[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Working/Studying in the US

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1423005601284.gif (949KB, 301x300px) Image search: [Google]
1423005601284.gif
949KB, 301x300px
Hi /adv/ I'm a student/soon to be ex-student in the UK. I've been rethinking my life and choices recently and have been thinking about changing my studies and moving far away.

I was thinking either the US or Asia but US probably has more opportunities, I wanted to ask, how can I find jobs/internships in the US that would accommodate me, I don't have a full degree and finding a job here hasn't been the easiest of tasks.

I need a fresh start and want to know how I can move to the US and what I should know/need before doing so. I know visa's are important for sure but I really need advice and I have no one
>>
You can't just move to another country because you're too shit to make the best out of your current country. You have to have a reason for the other country to take you.
>>
Also the UK is one of the richest countries on Earth if you can't make it here moving somewhere else won't make much of a difference all you can do is change your lifestyle and move to a better area of the UK
>>
>>18665817
This is true of almost every country, including the UK and the US:

You can't just show up. You need a visa.

A tourist visa limits your stay and forbids working

A student visa can only be applied for after a US school accepts you. It limits your stay to while you're in school and forbids more than part-time work

A work visa can't be applied for until you have a solid job offer from a US company, and they have to fill out lots of paperwork to confirm that you're not stealing a job from a citizen. It is limited to while you work for that company.

There are other visas, for special situations you won't qualify for
>>
>>18665817
>cant use his own resources to answer an easy question
>wonders why he cant make it in his current country
>thinks the thing he needs to change is his country
You cant just go to another country and work a minimum wage job. Thats not how visas work.
>>
>>18665817
I'll be nice to a fellow UK anon, what field did you study and how old are you?
>>
>>18666115
I want something new.

>>18666128
>>18666146

My opportunities have been limited, having no support from anyone around me despite my eagerness to succeed really makes things hard.

>inb4 why don't you try do stuff where you are

I do, I studied a degree I hated and in the process of changing, I apply for jobs every singl day with no luck, changed my cv recently but nothing so far, internships never go through either.

I have dreams, goals and things I strive to do but no resources nor funds to make them come true.

>>18666151
Im 20 (only turned this year), I studied CS which was something I was more steered into as it seemed like my only option, though it wasn't what I thought and I hate it, along the line I found what field I'm interested in but people think it's stupid or dont believe in me.
>>
>>18666848
Well desu comp sci is the easiest fucking thing, if you want to relocate try Reading and getting an apprenticeship there are so many good tech companies in the area who are hiring a new a-level educated intake every year.
>>
>>18667058
Wasn't for me, especially with no prior experience and being steered into the field. Ended up regretting it but getting lost in the process, not sure how far reading is from London but I don't really want to do anything programming related.
>>
>>18666146
this lol desu senpai
if you can't make it in the UK you'll be equally fucked wherever you go
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.