[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you deal with genuine human suffering?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: birthday.png (25KB, 716x261px) Image search: [Google]
birthday.png
25KB, 716x261px
I am a pussy. I can't deal with genuine human suffering. I get so fucking depressed when I see someone legit suffering I turn a blind eye to avoid it completely.

Typical shit includes avoiding homeless people on the streets, permanent residents of the looney bin, or the mentally disabled.

I also hate Facebook for showing me more depressing shit. I see posts from man-children who look like they are in their 40s but are off. They are either missing a tooth, have a forehead that is a tad bit too big for themselves. Whatever it may be, there is something wrong with them. They have like 20 friends and every comment is pure cringe.

I can't speak to women who have been raped. I somehow feel emasculated when I hear about it. As if I could have done something, I could do something, but inaction makes me feel weak.

I can't look at fat people. I am a fat person and I hate myself. I hate seeing fatter people because I feel like shit, so I can only imaging their lives. This extends to little children. I see parents putting bottles of Pepsi in their fat kids. I know that child's future.

How the fuck do I deal with this shit? I avoid it like the plague, but it feels like this isn't an option anymore in today's world. You have to confront it.
>>
By understanding the world is good, bad, and everything in between. Life is a beautiful horrible accident that frankly should have never happened, the fact that we've made it this far is incredible. There will always be people worse and better off than you, comparing yourself to others is as fruitless as ruminating over things you can't change. Observe, don't absorb.

Feel bad seeing people suffer? Help out! There are all sorts of non-profit organizations that are in need of volunteers. Have extra income? Why not donate to a charity?

If someone is going through a hard time, be there for them. You'll feel much better, they'll be getting the help they need, and the sun will come up in the morning.
>>
>>18665077

go help people. dont have to change the world but do small things and confront the bad.

i had a rough go at it when i was younger, my father got cancer when i was 19 and when he died when i was only 21 he died and my boss gave me i think 2 or 3 days for it then made me get back to work. i had no time for the grieving process between funeral arrangements. after that i held 3 of our family dogs as they got put down because nobody else could, my uncle got diagnosed with cancer, etc.

but you have to see the good. ive bought probably 4 dozen homeless people groceries or food over the years, some cried because nobody ever did that for them. another guy got out of jail and they dumped him on a road with literally nothing, i stayed with him for a hour and let him use my phone and talked to him until a friend called my phone back and made arrangements to get him and a place to stay. he gave me a necklace someone made for him in jail. i volunteer a couple hours a week with a school kid that doesnt have a father figure and ive helped people in parking lots with stranded cars fix their stuff because i used to be a mechanic.

the worlds what you make of it, if you stay sheltered and only see the bad thats all you see.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.