[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Meta

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1

File: 1503355015693.jpg (198KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
1503355015693.jpg
198KB, 768x768px
Has anyone noticed how similar to reddit has become?

Very little of the advice here fits the expectations from a 4chan board

ask the opposite gender threads are definitely the biggest offender.

did women and beta orbiters ruin this board?
>>
Are you retarded? So what you're saying is, because this is 4chan we're not supposed to give good advice even though this is what this board is used for?

Why don't you go to /sci/ and tell them they're acting like Reddit by actually being serious with their posts.

Fuck off back to /b/
>>
>>18665904
Yes and no, this board inevitably attracts lots of degenerate that are insecure about their lives, any legitimate advice is basically ignored. Add on the fact that you have a mix of people who are very conservative and people who think orgies are common and normal. Obviously I'm exaggerating but this board is honestly awful and I hate that i spent any time on it.
>>
>>18665909
This is an example of the low effort childish responses I'm talking about

How old are you? Are you a guy or girl?

I wish to gather information on this breed of poster
>>
>>18665911
Good response. I like.
>>
Why don't you define what you believe 4chan expectations are?
>>
I just hate that every other thread is asking for relationship advice, not even advanced level relationship questions but elementary shit most people figure out in prepubescence or questions where the answer is clear.

>Hai guys my gf hasn't had sex with me in 6 months but she has sex with 10 other guys and also calls me stupid every day should i break up with her?
>>
>>18665914
It's really not a difficult conclusion to come to.
Just look at the questions, tons are insecurity, and instead of being properly addressed you either get someone just as insecure reassuring your insecurity or someone who gets triggered. It's pretty much what you'd expect with a community or failures, wanabees, shutins, etc...
Everyone here could get much better help from friends or an actual professional.

Only reason I occasionally come here is boredom and my really bad paranoia.
>>
I've been on 4chan since 2005. It hasn't changed at all.

People were concerned that ebaums was 'taking over'. Then it's reddit, then it's tumblr.

Fact of the matter is, when you lump thousands of people together into groups THEY decide, things tend to blend together anyway.

Also, those of us who are still here are nearly 30. We've grown up. We're trying to give you self righteous shits advice on how to avoid living the next few years in abstract depression because you got so wrapped up in your 4chan ego and just took all the negative advice that falls in your paradigm.
>>
>>18665904
>Very little of the advice here fits the expectations from a 4chan board

Like what, for example? What does 4chan expect but fails to get here?
>>
>>18665976
Liberal, normie tier advice

An example being that there is a thread up where OPies gf wants him to have an open relationship

2/3rds of the thread are cuckold anons agreeing he should become a cuck

Wtf
>>
>Very little of the advice here fits the expectations from a 4chan board

It's a fucking advice board for people fixing to improve their lives, what do you mean by "fits the expectations of a 4chan board". Seriously you sound like those shitters who believe in the "le ebin 4chinz is only for shitposting" meme.
>>
>>18666006
You sound autismo if you go to pedo Chan for advice

You know the majority of posters literally are teenage boys right?

Your autistic relationship advice is coming for a spotty teenager who's never had a girlfriend before and jerks off to loli Hentai
>>
>>18665997
>Liberal, normie tier advice

So what do you want that's neither "liberal" nor "normie"? The Red Pill? That's on Reddit too. And it's also very dumb.

The open relationship dude is going to get two kinds of advice: Try opening the relationship OR break up. And he got both. What else do you expect?
>>
>>18666014
>I don't like left wing politics therefore I'm an alt right memezie

It's this autistic posting I don't like. I hate identity politics.

Didn't read the rest of your post btw
>>
>>18666024

>I hate identity politics.

>Liberal, normie tier advice

Ok, I wasn't the one that started slinging labels, but sure, I'm in the wrong here.

