[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My girlfriend is a traveler

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_9438.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9438.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
She loves hitchhiking, hippies and beatnik literature. I love business stuff and money.

She is 100% loyal, caring, easy going and has a crazy spark that keeps everything fresh, but we have completely different outlooks on life. If not for her perfect qualities and a magical aura around her, this wouldn't last long.
We are both in college, and she is obviously not planning to stop adventuring anytime soon. I feel like all her deep spirited traveling friends are lazy hippies, but it seems to me like the only way to keep this relationship is folding and embracing this lifestyle.
What is my way out of this? I really love her.
>>
What are you whining about like a little bitch?
>>
>>18665423
Yeah welcome to my life OP. I'm the exact same way. I have zero appreciation for abstract entertainment like traveling, seeing new things, nature, spirituality, etc... instead I love wealth, money, finance, and of course hard hobbies like cars and shit
>>
>>18665423
Good relationship would need both to find a good deal with each other. Have you tried travelling with her to see what it's all about and see the world through her views? Have she tried understand your world and get involved iin it to understand your views on life?

If you haven't you should both try with each other. Otherwise if you, or she could make a good compromise the relationship would be unsatisfactory in long run.
>>
>>18665423
Boyfriend and I are the same. I don't think I'm profoundly spiritual or anything, just curious and enjoy moving.

I travel with my friends or alone. Sometimes we will go together and I'll pick nicer hotels, fancier towns and activities that interest him more. I go hiking by myself or with my dad, he goes out with his friends when I go.
We share other things. We've been together for 10 years.
>>
>>18665512
Your boyfriend haven't gotten used to hiking and moving in these 10 years?
>>
>>18665520
I never asked him to get used to those things. He doesn't like them and I can do those things by myself or with other people.

We share other things. We spend a lot of time together, share hobbies, are very compatible personality wise.
>>
>>18665532
I'd be jealous if some enlightened hippie guy was sharing these cool experiences with my gf. It's like spiritual cuckolding.
>>
>>18665512
>10 year boyfriend
>good source of relationship advice
Pick one.
At this point you would be considered married under common law.
All you are doing is missing out on tax breaks.
>>18665423
If you cant handle her having her own hobbies then you need to break it off. If you dont mind her hobbies and she doesnt mind your hobbies and your disinterest then you are made in gold. Just keep in mind that your money is going to go in her account.
>>
>>18665541
Jealous of what? It's not some kind of transcendental, life changing experience. It's just a trip or a hike.

>>18665542
I am still finishing up with school. It makes no sense to get married if you still aren't fully independent financially. I don't want to be a burden for him.
>>
>>18665423
Goddamn you're shit at communicating. What's wrong with her adventuring? Do you not get enough time with her? Do you want to start a family soon and expect her to stay home to raise the kids? Do you have a problem with her not pursuing a career?
>>
i hope you aint paying for any of that shit
>>
>>18665553
>10 years
>still finishing up school
Either you are super young and thus unreliable or you arent and thus unreliable.
I dont mean any offense but I cant see a 10 year relationship starting in middle school as a good source of information on relationships in general.
>>
>>18665568
I'm 25. I am a med student, I'll graduate next July. I had to drop out for a year for medical reasons, but I hardly am unreliable.
I get a scholarship from my dad's employer but in order to get it I have to be still dependent on my parents.
Even if I can provide for myself (and I've been doing so since I was 18), I am also not really financially stable enough yet to start a family on my own and I don't want my boyfriend to get in trouble for me since he still has his own debt to pay off.

It also is ridiculous that you are telling me that my advice is unreliable when you gave the same advice.
>>
>>18665568
or maybe they are in law/medicine/phd
>>
>>18665576
You havent had to struggle and you have been together since most of your adult life. If your relationshio falls apart it will be suddenly and without warning. If it falls apart at all. Thats purely based on the type of relationship you have. This isnt a basis to give advice to anyone. High school relationships can be toxic and last long periods of time just due to fear of readjusting to single life.
>>
>>18665594
I'm not the med-school person, but as a third year uni student who has been in 3 relationships (2 of which lasted over a year) I can tell you that compromise between both is the best option.
>>
>>18665594
>You haven't had to struggle
That's simply false. Just because we haven't broken up it doesn't mean we never struggled or worked on our issues.

>That's purely based on the type of relationship you have.
Which you don't know anything about.

> High school relationships can be toxic and last long periods of time just due to fear of readjusting to single life.
They surely can be. Mine isn't.

I've been with someone for 10 years, we have similar differences as OP and his girl and I feel like I can give him advice because I went through moments when I thought I had to give up on things that make me happy in order be my boyfriend, and he went through phases when he thought he should adapt to my lifestyle in order to be with me. We worked that out and found a balance that works for us.
You can disagree and offer your views. I still am entitled to offer mine, and I'm not less good at it just because my relationship never failed.
>>
File: saitama_dance.gif (69KB, 165x192px) Image search: [Google]
saitama_dance.gif
69KB, 165x192px
go hunting/ diving/ sport related travels with her
these activities filter out the negative lazy people who just want to "travel" as an excuse for partying and lazying about away from their responsibilities
>>
File: IMG_9471.jpg (158KB, 704x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9471.jpg
158KB, 704x960px
>>18666308
Hey, that's a good advice. Thank you, anon.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.