
If people look at you like that, it's because you're saying a lot of stupid shit or failing to pick up the social cues that they don't want to talk about what you're talking about with you
>>
Give us an example. I don't know what you're saying so you might be saying retarded shit and be completely oblivious to it.
>>
High-school?
If not, then it's probably assburgers because your missing some major social cues, aka fuck off.
>>
>>18666668
This

Learn to hide your oddities or suffer in loneliness until you find someone who can relate. I elect to stay silent as often as I can in personal interactions for this reason. You will grow to hate those around you either way.
>>
>>18666668
>they don't want to talk about what you're talking about
This is probably right but I guess I don't really know what people normally talk about. But I try to get as close as I possibly can. Sometimes I'll join a conversation to try to add to what they're saying and one person will look at me like that and the other person would just get all quiet and be like "yeah." At that point I usually just go back to what I was doing before.
>>18666670
I don't know I guess I hear people talking about shows they're watching and stuff but usually I'm not watching the same show as they are so I'll just talk about something I'm watching and maybe they'll be interested in that. I don't know it's hard to think of specific examples because this happens to me all the time.
>>18666673
No, I'm 22. This usually happens at work because that's where 99% of my socializing takes place. I actually thought, at my last job, that people must be talking a lot of shit about me or something because I would try and say something and sometimes people would laugh or just like look at me for a second and then go back to what they were saying before.
>>
>>18666670
Ok I thought of an example:
>at work
>hear coworkers chattering
>"yeah isnt that like the best song?"
>"yeah, I mean he made that when he was 16 blah blah"
>I like music and stuff so I ask who they're talking about
>"oh, uhh, Kodak Black"
>"hmm I'm not really sure I know who that is..."
>"yeah, you probably wouldn't"
So I just laughed and I was like "what is that supposed to mean??" and then they just looked at me really weird.
>>
>>18666701
>not just developing normie hobbies so you always have something to talk about with the plebes
>>
>>18666772
you interrupted them (because you thought you might have something to add, which is fair enough), and basically ruined the flow of the conversation for them
the "yeah, you probably wouldn't" is them bitchily suggesting you're too uncool to have heard of kodak black
not really sure what to suggest anon, some of us just aren't made for these times. i honestly think having a couple of normie things to talk about (sports, top 40, shitty netflix shows) like >>18666778 suggests would go a long way
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.