Reply to the second part of the post, though. Please, if you have the time.
>>
>>18665997
See, the problem is that you believe there is some piece of advice that will perfectly fit what you want to happen. And there's not. You're the kind of person who gets nothing from this board, because you ignore any advice you don't like. Sometimes there's no right answer.
>>
>>18666030
Yes yes you are

>>18666031
This is a projection.
>>
>>18665997
Has it ever occurred to you it could be bait? Not to mention there have been way worse threads than that, two days ago some chick asked for advice on a guy she was dating with over 100 partners
>>
>>18666037

Last chance. Reply to the second part and tell me what where you expecting. It doesn't really seem like you want a discussion. It seems you are one of those teens you mentioned, shitposting instead of actually making a point.
>>
>>18666024
...do you not see the massive hypocrisy in that?
>>
>>18666037
Ok everyone, nothing to see, here. Some adolescent caught on to a few popular vocab words and is feeling smart
>>
>>18666039
>>18666044
>>18666045
>>18666051
Cba to read or reply to these posts

Most likely they are projections and I'm too old to listen through a bunch of faggy teens insecurities and projections.
>>
>>18666061
This is what passes for trolling in 2017.
>>
>>18666065
epic dood
>>
>I bet you ignore advice
>"Didn't read you post, I bet you're just projecting"

Literally why I come here. Sometimes I get to give legitimate medical advice, but most of the time it's to watch 20-somethings flounder
>>
>>18666061

He doesn't even know that two of them are actually agreeing with him.
>>
>>18666080
I bet they're not. I'm a contrarian.
>>
>>18666085

But you read mine? I thought you ignored us teens. That we werejust "projecting".
>>
>>18666087
Actually I am blind
>>
Is adv the most reddit board on 4chan?

Other contenders: lit, sci, lgbt, soc, etc.
>>
OP here. Addendum: I am blind and gay
>>
>>18665904
>similar to reddit
What exactly do you mean by this?
On most boards that claim has mostly to do with political or social values which is retarded for an advice board to adhere to.
>expectations
I have gotten decent advice from threads.
If you ignore the trolls and give actual feedback in the thread then they stay on topic.
I find most boards go off topic because the OP leaves or never posts in their own thread so you get people who give advice commenting on other peoples advice and the discussion goes nowhere.
>>
>>18665913
No, he's right. Fuck off.
>>
>>18666133
This. This is a reddit response.
>>
If you dont like the amount of relationship and opposie gender threads then make some of your own.

I for one found this board very informative on the intricacies of brewing wine within the confines of my anal cavity.
>>
>>18665925
/adv/ was literally created to get relationship advice threads off /r9k/
>>
>>18665997
>All of 4chan needs to be muh alt right safe space
Oh I see, you're just a newfag from /pol/ taking his first steps out of his kindergarten and is frightened when he sees that no other board is like that.
>>
>>18666024
>Complains that the board gives liberal advice
>I hate identity politics
>>
>>18665913
4chan is 99% low effort childish responses and has been for a very long time
>>
This site should have something like the sadpanda except it searches for reddit cookies and blocks anyone who has them. Only the slow moving boards are safe because reddit children have a need to be validated by their ilk immediately. Coincidentally, slow boards also have the best discussions.
>>
/adv/ is nothing more than a co-ed /r9k/, and it never has been.

People love playing whiteknight games here because virtue signaling is the easier alternative to virtue.
>>
>>18665967
This. Since 2008 here and if anything /adv/ used to be a whole lot slower than it is now, but the advice itself hasn't significantly changed. And most of the questions have always been about relationships. If anything the ask the opposite sex threads at least drain some of that.

>>18666374
Not true. R9k was created later and at first was "the gentleman's board" for greentext stories until it got taken over by incels, then it was eventually kept as a containment board. They tried to delete it after the forever alone shitstorm but everything spilled over into r9k so they rebooted it to get rid of all the angst here.
>>
>>18666441
>spilled over into r9k
Other way around, I meant that the r9k crowd started taking over /adv/ so moot conceded and let them have the containment board again.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.