[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Accepting hair loss

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

How long does it take for the depression to go away? I'm almost 22 and I noticed that my hairline has started to slightly recede after getting a buzz cut. I buzzed my hair 2 months prior to that and there were no signs of hair loss back then. Does male pattern baldness happen that quickly? I'm still not sure if it's just a maturing hairline (is that a meme btw?) or if it's male pattern baldness but I'm assuming that it's MPB so that I can deal with the depression right away instead of postponing it. I've decided to lose my hair the natty way because who the fuck knows how these anti hair loss drugs will affect me later in life. Plus I always say that chicks shouldn't be allowed to use make up to hide their shitty genes so I don't want to be a hypocrite. How long does the depression last? I was depressed as fuck during the first 2 weeks but now my emotions have more or less stabilized. I'm feeling a bit down some days but it passes after a few hours. I just want to feel normal again and enjoy my final year(s) of having hair (assuming it's male pattern baldness and not just a maturing hairline). Also, if I have MPB then will I notice thinning on the crown of my head during the early stages or does it fall out gradually after receding at the hairline for a while? If I drag my fingers across my scalp I won't see a single loose hair when I look at my hands. There is no hair on my pillow when I wake up in the morning.
>>
Psychological effects are very hard to predict. Depends on the person.

MPB can act at different speeds depending on the person too. This is how it goes: certain follicles in your hair are sensitive to DHT and they start to shrink gradually. The more sensitive they are, the faster they'll die. The more DHT you produce, the quicker they'll die too. MPB happens in different ways and thinning at the crown is not necessary.
If you want to lose it naturally go ahead, but be aware that once you lose your hair it's gone unless you get an hair transplant or magical regrowth happens.
Dutasteride blocks 95% of DHT, that's why it is supposed to be so effective. Some people get side effects, however only a very very small percentage compared to placebo groups.
>>
>>18666403
Iktf anon, I'm also 22 and my hairline started receding when I was like 16 lmao. Forget that maturing hairline meme, it's probably receding. Lots of guys start receding early unfortunately.

As for how I dealt with it: I simply looked at myself in the mirror, gave myself a buzz cut, and then grabbed a razor and shaved my whole head. My parents were shocked and like "wtf is wrong with you" but it helped me accept my fate. Having friends that complimented the fact that I looked better bald also helped immensely (I had curly jewish hair, definitely an improvement), thought I suppose I have decent traits to be able to pull off the bald look. I feel much more confident in my appearance and even accept my early baldness as a blessing because it made me look much better.

Having a decent beard or stubble and/or wearing glasses detracts attention from your bald head, if you're that self-conscious about it but really, get a buzz cut/shave it completely and go out in public like that. The best way to overcome your insecurities is to expose them to the world sometimes.

Pic related: me being a bald ass fgt
>>
>>18666403
last sept i noticed my hair thinning out from the crown at 19 first month of uni

it got to the point where i was clearly balding with a huge bald spot on the top of my head. keep in my mind my hairline is 100% and not affected. so it depends on the person

buzz cutting since

i highly reccemend going to the doctor to get your blood checked for any abnormalities - also ask to check vitamin D level.
>>
>>18666474
You look good, anon. The bald look doesn't bother me at all. In fact I think bald guys who eat healthy and work out look more masculine than guys with hair. It's just that I think that I'm pretty ugly. I consider my face a 4/10 but some people (anons) say that I look completely normal and that I might suffer from body dysmorphia. Maybe there is a god and this is how he's going to make me into a better person. Here's a funny thing. During the first week of extreme depression I laid awake at night and realized how much I act like a piece of shit and that I'm going to die alone if I keep living like that. I've actually been working on treating other people better and becoming a better person since. I actually feel a lot better about myself because of that but I'm still sad that I might be losing my hair. Hopefully the maturing hairline thing is not a meme and you just happened to be one of those guys who didn't get it before MPB started.
>>
>>18666403
It'll get easier. 27 bald fag here. Just rip off that bandage and shave it.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.