[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My anger issues are ruining my life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1498796058970.png (108KB, 250x373px) Image search: [Google]
1498796058970.png
108KB, 250x373px
This'll be a fucking long one. Sorry in advance.

Besides my "normal" negative traits (mainly narcissism, laziness, manipulativeness, woe-is-me-ism, and lying, above others), I hold three very destructive beliefs about myself. Even though I know they're destructive, fighting against them seems impossible, since they seem to constantly hold true.
- I am powerless against my negative traits
- I AM my negative traits
- I am either a burden or harmful to the people in my life

With that out of the way, let's talk about the viscious cycle that my anger causes.

1. Getting Angery
- I get angered by people who mimic my negative traits.
- I get angered by people whom I feel are trying to control me

2. Lashing Out
- I often lash out at people because of my low self-control over my anger, which feeds both into my beliefs that I am harmful to people, that I am powerless against my negative traits, and that I AM my negative traits.

3. Falling Into Depression
- After I fall into a bout of anger, afterwards I'll fall into a bout of depression due to the feeling of being both harmful to others and powerless to not be that way.
- This period of constant pity parties feeds my belief that I'm a burden to the people who stick around past the anger, which just makes me feel more depressed.

4. Return to Status Quo
Eventually I'll stop feeling depressed about my bullshit, so life will go back to normal, but eventually I'll get angry again, and the cycle just never stops.

I don't even know where to start in breaking this cycle down. I'm seriously thinking about killing myself, since there's no point to living if I'll I'm gonna do is make myself and others miserable. Is there anything I can I do?

Pic Related: me to me
>>
Diagnosis : Depression
>>
>>18665039
But what can I do about it? I owe several thousand in hospital bills (was hospitilized for attempted suicide back in May), so I can't get anything professional right now.
>>
Have you considered finding some sort of outlet for your anger? Some hobby or career that lets you channel it in a (slightly) healthier manner than lashing out?
>>
>>18665103
I assume you mean something like karate or kickboxing? I did try that a while back, but it didn't really help much, unfortuately. However, I'll try it again.
>>
>>18665108
Those tend to help me, yes. But I meant something more long-term. A job that lets you take that pent-up anger, and direct it in a productive manner. Your inclination to karate and kickboxing leads more to assume you're at least semi-athletic, so you could land a gig that takes advantage of that. Bounty hunting, demolition work, maybe even mercenary contracts if you're not above something a little more morally grey.

It's not a bad thing to be angry or negative. Hell, look at the world we're forced to live in. It doesn't have to ruin your life, and it certainly doesn't have to make you want to end it. Own your anger. Make it work for you. You said yourself you don't like being controlled, so show the anger who the fucking boss is.
>>
>>18665119
Well I'm not old enough to become a bounty hunter in my state, but that idea of owning the anger and making it work for me, I'll keep that in mind, and I'll try to come up with something I can do in the meantime. Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>18665134
My pleasure. When you do meet the age requirement, and if you do decide that bounty hunting still sounds appealing, talk to a cop. Bounty hunters work alongside law enforcement, so your local PD would know any in the area. Once you're in their world, bounty hunters can also likely point you in the direction of any other potential anger outlets on the underside of the law. You know, just in case.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.